talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

54 minutes ago, Cure said:

It's as if they gave up. A genuinely shit performance from them.

The Newcastle fans must be ecstatic with their three biggest rivals all going down in the same season.

Hull aren't considered a rival by any stretch.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Cure said:

My bad I'm afriad. I'd always convinced myself otherwise.

Nah, no hard feelings from us.

I actually would have preferred Hull to stay up over Swansea or Palace.

Gini almost scored a wonderful goal, Coutinho scores immediately afterwards. Coutinho scores again on the break after Reid is still down in our box, maybe they have a right to be aggrieved... but also fuck West Ham send we need these 3 points.

I've seen us fuck things up when we've been up by three but I can lie, I'm proud of this performance so far. We have easily earned this lead. 

Just hold on lads. Please.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Champions League all but wrapped up for Liverpool, to think some morons were calling for Klopp's head earlier in the season xD!

All we have to do is not fuck up against a relegated side. Which for us is like the equivalent of playing against Barca/Madrid, for some irritating reason haha

1 minute ago, FOYM said:

I've seen us fuck things up when we've been up by three but I can lie, I'm proud of this performance so far. We have easily earned this lead. 

Just hold on lads. Please.

Hold on?!? 3 goals and hit the bar 3 times, it's West Ham that need to hold on to this 3 goal defeat. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Divock gets a goal too, which is good cuz his form has been a bit poo poo recently until this match. This return to the diamond is working well for us.

We look so much better playing this system don't we? Not created this many chances in a game since December. Sturridge and Origi with Coutinho pulling the strings behind looks really encouraging. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

We look so much better playing this system don't we? Not created this many chances in a game since December. Sturridge and Origi with Coutinho pulling the strings behind looks really encouraging. 

The problem is if it can be very easy to defend against. But without Mane's blinding pace, it might be our best option. It's hard to say though because when we've got Mane, Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino, and Henderson all fit... it's hard to say system without all of them in the side isn't our best.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Daniel Sturridge is great too, gets injured for 90% of the season then turns up in May so that it's all forgiven xD. Such a fraud.

It's not really his fault he's a sicknote. Like Harry Kewell, I don't think he went out of his way to keep snapping his groin. Or Aurelio's fragile knees (which was a shame because he was a fucking brilliant left back). He's not reliable at all because of it, so I don't think he's going to be here much longer. But I'd like him to get healthy and be a regular for us again, but I don't know if it's likely. Made of glass.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The problem is if it can be very easy to defend against. But without Mane's blinding pace, it might be our best option. It's hard to say though because when we've got Mane, Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino, and Henderson all fit... it's hard to say system without all of them in the side isn't our best.

Yeah, it'll be nice when everyone's fit to have the option of changing the system around to suit the opposition. 

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived