talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen that double touch from a penalty taker before and it's always been disallowed as the same player can't touch the ball twice on a foul due to it being deemed continuation.

There was a hell of a lot of play acting too from the City players toward the end which the referee chose to ignore as he did with a deliberate stamp by Vardy on a City player.

• Subscriber

Too negative a start but I've left that wondering how we've lost it. Not a bad effort when missing a few players.

Mahrez was very good today so it's unlucky for that to happen. Ref got it right but there is surely a case for making that a retake in the rules rather than a free kick.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

but there is surely a case for making that a retake in the rules rather than a free kick.

It's deemed as deception under the rules mate.  Obviously it's an error seeing as Mahrez slips which forces the double touch, but the rules don't encompass a slip.

With Swansea winning at Sunderland I think that is them safe barring a big fuck up.

It's between Hull and Palace if it stays the same and really it's Hull who are probably gone because they've got Spurs last game and Palace have Man Utd reserves. This is assuming hull beat Palace as well.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

It's deemed as deception under the rules mate.  Obviously it's an error seeing as Mahrez slips which forces the double touch, but the rules don't encompass a slip.

I think it's quite harsh on the taker personally that it's deemed to be a free-kick rather than a retake, there's clearly no deception in that and it's not like he's given the goal.

I don't blame Madley at all, he got it right.

I thought their first was offside but it's yet another case of the officials having too much responsibility. The rules ask far too much of the ref and linesman there. They've got it wrong but I can't actually blame them.

We were unlucky today but it happens. We invited trouble again. The first half an hour was awful. We've got to be more positive against sides who have demonstrated they can't defend time and time again.

I'm genuinely gutted that Hull could go down after Swansea's win against Sunderland. For me they've been a decent side whilst the Swans have been scraping the bottom of the barrel for most of the campaign.

• Subscriber

I do hope Hull win just to keep it interesting.

Hull win it and you've got a fantastic last day. Hull don't win and it's the dullest in memory.

• Subscriber
Just now, Aaroncpfc said:

And I do hope you can't enjoy it because you've been hit by a bus.

Hopefully it's the bus Marco Silva parks at your place that contributes to the 0-1, thus making you even more angry.

I want Hull to win as well, just for the neutral.

The final day will be a bit shit if the title race and relegation battle has already been decided, as it was last season. 

Arsenal lead. Pressure on Liverpool at West Ham is massive now.

If they don't win then they will need Everton to help them into the champions league on the last day :o

Wenger has to stay now. Fantastic form and a cup final.:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Monreal has been brilliant as has (as per usual) Alexis with his no nonsense 100% commitment.  And even though Giroud has the goal, he's been utter tripe and has been like a stump without any intuition at all... Suddenly his game doesn't seem so bad.  Only that move to lose his marker in the goal after a good move is the only thing (THE ONLY THING) he's done.  That's why he's shit!

Bellerín was very intelligent for the goal and he is suited to the back 3...  Barça are obviously watching that detail.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived