talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Lovely finish but what the fuck is maerterdhacker doing there? Backing off rooney

If he goes towards Rooney then there's a man right next to him about to run in behind. Just the kinds shit situation defenders find themselves in when their midfield gives the ball away right in front of them. 

16 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Arsenal defence and midfield is so weak and all over the place!  No one taking control of anything.

Best I've seen Arsenal play for a long time to be frank. If you were 3-0 up, I don't think anyone would debate it.

• Subscriber

Oh look, we're still shite.

Gueye has played well as long as he doesn't get another yellow. Pickford has kept the score at 1-1 instead of 1-3 but once again Sigurdsson and Rooney offer nothing in this system besides the goal and all three of Arsenals attackers are quicker than all three of our centre halves. Baines and Kenny not bad but not offering much going forward. Vlasic and Calvert-Lewin started well but haven't had a sniff since our decent phase after the goal.

Can't see us winning this and surprised if we hang on for a point.

24 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Best I've seen Arsenal play for a long time to be frank. If you were 3-0 up, I don't think anyone would debate it.

Yea but the goal conceded summed Arsenal up, plus they are not really dealing very well when Everton do attack.

• Subscriber

Said he should have been gone after Burnley. Instead we keep him four more games which have seen us out of Europe and in the relegation zone with a whole quarter of the season gone when Arsenal score another goal (and they will).

Fucking hell Arsenal have had 20 shots in less than an hour. I vaguely remember when teams used to see Goodison as a fortress.

Yet some people think it's all because Koeman got let down with a striker in the transfer window or that sacking him would be pointless. xD

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived