talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Where Will This Team Be in 5 Years?

football forum

• Administrator

similar style to 'how big is this club' thread and other threads on here. 

Say a team, next poster states where they might be in 5 years time i.e. what division, what silverware they might win in that time-frame etc.

I'll start with EVERTON.

Go, bitches.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

A blatant Everton vulture fest so far but I'm not rising to it because we just aren't worth defending at the moment.

In five years Everton will be treading water outside the top six, with a better chance of getting in there than anyone else but not actually doing it. We will also have reached a semi final in each of the League Cup and the FA Cup before losing each one to one of the big six.

The next club is BOURNEMOUTH...

Bournemouth

Back in the Championship, after relegation from the Premier League in the next year or two and in that area of the table where they're not mid-table mediocrity but they're not quite challenging for the play-off's. If the Russian investors are involved still, it wouldn't surprise me if they have a new ground in the pipeline as Dean Court is currently very small and reduces the amount of revenue they could be making on a matchday. 

The next one...Manchester City

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Man City will probably have won the league a couple of times and probably even the Champions League too.

The next club is one that hasn't been mentioned yet, Everton Football Club

Everton FC

Already been done but if the Sam Allardyce story is true then mediocrity is where Everton will end up shrouded in...  Too many strange decisions have been made for a club with so much potential that resides in a world renowned footballing city. 

Arsenal FC

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Everton FC

Already been done but if the Sam Allardyce story is true then mediocrity is where Everton will end up shrouded in...  Too many strange decisions have been made for a club with so much potential that resides in a world renowned footballing city. 

Arsenal FC

In 4th

Belgian national team

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Back in their box having looked promising at a major tournament or two before coming up against a decent team with a semblance of tactics and cohesion and getting knocked out before sniffing a final.

Aston Villa

Back in the Premier League, finishing in mid-table for the 2nd year running. Probably with someone like Vincent Janssen leading the line.

BOLTON

31 minutes ago, Stan said:

Back in the Premier League, finishing in mid-table for the 2nd year running. Probably with someone like Vincent Janssen leading the line.

BOLTON

In the Championship, steady but avoiding relegation battles. Decent sized club that shouldn't be in League One.

BRIGHTON

AC Milan

After spending tons of money for the next four to five years, they'll eventually get it right in the manner most cash injected clubs do which is to buy their way back into power. They'll be sharing that power domestically though!

England national team

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

AC Milan

After spending tons of money for the next four to five years, they'll eventually get it right in the manner most cash injected clubs do which is to buy their way back into power. They'll be sharing that power domestically though!

England national team

5 years from now would be after the (Qatar) World Cup. England will be top of their qualification group after a dismal World Cup qualifying campaign in the summer just gone :D 

Man Utd

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

5 years from now would be after the (Qatar) World Cup. England will be top of their qualification group after a dismal World Cup qualifying campaign in the summer just gone :D 

Man Utd

This is a very interesting one with Manchester United because I'm pretty sure Mourinho expected to be a lot closer in the title race than he is after the humongous investment the club have made in players. If Manchester City win the title this year and United fail to make a serious mark on the Champions League, I would say that from here on in within the next five years United will be in disarray after having placed so much financial resources in Mourinho's plan.

Olympique Marseille

Midling French team. Could have one or two good seasons on the back overperforming players, will under sell domestic youth players (Mendy) and will look insularly towards mediocre French players like Cabella and Evra.

A tricky question but 'Barcelona B'? In the sense of prospects and promotions.

10 hours ago, Spike said:

Midling French team. Could have one or two good seasons on the back overperforming players, will under sell domestic youth players (Mendy) and will look insularly towards mediocre French players like Cabella and Evra.

A tricky question but 'Barcelona B'? In the sense of prospects and promotions.

'B' teams can't be promoted to La Liga (Spain's top division) if that's what you're asking mate. They're doing quite well considering most of them are kids playing against men in a division that is very different because it's not very Spanish La Liga 1|2|3... It's very physical and that's where young players' technical prowess becomes more acute for the future. Those that make it through there are ready for most things. Under Luís Enrique some years back before he took the AS Roma job he had a chance to win Spain's second division even though they wouldn't have been promoted. There are some very interesting young players making headlines this season for Barça 'B'

7 hours ago, Dan said:

AFC Fylde.

I had to Google that as I thought it was either a new sexually transmitted disease that was making the headlines or if indeed connected to football, then maybe a Scandinavian club?

They're in the Conference from what I understand and it's too early on a Saturday morning for me to read past that detail mate. :ph34r:

Go Ahead Eagles

Archived