talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Could care less tbh, i like Luiz he does a decent job but even if we sell him in the summer we should have Zouma back and still cope. Hope it is nothing serious before the busy schedule.

However Dave needs a bloody rest he will burn out

Can see Zouma leaving permanently. Looks out of place in a 3 at a back and can't pass worth dick. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cicero said:

Can see Zouma leaving permanently. Looks out of place in a 3 at a back and can't pass worth dick. 

How fucking dare you? In all seriousness we can replace Luiz, have a decent core with Dave, Andreas, Rudiger and Cahill for cover.

Just now, True Blue said:

How fucking dare you? In all seriousness we can replace Luiz, have a decent core with Dave, Andreas, Rudiger and Cahill for cover.

Always been impressed with Miazga. Could be great cover.

But, like so many others before him, he will be loaned out forever and we will spend 30+ million on a back up. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Was watching that Salah goal against us again the other day and Cahill doesn't cover himself in glory there either, very passive.

Leicester have given us Drinkwater and signed Iborra, I'd know who'd I'd rather have.

and bagged a £15m profit out of it.

Was gutted when Drinkwater left. Given we signed Iborra and seeing how he's played, I'm perfectly happy about it. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Was gutted when Drinkwater left. Given we signed Iborra and seeing how he's played, I'm perfectly happy about it. 

I like that about Leicester. Ok they have their transfer ‘misses’ like everyone else, but they always seem to pull a hidden gem outta the bag. 

Hidden?! This is three time Europa league winner they're on about there. On the bounce. 

Our game tonight will be terrible. That gang of shithouses lost interest in playing for Unsworth long time ago and this will be no different. 

4 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Hidden?! This is three time Europa league winner they're on about there. On the bounce. 

Our game tonight will be terrible. That gang of shithouses lost interest in playing for Unsworth long time ago and this will be no different. 

Hidden as in off the radar. Nobody else was interested (to my knowledge), yet he’s come in on the cheap and actually improved Leicester’s midfield. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I like that about Leicester. Ok they have their transfer ‘misses’ like everyone else, but they always seem to pull a hidden gem outta the bag. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hidden as in off the radar. Nobody else was interested (to my knowledge), yet he’s come in on the cheap and actually improved Leicester’s midfield. 

correct. 

Hidden probably the wrong word but the principle is the same. 

I've noticed recently that we tend to sign leaders - Maguire from Hull, Iborra was Sevilla's captain, Adrien Silva was Sporting Lisbon's captain. Good way to go about business and puts a positive spin on some desperately tragic signings like Ahmed Musa. I know Silva hasn't played yet but he comes with a reputation to uphold. 

Just now, Stan said:

correct. 

I've noticed recently that we tend to sign leaders - Maguire from Hull, Iborra was Sevilla's captain, Adrien Silva was Sporting Lisbon's captain. Good way to go about business and puts a positive spin on some desperately tragic signings like Ahmed Musa. I know Silva hasn't played yet but he comes with a reputation to uphold. 

Not really. We signed Swansea's captain twice, Burnley's captain, United's captain, Ajax's captain and they're all shite. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Iborra wasn't even his replacement either. Drinkwater's replacement still hasn't kicked a ball. I think we're still a little flimsy in midfield - I like both Iborra and Ndidi but beyond that there still isn't much at the minute. I like the way it's shaping up though.

We've got some good players in our squad. A lot better a side than I think we get credit for. Understandable every now and then with some of the runs we have a knack of going on.

1 loss in 9 in all competitions and even that was to Man City. We're not doing badly really.

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

Iborra wasn't even his replacement either. Drinkwater's replacement still hasn't kicked a ball. I think we're still a little flimsy in midfield - I like both Iborra and Ndidi but beyond that there still isn't much at the minute. I like the way it's shaping up though.

We've got some good players in our squad. A lot better a side than I think we get credit for. Understandable every now and then with some of the runs we have a knack of going on.

1 loss in 9 in all competitions and even that was to Man City. We're not doing badly really.

do you think Silva will be a replacement for Ndidi when he's match fit? Was discussing with my dad how it'll work. I'd hope we persist with Ndidi cos he'll be a phenomenal player as he continues to learn and grow in a side like ours. The amount of interceptions and tackles he makes is superb. Just needs a bit of refining on the ball and a bit of composure at times. Can be a bit reckless or clumsy but not very often which is good. 

I wonder if he, Iborra and Silva could work in a 3. Iborra's height and presence makes him perfectly suited for his defensive midfield position. I can't remember the last time I've ever seen someone so calm and composed on the ball when there's about 3, 4 or 5 opposition players around him. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

correct. 

