talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Is that one of the pictures that you took yourself? @nudge

No Chris, this wasn't taken by me, but it's from a sun and moon bear sanctuary in my local wildlife rescue center. Over 120 rescued sun and moon bears are being cared for here, among other animals. Some are just tiny cubs...

I'm sponsoring a clouded leopard and one of the community ranger stations monthly, they are doing a really great job rescuing animals and protecting the rainforest against poachers and illegal loggers ...  

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Like that idiot who thought it would be a good idea to get out of his car and try take a selfie with one then gets mauled to death.... 

What is that a bear??? looks like some genetic mix up with a Lion... nice picture though

It's a golden Moon bear, an extremely rare genetic colour phase, her name is Brandy :) She was rescued from a forested area which was due to be converted to a palm oil plantation some twenty years ago, and then was brought to the sanctuary.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

It's a golden Moon bear, an extremely rare genetic colour phase, her name is Brandy :) She was rescued from a forested area which was due to be converted to a palm oil plantation some twenty years ago, and then was brought to the sanctuary.

Well I have never seen or heard of one of them before.... Very striking colours.. Love that name.. Golden Moon Bear, sounds very mystical

1 hour ago, nudge said:

No Chris, this wasn't taken by me, but it's from a sun and moon bear sanctuary in my local wildlife rescue center. Over 120 rescued sun and moon bears are being cared for here, among other animals. Some are just tiny cubs...

I'm sponsoring a clouded leopard and one of the community ranger stations monthly, they are doing a really great job rescuing animals and protecting the rainforest against poachers and illegal loggers ...  

Good for you.... If I had never had the commitments I have I would have been happy to dump the daily grind and the money and go and do something wildlife related somewhere in the world... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well I have never seen or heard of one of them before.... Very striking colours.. Love that name.. Golden Moon Bear, sounds very mystical

Good for you.... If I had never had the commitments I have I would have been happy to dump the daily grind and the money and go and do something wildlife related somewhere in the world... 

I have never seen or heard of them before, either! 

Haha I really don't do much at all, just donate a few dollars monthly here and there, and take part in a nature photographer's club of sorts... Love having the options though, the nature here is so abundant and fascinating.

EDIT: you and Chris both should come and take a tour :D 

Edited by nudge
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nudge said:

I have never seen or heard of them before, either! 

Haha I really don't do much at all, just donate a few dollars monthly here and there, and take part in a nature photographer's club of sorts... Love having the options though, the nature here is so abundant and fascinating.

EDIT: you and Chris both should come and take a tour :D 

If only... 

On 03/08/2018 at 00:31, Storts said:

This is a really sad and scary news story. 

They are some of the most endearing and fascinating animals on the planet imo. Not much compares to the wonderful dancing agility of the Sifaka lemurs as they gracefully leap from thorn tree to thorn tree - it really is appalling to consider they might become extinct soon - and all due to our blindness and stupidity - the world is shouldn't be ours to destroy

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-45035560

While it's true that it's appalling and something needs to be done, we unfortunately can't do anything about it here in the UK other than discuss it on the internet.

We need to start focusing more on what happens our own backyard. Just look at this:-

That second Peregrine was stuck in the trap for 10 hours before it was killed.

Honestly, if I found out who that cunt in the video was, I would go around to their home personally and beat the living fuck out of them, in fact, I would be worried about my own freedom as murder would be more than possible if I got my hands on them. It angers me that much.

This goes on a lot over here and we need to start protecting our animals more, especially Birds of prey. We (unfortunately), can't do anything about lions and tigers while sat here in England, but we can do something about this as it's happening in our own backyard.

This incident here happened in Bowland, which actually isn't too far from me. I'd love to know the name and address of this cunt in the video or whoever else is associated with him as believe me I WOULD do something about it. The law in this country is a joke and you often need to take it into your own hands. I've heard another guy for a different incident actually went to court recently but got away with it due to lack of evidence. Well, it's simple, make their names and addresses public knowledge and justice will be served the proper way. Fuck fines, these cunts should get 20 years in jail for this.

Absolute scum, only rapists, kiddie fiddlers and serial killers are worse in my eyes.

Look, until recently, with the reintroducing, Red Kites were almost extinct in the UK, the Golden Eagle is no longer present in England  and the numbers of Goshawks are way too low, just like Marsh Harriers, Peregrines and other birds of prey and it's not because of natural purposes, but fucking poachers.

I would gladly join(or even form) some type of vigilante group who go out and track people like this down.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/07/2018 at 23:27, The Rebel CRS said:

This is why I think that most cat owners are cretins who should be put down.

Stoats(or is it @Storts:ph34r:) are amazing and serve a great purpose, they are an important part of the ecosystem and people are allowing their pet to kill them? Absolute cunts.

The comments on youtube praising it due to the fact that Stoats kill rabbits are also retards. A cat itself would kill a rabbit, the only difference is, a stoat kills a rabbit to feed its family, not for fun because it's a vermin flea ridden pest.

Cats are allowed to kill anything they want, but if a big angry Rottweiler was to rip a cat to shreds, it would be deemed dangerous and put down.

They kill everything. Stoats, songbirds, voles, etc. No wonder why you see a lot less songbirds these days entering gardens. People blame birds of prey and even crows and Magpies, but these are animals that have been living on the same planet as songbirds since before humans existed. It's domesticated cats that are creating the imbalance as every cunt has one these days and they just release them into the wild where they do what they want.

Speaking of Stoats, watch this:-

They are amazing.

How and where do i nominate this as the post of the year?

hwusQNK.jpg

I forgot to say, that I saw a dead dog in the tidal part of the river the other day while I was on my brew at work. It looks like a calf in the photo, but was definitely a dog. Looked like an American bulldog to me, or maybe even a Pitbull. I reported it to both the coppers and the Environment agency, but I'm not sure whether they got it out or not. I would have dragged it out myself but it would have meant walking over quick sand and fuck that.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

hwusQNK.jpg

I forgot to say, that I saw a dead dog in the tidal part of the river the other day while I was on my brew at work. It looks like a calf in the photo, but was definitely a dog. Looked like an American bulldog to me, or maybe even a Pitbull. I reported it to both the coppers and the Environment agency, but I'm not sure whether they got it out or not. I would have dragged it out myself but it would have meant walking over quick sand and fuck that.

Shame, someone somewhere has lost a pet and will be gutted or it's been a fighting dog and been dumped but I hope it's not the latter.. 

We have been getting a Squirrel in the garden in the early part of the morning, It's been around twice in the past month, not seen it myself which is unusual because I am normally the one out there in the early hours but it was here this morning robbing my lilly seed pods by all accounts.. We have loads of them over by the railway where there are a ton of trees but this trek is a bit far out for one of them, First time since we have moved here that they have ever been in the garden, It's that time of year for them to be gathering up food for the winter so they are probably out getting what they can... 

It was on the fence and then went onto the roof of the new play shed then down along the decking at the back of the garden then over the fence and away.. My daughter was worried that the cat might get it but having seen them move I would have thought it would be well too quick for the cat I would have thought...

Parrots are brilliant birds, I've always been a fan of them and even think they make the best pets(along with dogs), they have so much character and are very intelligent.

We actually have Ring necked parakeets living wild down South in England:-

There are also 2 Macaws which live up in Cumbria and have done so for years.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

@nudge, @Bluewolf In the river where I saw the dead dog the other week, there was a massive cow floating past the other day when we were all working on the top floor of the new apartments. All we need to see now is a human floating down there....

I wouldn't swim there if I were you, something's fishy about that river haha...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I wouldn't swim there if I were you, something's fishy about that river haha...

When I went down south recently, we went over Dartford bridge, looking over the River Thames. I bet that has some interesting things lurking in it with being near/in London haha.

Edited by The Rebel CRS