talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Azeem said:

We were tracking in those areas back in 2013 where we saw its foot print and thats the closest i will probably see it in the wild, So difficult to site this magnification predator that's why its called the ' Ghost '  

I know that is an animal killing another animal but that is a bloody awesome video, the way he tumbled down with his prey, again, awesome video. :congrats: 

I was on the river today on my dinner break and noticed a Duck(a weird species at that, it looked ornamental) go under water, it then came up with a fish in its mouth and as it did that, 2 massive herring gulls flew over to it, started attacking it and one of them stole its fish. I've never seen that before, so it was quite a sight to be honest. I always observe animal behaviour(especially birds since it's full of them everywhere you go) so I've seen alsorts, but never that. It was one of those moments where you wish you were filming, similar to when I saw a magpie pick up a chick as if it was a Hawk earlier this year!

That's something else I haven't seen either in fact, a duck going under water and coming back up with a fish. I've seen Grebes do it and Cormorants, but never ducks.

Herring gulls have got to be the most horrible bird out there for the record. They are absolute savages xD

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I was on the river today on my dinner break and noticed a Duck(a weird species at that, it looked ornamental) go under water, it then came up with a fish in its mouth and as it did that, 2 massive herring gulls flew over to it, started attacking it and one of them stole its fish. I've never seen that before, so it was quite a sight to be honest. I always observe animal behaviour(especially birds since it's full of them everywhere you go) so I've seen alsorts, but never that. It was one of those moments where you wish you were filming, similar to when I saw a magpie pick up a chick as if it was a Hawk earlier this year!

That's something else I haven't seen either in fact, a duck going under water and coming back up with a fish. I've seen Grebes do it and Cormorants, but never ducks.

Herring gulls have got to be the most horrible bird out there for the record. They are absolute savages xD

The funniest thing I ever saw was when I was in Australia around 1963, we had a black cat called Christmas and an Australian Gala called Pops (a Gala is a form of a parrot) he would always be screeching out as he hated flys, he had his wing clipped to stop him flying away but he was a lovely old parrot and we had him for years, we kept him in our dining room and he would happily pop in and out of his cage, sometimes just sit on top or climb down and walk around the floor.

One day I was sitting in the lounge on a hot summers day and I noticed it had all gone quiet and I could not hear Pops screeching, so I made my way into the dining room to see why it was all quiet and there was Christmas the black cat holding down this pigeon he had caught and there was Pops merrily away pulling all the feathers out of the pigeon, I sware to this day they were both in cahoots (Christmas & Pops) on having a pigeon for dinner, the poor pigeon was still alive and when I rescued it and released it outside it flew away completely bald on top and half of its body, and I sware this is the truth and I actually witnessed that!!

A Gala

ab0af94a441f4ee249b74e587e6433a2.jpg

Edited by CaaC - John

On 07/11/2018 at 19:08, The Rebel CRS said:

Imagine the amount of numbers you'd get if you were to walk through the town centre with one in your hands :ph34r:

True that... When I had to go and pick up Holly our old German Shepard pup many moons ago I had to carry her home, her head and paws were drooped over the back of my shoulders and I was getting stopped what seemed like every 10 minutes on the train back home.. The amount of times I had to say "no, fuck off mate I don't want your number"