talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'm not in a position to laugh at any other club so I won't be making a jibe although United really need to look at themselves after that defeat. Champions don't lose to sides like Huddersfield, it's just not acceptable.

I get what you and others are saying but that's only one result. If United aren't champions it'll be City, in which case I could say "champions don't draw at home against Koeman's Everton" but they did. Either that or Chelsea where we could say "champions don't lose at home to Burnley on the first day" etc.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were poor for 70 minutes today. I worry that we are piss poor at taking the game to teams when we are expected to take the 3 points. Very happy with the 3 points though, Palace weren't bad really and could have easily won it when Loftus-Cheek played it across. 

Buzzing with the 3 points. 

I'm getting the feeling that the solution to Watford is Andre Carrillo. I'm trying not to be biased here, but based on what I've seen for Peru from a tactical point of view, he's used to perform a certain function. I've given up hope that he'll become a complete winger like I once believed. He can still be an important player to any side though as he's got great pace and dribbling and as far as what he needs to do, that's his job and he's very good. If there is one thing, Andre Carrillo is much better when he has fullbacks overlapping and creating space on the wing. 

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm getting the feeling that the solution to Watford is Andre Carrillo. I'm trying not to be biased here, but based on what I've seen for Peru from a tactical point of view, he's used to perform a certain function. I've given up hope that he'll become a complete winger like I once believed. He can still be an important player to any side though as he's got great pace and dribbling and as far as what he needs to do, that's his job and he's very good. If there is one thing, Andre Carrillo is much better when he has fullbacks overlapping and creating space on the wing. 

I am sure you have made about 200 posts bugging him up.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

49 mins Chelsea 1-2 Watford.

65 mins Carrillo comes on

90 mins Chelsea 4-2 Watford.

I don't think Carrillo is the answer :ph34r: 

Just now, Any O'Brien said:

I am sure you have made about 200 posts bugging him up.

Its normal though - its the sort of knowledge I can provide on here.

Just now, Stan said:

49 mins Chelsea 1-2 Watford.

65 mins Carrillo comes on

90 mins Chelsea 4-2 Watford.

I don't think Carrillo is the answer :ph34r: 

I never said he was the answer though, but perhaps a tactical solution to the wings. He needs to be used right though. From Peru experience, he can be tactically naive which is why I've stressed too many times that he's overrated and Edison Flores is the better Peruvian winger.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I never said he was the answer though, but perhaps a tactical solution to the wings. He needs to be used right though. From Peru experience, he can be tactically naive which is why I've stressed too many times that he's overrated and Edison Flores is the better Peruvian winger.

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

We started off well with a great goal by Pedro, and then minutes after Fabregas had a brilliant chance to get us two clear and fucks up. Watford then pressed and got their earned equalizer. In the second for the first 20+ minutes it was all Watford first Richarlison missed an empty goal, then they took the lead then again had a brilliant chance to go 1-3 but Richarlison again missed. Conte made a good move who brought off Morata who had his worst Chelsea game and brought on Michy who did much much better and got a brace, Zappacosta had two crosses and one found Dave who bagged the third. Overall the 4-2 doesn't reflect the game, Watford did more than enough to get at least the draw if not the win but were very wasteful. I will take the points much needed, if we lost head would roll surely. Good for the team and for the atmosphere in the locker room.  

Our game was terrible

xD

Wrong decision not to start Merino and made worse by how bad Perez was. Once that was corrected with substitutions we turned up and were able to create what was needed to get the win. 

We were there for the taking in the first hour and Palace paid the price for not being able to get a shot on target.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

It's one thing to not be able to pronounce foreign players names but Martin Keown can't even pronounce British names ffs.

i didn't know West Brom had a new manager in pulliss. 

11 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Our game was terrible

xD

Wrong decision not to start Merino and made worse by how bad Perez was. Once that was corrected with substitutions we turned up and were able to create what was needed to get the win. 

We were there for the taking in the first hour and Palace paid the price for not being able to get a shot on target.

You lot must be struggling to breath... you are not used to being that high up... 

14 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

We've started copying the breathing techniques of most top clubs and just sit there in silence when playing teams at the bottom :ph34r:

You want to hope you don't get any higher or Ashley might decide to hold off selling... :ph34r:

I have to say that I also thought that Huddersfield would have made less than 12 points all season. This is something historic and hopefully the supermarket Premier League machine can make something out of this. 

Manchester United (without naming names) should be bloody embarrassed. That’s a joke!

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived