• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2017

football forum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

For me, DRS was just the final straw. F1 has become less attractive throughout the years due to too many rules and regulations, too much dependence on aerodynamics, too much of fuel and tyre saving strategies; it all just feels too artificial at times and makes close racing more or less impossible.

I like Joshua and what his win done for boxing but I don't think he deserves it over say Froome, Farah or Hamilton. Hamilton coming back to win the Championship, Froome with his 4th Tour de France and Farah with the gold and silver medals at the World Championships.

If Joshua had fought and beaten one of Parker or Wilder in 2017 instead of Takam then you'd probably put him up there, but in terms of the year i think more has been achieved elsewhere. If he successfully defends his title against even just 2/3 of Parker, Fury and Wilder in 2018 then I'd imagine he'll definitely win it then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
33 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

How can Anya Shrubsole be so low? She singlehandedly won you the WC. Sure our young batsmen got nervous and lost the plot,  but she bowled really well and won England the WC,  when we looked destined to win. 

women's cricket is only starting to get some airtime in the past couple of years. Whether she single-handedly won the tournament or not, I doubt many people know much about her compared to the likes of Anthony Joshua, Johnnie Peacock or Lewis Hamilton. 

On 14/12/2017 at 8:38 PM, The Artful Dodger said:

So Froome is a drug cheat, as Wiggins was. Strange how all these cyclists seem to have asthma isn’t it? It’s almost like it’s state sponsored...

Lol where’s the actual proof that Wiggins was a confirmed cheat? I take a sugar in my coffee, if Wada ban sugar tomorrow will you then label me a cheat? He used legal supplements at the time it’s hardly cheating. 

Also testing positive for a bit of Ashma medication is a world away from popping for EPO. 

Finally pure speculation on my part but Ashma & Road cycling having a correlation wouldn’t be surprising at all considering the environment the sport takes place in. 

Archived