talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Can anybody stop Wolves winning the title?

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Cardiff in 2013 maybe? But that was more down to everybody else being very average.

us in 2014? 

@Kitchen Sales what do you mean properly, out of interest?

If anyone is gonna come close to Wolves this season, it'll be Leeds I think.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

us in 2014? 

@Kitchen Sales what do you mean properly, out of interest?

If anyone is gonna come close to Wolves this season, it'll be Leeds I think.

To win it clearly and cleanly almost from start to finish. It probably requires 100 points. Everyone has to know x team is going to win the league all the way through.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

To win it clearly and cleanly almost from start to finish. It probably requires 100 points. Everyone has to know x team is going to win the league all the way through.

in which case I would say it was us that did this last, without trying to be biased.

last season it was between Brighton and Newcastle and the latter as you know pipped it on the final day. 
in 15/16 it was Burnley from about January I think as they didn't lose a game since that month. If memory serves me correctly they weren't on the scene until then
in 14/15 it was Bournemouth but I can't remember if they were top all the way through or if they had a late surge or something.
In 13/14 after going top in September, we were never below 3rd and finished with 102 points, I think we got the most wins a Championship season as well. 

I think they'll win it by a distance, but really when they've spent the money they have done they should be.

Cardiff will push them, Warnock is a class manager at this level. Villa will be up there but I think these teams are playing for second and I'll be amazed if Wolves don't go up as champions.

The biggest compliment I can give Wolves is that they are the best footballing team in this division since Swansea. Hands down.

I've seen too much Championship football for my liking, I've seen the difference between teams that have won the league or gained promotion, like your Newcastle's, Leicester's, QPR's, Burnley's, Middlesbrough's, Bournemouth's etc and Wolves are on a par with how good that Swansea team was.

What I mean by this is that when they step up to the Premier League, they fit like a glove because of their style and free flowing football. The way they kept the ball, passed sides to death and made established PL clubs look silly in their first year was admirable. The way they gave Championship clubs the runabout was refreshing to watch.

Every other team has in some way, shape or form, been forced to adapt their game for a more difficult level but Swansea are literally the only side who approached it like they played in the Championship. And Wolves are the first team I've seen since that I think can honestly do the same. They have such great quality.

Winning the title should be a formality for them. Even if they don't and someone like Villa pipped them, I still think they are well equipped for the Premier League.

Yes Villa could if we had a decent manager. But we won’t we have Bruce we play ugly stuff we’ll finish in the playoffs and get beat by an organised side that Bruce has no clue how to counter. 

I thought we were 50/50 with Wolves for periods when we played them but they have a decent manager who made decent tactical changes which changed the game, we have a cunt that’s tactical locker is basically to throw on Chris samba in attack. (Although he didn’t at molineux, in fairness) 

A great example is Bruce wanted to sell Adomah and he started on the bench this year injuries forced him onto the pitch likewise Kenan Davies. Man’s a complete turd nugget. 

5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Yes Villa could if we had a decent manager. But we won’t we have Bruce we play ugly stuff we’ll finish in the playoffs and get beat by an organised side that Bruce has no clue how to counter. 

I thought we were 50/50 with Wolves for periods when we played them but they have a decent manager who made decent tactical changes which changed the game, we have a cunt that’s tactical locker is basically to throw on Chris samba in attack. (Although he didn’t at molineux, in fairness) 

A great example is Bruce wanted to sell Adomah and he started on the bench this year injuries forced him onto the pitch likewise Kenan Davies. Man’s a complete turd nugget. 

Given the position he was in Steve Bruce seems to be doing a terrific job.

• Subscriber
On 11/27/2017 at 8:28 PM, Stan said:

in which case I would say it was us that did this last, without trying to be biased.

last season it was between Brighton and Newcastle and the latter as you know pipped it on the final day. 
in 15/16 it was Burnley from about January I think as they didn't lose a game since that month. If memory serves me correctly they weren't on the scene until then
in 14/15 it was Bournemouth but I can't remember if they were top all the way through or if they had a late surge or something.
In 13/14 after going top in September, we were never below 3rd and finished with 102 points, I think we got the most wins a Championship season as well. 

Bournemouth in 2015 and Newcastle in 2017 both pinched the title with the current leader (Watford and Brighton respectively) conceding a goal in injury time. For it to happen two years in three is amazing.

18 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given the position he was in Steve Bruce seems to be doing a terrific job.

Attendance is dwindling and I don’t know a season ticket holder pleased with the style of play. It may be proving effective results wise but it’s fucking frustrating at times. There’s genuinely some shite sides in this league I could manage that Villa to a decent finish and I’m a keyboard warrior. He comes up short against genuinely decent opponents again & again

• 1 month later...
On 27/11/2017 at 20:09, Kitchen Sales said:

I'd rather it be more competitive

Archived