talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Missed Social Cues

football forum

Have you ever missed an opportunity due to your ignorance in regards to social cues?

This is your chance to share it!

When i was 12/13 and i was on a night out on a club while on holidays a lovely blond girl grabbed my sword, yeah you heard it right, she just came out of nowhere and grabbed it, then walked past. I was shocked and froze there for a couple of secs, when i snapped back the girl was already too far, i regret to this day not having the reflexes and the experience to have benefited from that event.

Now's your turn!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tsubasa said:

12 year olds go clubbing in Argentina? 

Yep, actually i almost got bounced because i had quite the baby face, but at the end the others guys chatted the security guys out of it by saying i had just turned 15 and that it was my birthday. xD

Social cues or sexual? xD

Saw a friend crying her eyes out once, asked her if she was ok, she said yes as the tears roamed down her face, asked again...she said yeah, said fair play and walked off. A few minutes later a bird gave her a hug as soon as she saw her and they had a heart to heart over it haha.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Have you ever missed an opportunity due to your ignorance in regards to social cues?

This is your chance to share it!

When i was 12/13 and i was on a night out on a club while on holidays a lovely blond girl grabbed my sword, yeah you heard it right, she just came out of nowhere and grabbed it, then walked past. I was shocked and froze there for a couple of secs, when i snapped back the girl was already too far, i regret to this day not having the reflexes and the experience to have benefited from that event.

Now's your turn!

this explains a lot tbf. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Fuck off sunill xD, now tell your experience or the cowgod will eat you come sleeptime!

mate i always used to miss cues when I was younger and less confident. I had more friends that were girls than guys and looking back there were definitely times I liked a girl at one time and didn't act on it, or they liked me and I totally missed their intentions. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

mate i always used to miss cues when I was younger and less confident. I had more friends that were girls than guys and looking back there were definitely times I liked a girl at one time and didn't act on it, or they liked me and I totally missed their intentions. 

You also bailed on me in 2015. We would've probably made it to at least second base.

• Administrator
Just now, Anton said:

You also bailed on me in 2015. We would've probably made it to at least second base.

thi is the worst cue I've ever missed and I've never slept properly since.

10 minutes ago, Anton said:

Mate upon reflection I have missed many sexual cues. Wtf was wrong with me. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

We probably all have mates, but i want the juicy details!

Anton must have lots of those histories from his time in Japan, probably a Geisha even offered herself to him on a plate for him to interpret it as train schedules.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Danny said:

Why you going to north west London and not telling me about it mother fucker 

this just says to me his priorities are:

Meet Stan
Be Alone
Go Japan
Talk about Japan
Talk about Japan

Meet Danny. 

Happened during my college years. We had a friend,  whose father worked in Muscat and therefore his mother would often go to live there,  which meant an empty house for our group (we still have that group of friends from school days)  to hang out. Being rich he had a big house,  PS2 with countless games, PC with unlimited internet(which was a big deal for those days,  unlimited data). Sometimes his friends from college would hang out too.  

So,  anyways,  one day I was left alone with a friend from his college who I had met few times. We both had bunked our college that day. 

I was playing on the PS2,  a little too involved, standing up at times from my chair while battling the main bosses, before sitting down. One time, I accidentally sat on her lap (she was sitting on one of those stretchable chairs close to mine engrossed in her mobile). I instantly stood up and quickly apologised few times for sitting on her lap. And to my surprise she goes, 'It's okay,  you can sit on my lap and play the game' with a smile on her face. I froze,  didn't speak for few seconds, and then said no and apologised again. And the girl pulls the chair's lever to flatten it completely and goes again, 'Come on, let's see,  if I can bear your weight. You can lie on top of me and play. I will hold you with my arms and legs'. Like a bumbling idiot I froze for few seconds and again said 'no,  it's okay.'  I was alone with her for two more hours. I tried pushing myself to flirt,  but felt that the opportunity was gone. She was right there, fucking ready and all. 

I can never forget her face from that day. That smile. She was quite decent looking. And she wanted a fling and my brain ceased to function on an important moment. 

• Subscriber

I can think of a good story from when i was in Japan with my brother. I was 19 at the time, we went out clubbing and met a couple of girls. One was chinese and spoke fluent english the other i remember spoke very little, i think she was Japanese. The thing about being white and being in Japan i learned pretty quickly its like fishing with dynamite, your a rockstar. Anyways we were getting on great the english speaking one was going after me and i remember we were having a great time, lots of dancing lots of drinking eventually grinding up and all over and her eventually ramming her tongue down my throat. I remember you could smoke in the club for some reason, maybe you still can it would have been like 9 years ago. Anyways we were sitting down and i distinctly remember her grabbing a smoke off a guy sitting next to us and saying a few things i didnt think much at the time. The night carried on and it was getting late on so i was leaning in asking her if she wants to get out of here and go to her place or a love hotel and at that point she says to me "Im going to go home with my boyfriend now" she gets up and grabs the guys hand that gave her the smoke and walks out.

I still dont really know what to think, i actually remember asking her to get out of there earlier on too and her response was something along the lines of a hotel is cold my bed is cold, lets wait. I think she was a succubus, basically explains everything.

My brother didnt seal the deal either, meeting up in the morning he ended up ditching the girl at a super market because she was trying to get him to book into an expensive hotel for the night.

9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I can think of a good story from when i was in Japan with my brother. I was 19 at the time, we went out clubbing and met a couple of girls. One was chinese and spoke fluent english the other i remember spoke very little, i think she was Japanese. The thing about being white and being in Japan i learned pretty quickly its like fishing with dynamite, your a rockstar. Anyways we were getting on great the english speaking one was going after me and i remember we were having a great time, lots of dancing lots of drinking eventually grinding up and all over and her eventually ramming her tongue down my throat. I remember you could smoke in the club for some reason, maybe you still can it would have been like 9 years ago. Anyways we were sitting down and i distinctly remember her grabbing a smoke off a guy sitting next to us and saying a few things i didnt think much at the time. The night carried on and it was getting late on so i was leaning in asking her if she wants to get out of here and go to her place or a love hotel and at that point she says to me "Im going to go home with my boyfriend now" she gets up and grabs the guys hand that gave her the smoke and walks out.

I still dont really know what to think, i actually remember asking her to get out of there earlier on too and her response was something along the lines of a hotel is cold my bed is cold, lets wait. I think she was a succubus, basically explains everything.

My brother didnt seal the deal either, meeting up in the morning he ended up ditching the girl at a super market because she was trying to get him to book into an expensive hotel for the night.

Lol that's hilarious. Maybe they were swingers? :what:

23 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah that was my guess, not really encountered it before though.

Literally met 4 or 5 people that were all considered "together", yet it was also open ended. They all dated each other. 

Weirdest fucking thing I've ever seen. 

Archived