talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andre Carrillo sent Ashley Young back to Villa with that nutmeg despite his 2 goals.

Just wish he could do that a bit more and not like the lazy overhyped player he is.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Iborra might be exactly the kind of midfielder Liverpool needs. He seems so smart under pressure in deep areas.

I thought myself both Liverpool or Arsenal could've done a lot worse.

We play infinitely better football with him in the side.

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, 6666 said:

So are we to be fair. xD

Man City, Chelsea & Man Utd are the 3 I expect to make up the top 3. The rest of the teams mentioned before the season, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool & Everton to fight it out for the final spot. :ph34r:

I'm not quite sure if we'll make top 4 but we did win the transfer window trophy just a couple of months ago so as long as we stay up we'll have had a better season than Spurs or Liverpool unless they win a major trophy too.

Can someone tell me how Carrillo played? I've heard that this was one of his better games. Got an assist and did some cheeky tricks that turned out for him.

“The project here at Tottenham is to try to win the Premier League or the Champions League,” Pochettino said. “For me, that is the two big trophies. OK, I would love to win the Carabao Cup or the FA Cup for our fans.

“But Tottenham must build a project with the possibility to fight for Champions League or Premier League. Sorry, first of all the Premier League and then the Champions League. If we are going to try to win Carabao Cup or FA Cup, and forget the Premier League or Champions, it's a big mistake.

“I think, what it means for a big team to win trophies, is to win the Premier League or Champions League.

“There are a lot of examples: in my second season at Southampton, Wigan won FA Cup. Where is Wigan today, with all my respect? League One. Look – that is the most important example. Of course, I would like to win trophies but first of all we'll fight for the Premier League or the Champions League.”

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

Rumours loads of Palace fans were locked out for tonight's game. Disgraceful but no doubt Brighton get away with it.

They gave an allocation of 2000. I know people that had been season ticket holders for 15 years and didnt have the loyalty points for a ticket. I anticipate a couple more hundred would have turned up to Brighton for the atmosphere or try there luck. For a club that usually just have to accommodate bored Tottenham fans in a Lego built stadium I understand how they would have struggled to cope with the occasion. From a Palace perspective you would have been daft not to get in the ground early.

• Administrator

Well my pre-match thoughts were bang on :ph34r:

First half was superb. Best I've seen so far. Amazing awareness and execution by Vardy for his goal. So much to do and he did it with precision. 2nd goal was standard Mahrez. No idea how teams still let him run in on his left towards the box and let him unleash a shot. Before we broke I was begging for the ref to blow for half time xD

2nd half was all Spurs as was fully expected. How they didn't score some of their chances I will never know. Think it was Llorente and Eriksen who missed their easiest ones. 

Spurs look a shadow of themselves right now. In a bit of a slump but no doubt they'll get out of it soon. They played some good stuff and created opportunities but lacked that clinical edge in front of goal. 

Big 3 points for us though. Promising start from Puel. Only lost against Man City just like every team is doing and not as boring as many made him out to be. Our first win over Spurs at home since we left Filbert Street 15 years ago. About fucking time! 

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Dan said:

Rumours loads of Palace fans were locked out for tonight's game. Disgraceful but no doubt Brighton get away with it.

Heard on the radio that lots of Palace fans travelled to the ground without a ticket and some even got in without one anyway by turning up early. 

Can't really blame Brighton for that? 

Just now, VanPaddy said:

So what would happen if Tottenham finish out of the top 4 and get knocked out of The champions league in the next round, is it pressure of Pochettino who suppose to have the best Spurs team for years. 

"Our objective is to try to win the Premier League and the Champions League. For me, two real trophies.

"That can really change your life. And then the FA Cup, of course, I would like to win. 

"I would like to win the Carabao Cup. But I think it will not change the life of Tottenham. If you want to be a big team and if you want to fight for big things, it's impossible if you don't use all the squad and rotate in England. 

I'm not here to laugh at Spurs. When Poch came out and said that I did raise an eyebrow, with the manner in which they went out of the League Cup and hinting he was prioritizing the two bigger trophies. Their exit from the League Cup is just another trophy less that they can win.

I wouldn't be happy with those comments, much like Conte banging on about the fixture congestion.

Happy with a point considering we have looked tragic recently and considering we were 2 down.

Aarons and Mitro changed the game, would like to see both given a run in the team. We need Lascelles back asap as we have been all over the place since he got injured. Thankfully Merino is back though even if he was poor tonight.

28 minutes ago, Stan said:

Heard on the radio that lots of Palace fans travelled to the ground without a ticket and some even got in without one anyway by turning up early. 

Can't really blame Brighton for that? 

There's been anger about the allocation number and how loyalty points have been awarded for weeks. Season ticket holders that used to regularly go to the withdean didn't have enough loyalty points but a fan of three years who buys all the crap in the club shop over the last three years would have made it. That's not including the fourteen year old 'Holmesdale Ultras' either.

As for Brighton I used to like them as a club. Now I see them as having the most boring, plastic support in the country. Should read some of the shite on Twitter, one bellend saying how Palace fans are a disgrace with all of the pyro because it could cause people to think its terrorism. Aye because Jihadi John loves setting smoke bombs off.

Proper weird fan base.

Luiz injured. Great. I'd play Cahill today, rest him against Newcastle, then play him against Altetico. Does extremely well when he's reduced to every other game. 

I'd still opt to rest Hazard in favor of Willian and Pedro who are both in decent form. Drinkwater+Kante pairing with Cesc and Bakayoko resting. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Luiz injured. Great. I'd play Cahill today, rest him against Newcastle, then play him against Altetico. Does extremely well when he's reduced to every other game. 

I'd still opt to rest Hazard in favor of Willian and Pedro who are both in decent form. Drinkwater+Kante pairing with Cesc and Bakayoko resting. 

Is he "injured" again?

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

No. Hazard must not be rested. He's Fantasy League captain. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

He's had knee issues since that horrid tackle from Cunt Aguero. 

No doubt the media will eat it up considering this is happening right after links of him going to Real. 

Could care less tbh, i like Luiz he does a decent job but even if we sell him in the summer we should have Zouma back and still cope. Hope it is nothing serious before the busy schedule.

However Dave needs a bloody rest he will burn out

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived