talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Venom (2018) Tom Hardy Film

football forum

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270797/

Buzzing. Been wanting a Venom adaptation since the cartoon show Spiderman from the 90's. Bar none my Childhood Favorite villain.  

Credit to Marvel, they are making some magnificent films as of late as opposed to the shower of shite that is D.C. 

Perfect casting for the role as well, also heard Riz Ahmed is in it as well @Tsubasa

MV5BOTk3YmE4ZDEtOWU3Ny00NGJmLTg0ZjItNGZl

As opposed to this...

venomnotopher.jpeg?w=470&h=250

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Sony, so I remain reserved, even though it's difficult not to get hyped with that cast. Tom Hardy, Riz Ahmed and Michelle Williams (even though I hate what she has done to her face). 

Just now, Tsubasa said:

It's Sony, so I remain reserved, even though it's difficult not to get hyped with that cast. Tom Hardy, Riz Ahmed and Michelle Williams (even though I hate what she has done to her face). 

Personally hope they step aside with what they did with the Avengers, humorous action and fun. Although it works, I think with Venom, they need to capture a dark atmosphere, similar with the Dark Knight Franchise. 

• Subscriber
On 11/28/2017 at 8:54 PM, Cicero said:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270797/

Buzzing. Been wanting a Venom adaptation since the cartoon show Spiderman from the 90's. Bar none my Childhood Favorite villain.  

Credit to Marvel, they are making some magnificent films as of late as opposed to the shower of shite that is D.C. 

Perfect casting for the role as well, also heard Riz Ahmed is in it as well @Tsubasa

MV5BOTk3YmE4ZDEtOWU3Ny00NGJmLTg0ZjItNGZl

As opposed to this...

venomnotopher.jpeg?w=470&h=250

Heard that Riz was asked a few times whether he wanted to do Carnage and I am unsure that's going to work on screen but only time will tell and with Sony its all just hit and miss. Such a shame they control one of the better Marvel franchises.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Wasn't excited with the trailer but since its based on the Lethal Enforcer short series I am thinking the villains will all be CGI (since no one big was cast for them). As for Riz, disappointed he didn't get to do Carnage but it is what it is. Nice to see Michelle back on screen again.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Much like Man of Steel, it looks like they just completely went in the wrong direction. A direction no fan asked for. 

Would much rather see the symbiote slowly consume Brock's charcter emotionally and pshychologically. To a point where it completely changes his entire persona and character. The dialogue from the trailer also looks like they haven't put too much thought into it. 

Again, I wasn't too arsed with the Deadpool trailer as well. So I won't give up hope. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived