talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2017

football forum

• Administrator

No doubt it's gonna be Lewis Hamilton winning. 

@Cannabis has been frantically ringing various BBC numbers to get his votes in for Hamilton without realising you can only vote during the live show on 17th December. @Storts the same for Kane, too. The fools!

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2017 contenders

A shortlist of 12 contenders has been announced for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2017 award.

They will go forward to a public vote on the night of the live show in Liverpool on Sunday, 17 December. The nominees are:

Elise Christie - Short Track Speed Skating
Sir Mo Farah - Athletics
Chris Froome - Cycling
Lewis Hamilton - F1
Anthony Joshua - Boxing
Harry Kane - Football
Johanna Konta - Tennis
Jonnie Peacock - Para-athletics
Adam Peaty - Swimming
Jonathan Rea - Motorcycling,
Anya Shrubsole - Cricket
Bianca Walkden - Taekwondo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Is that supposed to be humour or is he just as much of a twat as we all imagined? 

It's a piss take of Trump's tweet below:

Hamilton, Froome, Joshua stand out this year, I'd quite like to see Joshua win it despite not being a boxing fan.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Probably be Joshua but his achievement no where near Fury's a couple of years ago. As long as it's not Hamilton

Both brilliant achievements. I like Fury we need him back for the massive fights but at least Joshua has actually defended his belts and not just got pissed and sniffed coke. 

2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Both brilliant achievements. I like Fury we need him back for the massive fights but at least Joshua has actually defended his belts and not just got pissed and sniffed coke. 

I agree but in terms of that one fight with Klitschko Fury's achievement is by far better than AJ. Joshua just beat a beaten man and Fury finished fourth in this I think? Would be good for a boxer to win it like but I think Fury and even Frampton are probably deserving more than Joshua over the last couple of years

30 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

That’s not nice

Formula 1 is fucking awful, boring wankers driving round and round, watched by boring wankers. Fill your boots, but don’t call that shite sport, it’s offensive.

Fukken hell mate, did Schumacher diddle you in bee before his accident?

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

That’s not nice

Formula 1 is fucking awful, boring wankers driving round and round, watched by boring wankers. Fill your boots, but don’t call that shite sport, it’s offensive.

hmmm

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Maybe I’ve just been unfortunate in my experience of Formula 1 fans.

As a rule, any ‘sport’ you’ve got to have money to take part in is going to be inhabited by cunts. 

why does that make the people who watch it bad though xD ?

• Subscriber

It's motorSPORTS, whether you like it or not xD 

Granted, I do find the current incarnation of F1 quite a bit boring due to lack of competition, overtaking,  and actual racing action; and I prefer sports car/GT racing in general. It's still the pinnacle of motorsports though. Don't get it why people who have no clue and no interest in something would hate on it and on other people who like it though. To each their own. 

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Homophobic abuse from a mod now, doesn’t surprise me that an obsequious creep like you loves formula 1.

It's not homophobic. I didn't use it against a gay person, or did I? Anyway, stay edgy, kiddo. 

Archived