Nigeria's captain xD

Mendy was captain at Nice too. Under Puel, for what it's worth. I don't think he's done here after all.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

do you think Silva will be a replacement for Ndidi when he's match fit? Was discussing with my dad how it'll work. I'd hope we persist with Ndidi cos he'll be a phenomenal player as he continues to learn and grow in a side like ours. The amount of interceptions and tackles he makes is superb. Just needs a bit of refining on the ball and a bit of composure at times. Can be a bit reckless or clumsy but not very often which is good. 

I wonder if he, Iborra and Silva could work in a 3. Iborra's height and presence makes him perfectly suited for his defensive midfield position. I can't remember the last time I've ever seen someone so calm and composed on the ball when there's about 3, 4 or 5 opposition players around him. 

Puel I think rotates a lot based on the scenario we face. I expect that to continue once Silva is available - with us potentially fielding a three on occasion too. Silva will be a great option to have, really hope it works out for him as he's sacked off a 14 year long (or something like that) career with his boyhood club only to be left in the cold through sheer ineptitude.

Like this weekend for example, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he actually drops Albrighton - despite his goal at West Ham and his assist yesterday (and I thought he had a good game in general) he might be more likely to pick Gray given his stronger ability to do the unexpected and unlock a tight side. Burnley won't give us the space Spurs did.

Iborra's gone from looking lost in our side to being the main conductor. A real class act and the type of player we need around to help our younger players. He plays the game the right way.

Ndidi is still a bit raw but he's got a lot about him. He's on the way to sorting his passing which went a bit reckless, has a fantastic engine and has a superb shot on him. We have some good players in this side that weren't being set up right, and haven't for a while. Puel is switched on and I like what he's about.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Puel I think rotates a lot based on the scenario we face. I expect that to continue once Silva is available - with us potentially fielding a three on occasion too. Silva will be a great option to have, really hope it works out for him as he's sacked off a 14 year long (or something like that) career with his boyhood club only to be left in the cold through sheer ineptitude.

Like this weekend for example, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he actually drops Albrighton - despite his goal at West Ham and his assist yesterday (and I thought he had a good game in general) he might be more likely to pick Gray given his stronger ability to do the unexpected and unlock a tight side. Burnley won't give us the space Spurs did.

Iborra's gone from looking lost in our side to being the main conductor. A real class act and the type of player we need around to help our younger players. He plays the game the right way.

Ndidi is still a bit raw but he's got a lot about him. He's on the way to sorting his passing which went a bit reckless, has a fantastic engine and has a superb shot on him. We have some good players in this side that weren't being set up right, and haven't for a while. Puel is switched on and I like what he's about.

how much was your heart going when we broke with Gray and Slimani, and then Iborra - then the latter lost the ball when he should have passed to Slimani xD. Should have scored that and genuinely thought Spurs would get their equaliser straight after.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

how much was your heart going when we broke with Gray and Slimani, and then Iborra - then the latter lost the ball when he should have passed to Slimani xD. Should have scored that and genuinely thought Spurs would get their equaliser straight after.

Yeah we completely fucked that one up, and we've made a bit of a habit lately of conceding just after we should've scored (Man City at home, missing about a thousand chances at Stoke). I was convinced Spurs were going to equalise.

Having watched their penalty shout back, I actually think he's kicked his own foot - yet given the way Ndidi moved you could've seen him giving that. I was convinced it was a foul at first.

Just me, or was their goal offside? 

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

Yeah we completely fucked that one up, and we've made a bit of a habit lately of conceding just after we should've scored (Man City at home, missing about a thousand chances at Stoke). I was convinced Spurs were going to equalise.

Having watched their penalty shout back, I actually think he's kicked his own foot - yet given the way Ndidi moved you could've seen him giving that. I was convinced it was a foul at first.

Just me, or was their goal offside? 

all the action was down the other end for me! The 3 goals, the penalty shout, most of the second half xD 

I've only seen our goals back; keep watching Vardy's back and it gets better and better. Not seen their goal back so don't know if offside or not. Regardless it was a well worked goal. Knew Lamela would have a part to play.

Mahrez' goal was just like 2 seasons ago. In from the right, up against Vertonghen, cut inside a little, left foot shot beats Lloris. Carbon copy, just further out. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Is this the match thread or LCFC discussion ? O.o

hmm, well we did play last night and we're talking about the match xD 

Could always talk about Peru instead if you want :ph34r: ?

• Subscriber

Do I dare try and convince myself that the players might stop scratching their arses and try and send Unsworth off with a win knowing this is his last game in charge?

No. No I don't, we have a squad of melts.

Not much to say about our game. Anything but a very convincing win again these shitebags will be horrible. We need to take advantage of Spurs dropping points last night. Play Firmino, Mane, Salah, Coutinho and Lallana and we should have no problem smashing them.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived