talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Spicy Food

football forum

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit that I do like a bit of spicyness to certain foods but I think spicyness is very addictive from what I've observed amongst friends during my life and it can become ott. People will start to add spice to dishes that traditionally don't have it and even though that's not an issue at all because each person is free to embellish their plate of food as they wish, it does also show how addictive it is. 

I know of someone that's even gone to the extreme of trying it on desserts and only stopped doing it because he saw that it was ridiculous. The other proof of spicyness' addictive nature is the fact that those that really do become accustomed to searching for the hit in all sorts of foods will slowly have to raise the levels of spicyness as time goes by... Low levels are no longer enough!

Like I said at the start... I like it but I do also respect the culinary traditions of each dish and where each ingredient belongs because it does. 

• Subscriber

I love it, but personally, I need to be able to feel both the taste of the dish AND the heat, otherwise it's quite pointless. That's why I love Thai food; it combines the intense flavours and spiciness so well. The best spicy dish I ever had was Kua Gling (southern Thai dry curry which is basically meat fried in chili paste), it's extremely spicy yet flavourful; and Som Tam (Isaan-style papaya salad). The most stupidestly spicy dish I ever tried was Szechuan hotpot (in essence, it's boiling chili broth) my Chinese neighbours cooked in the communal kitchen of our student halls, the smell alone was enough to make you cry xD 

• Administrator

Love spicy food and have grown up with it since childhood thanks to a family who are great cooks. 

But there is too much of a good thing! Spiciness in food is great and welcome, but too much of it spoils the taste of the actual food you're eating. As @nudge alludes to, you have to be able to taste what you're eating without it being spoilt by too much spice. 

• Subscriber

I don't mind spice (extreme levels even) in my food but there is a limit and as some have already alluded to, if it ruins the base of what I am eating then its not worth it. I tried a ghost chili pickled from a place up north once and at first it was great tasting till it decided to lay a cluster of heat in my mouth then it got a little unpleasant. As you go further south in India the spice gets hotter imo and there are places like Andhra Pradesh where even simple things like Biryani can be extremely spicy but man the taste oh the taste.

• 3 years later...
  • Subscriber

I will bring this thread back into the living as I was not around when it was created but once upon a time I could not stand spicy meals (even carrots, beetroot, brussel sprouts, onions) but they say as you get older your taste buds change and then you nibble on something mentioned of the latter and then think "What the fuck have I been missing..." and scoff the lot down.  

• Subscriber
On 27/11/2017 at 00:53, Spike said:

I love spicy food. If I'm not bleeding out my ass the next day, it wasn't spicy enough. For reference Nando's Xtra-Xtra Spicy sauce is baby's first hot sauce.

That sauce is mild.

On 19/08/2021 at 05:45, MUFC said:

That sauce is mild.

It is. But they do have one that tastes just dreadful, it has the spice cranked up really high but to the point it starts getting that awful metallic flavour. Ghost peppers are notorious for that.

Me and my friend once ordered food and told to make it spicy.

After few bites we noticed it was too spicy. I rushed towards the sink to wash my mouth and ate some mayonnaise.

Complained to the waiter he said Sir you told to make it spicy my friend replied told to make it spicy not blow off our anuses.

We still laugh at it. 

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Khan of TF365 said:

After few bites we noticed it was too spicy. I rushed towards the sink to wash my mouth and ate some mayonnaise.

Complained to the waiter he said Sir you told to make it spicy my friend replied told to make it spicy not blow off our anuses.

We still laugh at it. 

You probably needed to be there

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, Khan of TF365 said:

We still laugh at it. 

23 minutes ago, Batard said:

You probably needed to be there

They literally did ask for it, as well.

Love Spicy food, but also I need to taste the other flavors in it. I'm not a fan of spicy just for a spicy taste. 

There is a Pho restaurant near me that makes a brilliant Pho with spices that is one of my favorite dishes locally. 

2 hours ago, Khan of TF365 said:

We still laugh at it. 

You should crush a dondicut with your bumcrack

Archived