talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 12-18th May 2017
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably expect us to see the home fans off win a win Friday night. 

Last game as a home player at Goodison for Lukaku and Barkley. Wouldn't mind seeing Lukaku get that golden boot so hopefully he scores. 

Schneiderlin is back training as well which is good for the spectacle. Could watch just him for 90 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Probably expect us to see the home fans off win a win Friday night. 

Last game as a home player at Goodison for Lukaku and Barkley. Wouldn't mind seeing Lukaku get that golden boot so hopefully he scores. 

Schneiderlin is back training as well which is good for the spectacle. Could watch just him for 90 minutes. 

You think Barkley will leave?

Just now, HK85 said:

Yeah, it would have been sorted by now if he was signing a new deal. 

It's no secret on here that I dont think it would be a great loss for you lot. Lukaku yes, but for me Barkley is easily replaceable. 

Title will be sorted this weekend and wouldn't be surprised if the relegation battle was as well.

Got to fancy an improved Swansea to beat Sunderland which would mean if Palace beat Hull it's all over before the final day, which would be a shame.

Buzzing my tits off for tomorrow, win and it is done. Hope the lads are fired up, with West Bromwich in a disaster form without a win in the last five we should look to end it. If by any means we draw/lose we could hold it for the weekend if Spurs slip or win it on Monday against Watford.

Just now, Cannabis said:

I'd be shocked if you don't do it against West Brom as they've been poor for a while now. 

It'd be nice to win at Stamford Bridge but I'm sure Conte would rather it was done and dusted.

To be honest from the fixtures after United away i only feared we would drop points against Everton away, now we are 7 clear and even if we drew all our remaining games it would be settled. Think the boys will be fired up and get it done, we can then rotate the squad a bit ahead of the Fa Cup final.

35 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah I didn't think about that, winning it against West Brom would surely make you favourites for the cup as you can rotate on a large scale.

What a season for Conte if you get the double and to think he seemed to start rather poorly.

Last manager that did the double with Chelsea got sacked. 

10 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's no secret on here that I dont think it would be a great loss for you lot. Lukaku yes, but for me Barkley is easily replaceable. 

From the outside, I can sort of understand why people think that. Unless he plays a 60 yard assist or puts one in the top corner from outside the box he doesn't feature much on highlight reels. But he is vital to our team. Since the turn of the year anyway and when our form picked up. 

Gylfi could well be his replacement (we'd still need someone else) but he doesn't have the qualities Ross has and vice versa. Think they'd be perfect together, actually. 

58 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Last manager that did the double with Chelsea got sacked. 

Biggest mistake manager wise for Chelsea, Carlo was perfect for the long run and such a classy manager. One season without a trophy and you're gone, hopefully after all these managers Roman learned a lesson.

37 minutes ago, HK85 said:

From the outside, I can sort of understand why people think that. Unless he plays a 60 yard assist or puts one in the top corner from outside the box he doesn't feature much on highlight reels. But he is vital to our team. Since the turn of the year anyway and when our form picked up. 

Gylfi could well be his replacement (we'd still need someone else) but he doesn't have the qualities Ross has and vice versa. Think they'd be perfect together, actually. 

For me he doesn't do enough for the hype he gets. He never turns up in the big games, in fact he turns into a yard dog because he's out of his depth. 

Give me Gylfi any day. 

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

For me he doesn't do enough for the hype he gets. He never turns up in the big games, in fact he turns into a yard dog because he's out of his depth. 

Give me Gylfi any day. 

What are we defining as a big game, though? Just against the top teams? 

1 minute ago, HK85 said:

What are we defining as a big game, though? Just against the top teams? 

Well yeah, what other big games are Everton ever involved in? 

Im not saying he's a bad player or that he doesn't have his moments but he is not a top level footballer. I don't even think he's Everton level. Maybe, but only just!

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well yeah, what other big games are Everton ever involved in? 

Im not saying he's a bad player or that he doesn't have his moments but he is not a top level footballer. I don't even think he's Everton level. Maybe, but only just!

Big games are entirely dependent on the situation you're in, surely? Swansea's game against us on Saturday was a big game for them, not us. Games for us against any of the London sides aren't big, there's absolutely nothing there, no rivalry, hardly anything at stake unless in the cup, which Ross was excellent in against Chelsea btw. They're about as big as a game against West Ham. 

4 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Big games are entirely dependent on the situation you're in, surely? Swansea's game against us on Saturday was a big game for them, not us. Games for us against any of the London sides aren't big, there's absolutely nothing there, no rivalry, hardly anything at stake unless in the cup, which Ross was excellent in against Chelsea btw. They're about as big as a game against West Ham. 

Ok take the Merseyside Derby for instance. The man didn't turn up and he never does. He turns into a barnyard animal. 

Seriously, I'm not having a go at Everton. I genuinely believe you should cash in because you can get better. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ok take the Merseyside Derby for instance. The man didn't turn up and he never does. He turns into a barnyard animal. 

Seriously, I'm not having a go at Everton. I genuinely believe you should cash in because you can get better. 

He plays the occasion rather than the game against Liverpool, always gets caught up in it. He's not the first to do that and won't be the last. That will come with age and more experience. 

I know you aren't, I've had similar talks with mates who support others clubs a few times and I always say unless you watch us consistently you can't really tell how good and important he is to us. 

1 minute ago, HK85 said:

He plays the occasion rather than the game against Liverpool, always gets caught up in it. He's not the first to do that and won't be the last. That will come with age and more experience. 

I know you aren't, I've had similar talks with mates who support others clubs a few times and I always say unless you watch us consistently you can't really tell how good and important he is to us. 

Fair enough 

• Administrator

think a definite loss on the cards for us on Saturday.

Morgan and Huth both out. Drinkwater out for the season. 

Which means our defence will probably be Benalouane and maybe Amartey/Fuchs at CB, Chilwell at LB. 

Gabriel Jesus, Sane, Silva might have a field day. Think Aguero is out.

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

Biggest mistake manager wise for Chelsea, Carlo was perfect for the long run and such a classy manager. One season without a trophy and you're gone, hopefully after all these managers Roman learned a lesson.

What's worst is that we finished 2nd xD

Not to mention we sold Joe Cole, Deco, Carvalho, Ballack, and Belletti. And our board only replaced them with....wait for it....Ramires. 

It's no surprised we struggled immensely. Our board made the same mistake in 2015, failing to strengthen after a title win. Because we win the title it papers over the cracks of our squad's frailties. This led us to make insane panic buys in January for Torres and Luiz. 

Praying to fuck the board have learned their lesson this time around as we are in need of strengthening in the summer. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

think a definite loss on the cards for us on Saturday.

Morgan and Huth both out. Drinkwater out for the season. 

Which means our defence will probably be Benalouane and maybe Amartey/Fuchs at CB, Chilwell at LB. 

Gabriel Jesus, Sane, Silva might have a field day. Think Aguero is out.

Jesus Christ. We could get absolutely slaughtered now.

Seen an interesting team selection on Twitter.

Schmeichel

Simpson - Benalouane - Fuchs

Albrighton - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Chilwell

Ndidi - Amartey

Mahrez

Slimani - Vardy

Could be a disaster. Could work. Similar to the side that played that second half against Atletico. It's a different scenario though admittedly.

If we go 4-4-2 with King and a partnership at the back like Benalouane and Amartey I think we'll get battered.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived