talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

The dogs: "Oh shit, here comes debo":ph34r:

I saw that video the other day as it was recommended to me. You know what youtube is like, once you watch one video about Crocodiles and alligators, you will then be recommended every video in relation to them on youtube xD

Amazing act of survival. Many of us humans underestimate the intelligence of animals, especially large mammals, birds and as we are discussing now, large reptiles. Speaking of them being reptiles, even though they are classified as such, they are actually more closely related to birds and dinosaurs than most reptiles.

• Subscriber

I have random thing to mention. I got free tickets to our local aquarium last year and we snuck in a visit to use them the day they expired. I havent been in years because its nearly 30, 35$ Can per person. The highlight for me was a large area with shallow pools full of Rays that you could touch. They where really strange, kind of slimy but no slime residue if that makes any sense xD Also they had an electric eel tank that they had a couple of metal rods submersed into that would light up a christmas tree off and on outside the tank. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The dogs: "Oh shit, here comes debo":ph34r:

I saw that video the other day as it was recommended to me. You know what youtube is like, once you watch one video about Crocodiles and alligators, you will then be recommended every video in relation to them on youtube xD

Amazing act of survival. Many of us humans underestimate the intelligence of animals, especially large mammals, birds and as we are discussing now, large reptiles. Speaking of them being reptiles, even though they are classified as such, they are actually more closely related to birds and dinosaurs than most reptiles.

Yes, both birds and crocodilians are archosaurs with a common ancestor, it's mad how nature and evolution works.

Talking about prehistoric crocodilians, I remember reading about a giant 10 meter one that even hunted fucking dinosaurs :o

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I have random thing to mention. I got free tickets to our local aquarium last year and we snuck in a visit to use them the day they expired. I havent been in years because its nearly 30, 35$ Can per person. The highlight for me was a large area with shallow pools full of Rays that you could touch. They where really strange, kind of slimy but no slime residue if that makes any sense xD Also they had an electric eel tank that they had a couple of metal rods submersed into that would light up a christmas tree off and on outside the tank. 

Hope you didn't touch the eels :ph34r:

Sounds interesting though, any pics?

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/12/2017 at 09:37, The Rebel CRS said:

I remember @El_Loco telling me a story about how he visited the Amazon Rainforest. It would be interesting to hear more. Also @Bravado, have you ever visited there mate? Since you're from Brazil and like to travel, I'd be surprised if you didn't.

I haven't though. :41_pensive: Too far away from where I used to live  (five hours by plane or so?).

Eastern Peru is all amazon too @The Rebel CRS. I plan to visit sometime or even move to Iquitos, if I ever do I'll give you a shout. Puerto Maldonado in particular I hear is very similar to a place like Rio Branco in Brazil.

Edited by Guest

When are we going @nudge? :o

3 hours ago, Bravado said:

I haven't though. :41_pensive: Too far away from where I used to live  (five hours by plane or so?).

Yet you'll travel for about 15 hours on a plane to go to shitty London? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Eastern Peru is all amazon too @The Rebel CRS. I plan to visit sometime or even move to Iquitos, if I ever do I'll give you a shout. Puerto Maldonado in particular I hear is very similar to a place like Rio Branco in Brazil.

Yeah the Amazon is huge mate and covers a fair few countries, although most of it is Brazil of course.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Yet you'll travel for about 15 hours on a plane to go to shitty London? :ph34r:

xDxDxDxDxD

To be fair I've never really been to London just to get the whole tourist experience; I used to go to England (which you might find shitty but it's brilliant in many ways) so I had no other choice. xD I like it a lot though. 

• 2 months later...

When I was loading up my mates car after a 2 day fishing trip last week, I noticed aload of sparrows on the floor in the car park and the next minute a magpie swooped down, grabbed one of the chicks and flew off. I pointed it out to my mate, who didn't see it, then as we looked into the tree the magpie was on the branch eating it.

You see this from hawks, buzzards, falcons, Eagles, etc but it's not what you expect from Magpies. I know they invade other bird's nests and steal chicks, etc. But actually swooping down and grabbing one isn't something you see every day. It's one of those moments where you wish you had captured it via camera as there probably isn't much(if any) footage out there of this occurring.

I saw this on news websites before.

"A spine tingling photo of a terrifying animal"

"A scene from jaws"

Are they for real? xD It's a Basking shark and they eat Plankton.

Speaking of animals. When I was fishing last week, I noticed a magpie swoop down and grab a baby sparrow before flying off towards a tree. I pointed it out to my mate as it happened, but he didn't see it, then as we looked into the tree to our left, the magpie was sat on the branch with the baby bird in its mouth. You don't see that everyday and especially not from magpies, even if they do often invade other bird's nests. It's what you expect from hawks and birds of prey in general, but not magpies. It's one of those moments where I wish I had been recording it on my phone.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I saw this on news websites before.

"A spine tingling photo of a terrifying animal"

"A scene from jaws"

Are they for real? xD It's a Basking shark and they eat Plankton.

Speaking of animals. When I was fishing last week, I noticed a magpie swoop down and grab a baby sparrow before flying off towards a tree. I pointed it out to my mate as it happened, but he didn't see it, then as we looked into the tree to our left, the magpie was sat on the branch with the baby bird in its mouth. You don't see that everyday and especially not from magpies, even if they do often invade other bird's nests. It's what you expect from hawks and birds of prey in general, but not magpies. It's one of those moments where I wish I had been recording it on my phone.

Never seen a Magpie do that before.... Our cat loves to sit on the shed roof at the bottom of our garden hoping to catch out the birds nesting up in the trees down there but she had a run in with a feisty Magpie the other week according to my missus and didn't know what to make of it by the sounds of it and did a runner by all accounts... xD

The best was a swan chasing a goose. I've never seen a goose swim so quickly to the bank, before then running with the swan continuing to chase it.

Both birds have always been fearless and you can't get rid of them if they are bothering you, given how they simply just hiss at you, so seeing them go toe to toe was interesting. I used to think Geese were "harder" than that though.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Administrator

went to Woburn Safari Park yesterday. Roasting hot so wasn't pleasant in the car when we had to shut our windows. Got some decent shots of the animals there though.

IMG_20180421_141208.jpg

IMG_20180421_142504.jpg

IMG_20180421_142514.jpg

IMG-20180421-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20180421-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20180421-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20180421-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20180421-WA0026.jpg

• Upvote 4