talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

6 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

No Firmino for us today. Obviously never wish injury on anyone, etc. but I think that might actually help our chances today as he can be especially ineffectual against the more defensive teams.

He's still our most productive player in terms of numbers this season barring Mane who is also out. All it means is that Origi will certainly start again and he's been terrible since after his cameo against Everton. 

I don't see how this could possibly help us at all? 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

If we move the ball fast and start pressing from the get-go we'll win this game but as MadLad has said I am a little weary of our chances today. Even if it has to be grinded out I hope we get the win today it would just take the pressure off into the last game. Is Lallana starting in place of Robbie?

Just now, Mel81x said:

If we move the ball fast and start pressing from the get-go we'll win this game but as MadLad has said I am a little weary of our chances today. Even if it has to be grinded out I hope we get the win today it would just take the pressure off into the last game. Is Lallana starting in place of Robbie?

I hope not. Lallana is much better in midfield and is nowhere near as affective up front. With Firmino out we'll probably go with Coutinho, Sturridge & Origi up top. 

27 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We've beat them once in 7 games despite being better than them at football. We simply don't like playing West Ham. 

Anyhow, I hope you're right I really do Mike but I'm not confident at all. 

*edit* Just read that they have about 5-6 out injured, basically down to the bare bones. So if we can't get a win against these lot under these circumstances then we have absolutely no business being in the Champions League anyway. 

Due a win against them then aren't we?:D

Got no interest in the PL now the important stuff has been decided, or will have been when Palace beat Hull today.

However today being the last game at White Harte Lane is very sad. Class ground. Can understand the reasons for it but doesn't make it better that they're leaving it for a shinier, newer, Toryer version of The Emirates.

18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I hope not. Lallana is much better in midfield and is nowhere near as affective up front. With Firmino out we'll probably go with Coutinho, Sturridge & Origi up top. 

This is what I'm thinking. That allows us to be much more direct, which is what we need against these teams and what we've been missing without Mane.

16 hours ago, Toony said:

Wenger's definitely staying.

Is it just me that thinks Hughes is doing a bang average job at Stoke?

Absolute fucking charlatan. Took them as far as he possibly can, as far as he could take any team. Wouldn't be surprised to see him peddled in the Summer. 

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Silva won't resign when his stock is relatively high.

This was their big chance to get out of it but Palace have put an end to their hope. They look to be surviving for another year.

He was only appointed until the end of the season anyway wasn't he?

19 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Time to turn over to the playoffs I think 

Been looking forward to them since our win against Preston and both games have been shocking. Huddersfield love to fanny on with the ball and do fuck all with it. Wednesday are just a big dirty side.

Hope winner of this goes up.

Crystal Palace have absolutely dominated Hull. They're a strong side. It's a shame Swansea are staying up for yet another season as I've found them to be weak. Although we don't know exactly who are coming up next season if Swansea don't do something soon they'll wither away.

Looks like we are going with a diamond formation with Can playing at the base, Wijnaldum and Lallana in the middle and Coutinho at the tip with Sturridge and Origi up top. 

Its about the best team we could muster to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Four now....hull deserve to go down today, wtf is this performance about??

It's as if they gave up. A genuinely shit performance from them.

The Newcastle fans must be ecstatic with their three biggest rivals all going down in the same season.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived