MqxOKmB.png

Current Standings:

lFf639w.png

Top Goal scorers:

X3VMY7s.png

Assists:

XIJWPRN.png

-----------------------------------------------------

I didn't see it, but it sounded like a good game last night between Espanyol and Las Palmas. Both have been entertaining sides this season with goals in them. Sides like those 2 and the likes of Celta Vigo make for a very healthy mid-table in la liga right now. I will have to watch the highlights from it.

Barcelona's game could be tricky tomorrow afternoon against Deportivo as Northern Spain is never an easy place to go for the club and Depor fighting for survival could make them a potential bannana skin. The players must also be burned out a bit after what happened mid-week, although at the same time they will also be full of confidence.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Barcelona's game could be tricky tomorrow afternoon against Deportivo as Northern Spain is never an easy place to go for the club and Depor fighting for survival could make them a potential bannana skin.

It's not just that...  Those Barça players will still be on an emotional trip full of euphoria which tends to have a negative effect where sport is in question.  It's a game they MUST get over and done with on a positive result so that from there onwards they can move on from the Champions League miracle.  It's a very very hard game indeed!

6 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

Leganes take a surprise lead away at Sevilla.

Perhaps Sevilla players have one eye on the biggest match of their careers on Tuesday...

Leganés gave Barça a nightmare game at the Camp Nou three weeks ago after Barcelona lost the game 4-0 in Paris.  I'm not surprised their giving Sevilla the same medicine.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Leganes mixing it up at the top with a draw against Sevilla, they just don't know how to roll over to the big boys which is great. 

Real Madrid have got to play them away soon as well.

This league is certainly far from decided. Some big games coming up for all involved. It's been an interesting season and any side at the moment can cause problems for the big sides on the night.

47 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Real Madrid have got to play them away soon as well.

This league is certainly far from decided. Some big games coming up for all involved. It's been an interesting season and any side at the moment can cause problems for the big sides on the night.

The thing is that Leganés are more resolute against the big boys when they play away.

• Administrator

Just switched over to the Deportivo vs Barca game and seen it is proper chucking it down. Making it very difficult for players to get any flowing moves going.

• Administrator

brilliant shot it's superbly saved by Ter Stegen. Was definitely going in but tipped round the corner.

And from that corner Deportivo score! Joselu, on loan from Stoke, smashes it in. 1-0.

• Administrator

looking at the replays for the goal, Ter Stegen could have done better to hold it as it bounced off Mascherano's shot. Didn't quite get a grip on it and then couldn't palm it away to safety. 

I have to say to my disappointment that André Gomes has been woeful in that first half.  He has been slow (without wanting to criticise his lack of inventiveness elsewhere) in all departments.  I said the other day that he doesn't seem to be a Barça type player but even then there have been situations in that first half where for Valencia he was dynamic and marvellous.  There seems to be more to this with him and it isn't just that he may not be able to fit into the system...  I think he is suffering from a psychological block at Barça.

Deportivo in my view have been awful but Barça as an attacking entity have been worse.  Yes, they've dominated possession, but that's the norm and especially with the midfield they have out there today. There have been opportunities though, and good ones too!  Neymar is a massive miss because he is different and he goes at players to try and penetrate the more sensitive areas of the rival...

Right now I don't see where the goal is gonna come from and I want to add that Messi has been non existent so far!  He didn't have a key part in the PSG miracle and here he's just not there right now.

A very costly hangover.  Not that the title is over by a long margin, but it serves Barcelona right for that performance because Deportivo didn't even do anything out of the ordinary.  Plenty of sides have played batter than Depor did today and come out losing strangely.

Terrible performance but I knew it would be a loss/draw as soon as I saw the line up. Far too many changes. The team have put on their best 2 performances of the season in the last few weeks, but 5 changes from that set of players is always going to make it difficult to continue that run.

La Liga isn't over yet, but it's games like this, Deportivo Alaves at home, Malaga at home and Real Betis away which will likely lose the league come May.

Archived