talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Booing at full-time and Sky also caught sound of some bloke screaming "Bilic you gotta go" as well but really, what's the point? I'm sure there would be a "new manager bounce", it's inevitable, look at Leicester and I'm sure when West Ham sack Bilic and there is an upturn of form, West Ham's owners will feel their decision has been vindicated but longer term, nothing will change. West Ham will still act the same way in the transfer window, they'll still sell their best players when a bigger club comes in for them and the manager at the time will never see that money and they'll be expected to replace the departing player with another player for a fraction of the fee. 

As I said above, the Olympic Stadium and the owners have a noose around the neck of that club and it's ever tightening. Olympic Stadium's are woeful venues for Football, history proves that but West Ham knew better and their fans said it would work. It isn't and it won't. It's a dive and until they leave or are allowed to knock the place down and start again, they'll lose a number of fans through discontentment and apathy. As for the owners, unless a daft multi-billionaire comes in with more money than sense and offers Gold and Sullivan an obscene figure for that club and enough of a profit for Gold and Sullivan's liking, they're heading more and more into the abyss and more and more like a Stoke City or West Brom, who are just nothing clubs in the Premier League these days.

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Booing at full-time and Sky also caught sound of some bloke screaming "Bilic you gotta go" as well but really, what's the point? I'm sure there would be a "new manager bounce", it's inevitable, look at Leicester and I'm sure when West Ham sack Bilic and there is an upturn of form, West Ham's owners will feel their decision has been vindicated but longer term, nothing will change. West Ham will still act the same way in the transfer window, they'll still sell their best players when a bigger club comes in for them and the manager at the time will never see that money and they'll be expected to replace the departing player with another player for a fraction of the fee. 

As I said above, the Olympic Stadium and the owners have a noose around the neck of that club and it's ever tightening. Olympic Stadium's are woeful venues for Football, history proves that but West Ham knew better and their fans said it would work. It isn't and it won't. It's a dive and until they leave or are allowed to knock the place down and start again, they'll lose a number of fans through discontentment and apathy. As for the owners, unless a daft multi-billionaire comes in with more money than sense and offers Gold and Sullivan an obscene figure for that club and enough of a profit for Gold and Sullivan's liking, they're heading more and more into the abyss and more and more like a Stoke City or West Brom, who are just nothing clubs in the Premier League these days.

West Ham have always been a bit of a nothing club though, whatever their fans may have you try to believe. 

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, Toony said:

Brighton looked excellent last night to be fair.

That must be it for Bilic now, West Ham have got some good players and look a decent team on paper but they were atrocious last night. Beyond bad.

xD

No they didn't. They were organised but excellent is a massive stretch. West Ham were just dire 

Not confident at all today for some reason. Palace are not as bad their position in the table suggests, numerous times last season where complacency kicked in - Bristol City home, Blackburn home and away, Wolves home....just a few examples. If we go with the same attitude as we have every other game this season then we have a good chance but if we take our foot off the pedal then they will beat us.

3 points and we are flying. 

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived