talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Don't know, I will check with our daughter.

Yea, I'm pretty sure it is a Chinchilla. 

I always wanted to have one when I was a kid. But they are not an ideal pet for a kid. Very demanding pet in general. Also they usually sleep all day and are only active at night. A bit like @nudge:ph34r:

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I always wanted to have one when I was a kid. But they are not an ideal pet for a kid. Very demanding pet in general. Also they usually sleep all day and are only active at night.

The same as Pixie our daughter's Gecko, sleeps all day and the daughter has a special glass tank for her with an air cooling system as the enclosure has to have the right temperature circulating, Geckos are loners and like being by themselves.

a.png

128434079_10223056416374684_8779520401975732990_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Aye, the daughter said that was one of the baby ones and she is thinking of getting a couple eventually, I think I will call our daughter Mrs. Noah and hang a notice at her front door. xD

download.png

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The same as Pixie our daughter's Gecko, sleeps all day and the daughter has a special glass tank for her with an air cooling system as the enclosure has to have the right temperature circulating, Geckos are loners and like being by themselves.

I absolutely adore geckos. Wild house geckos are pretty much everywhere here, not as pets, but as freely moving wild animals in urban environments, so there are always several at the house/apartment/everywhere. Then after a while, you also get really tiny gecko babies :x What's interesting, that you can actually see noticeable differences in their characters/temperaments. Some are shy and hide whenever you approach them, some are very loud/territorial, and some actually kinda enjoy human company. We had three baby geckos in the bungalow a few years ago who would always climb on the table, then on your hand/computer mouse and then the monitor whenever you were working, and had absolutely no fear of humans. And then for some reason, there's always one which is not the brightest tool in the shed and extremely clumsy, and falls down from the ceiling after falling asleep once it gets startled by something xD I had a gecko fall on to my head or shoulder at least a dozen of times as a result xD 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, nudge said:

I absolutely adore geckos. Wild house geckos are pretty much everywhere here, not as pets, but as freely moving wild animals in urban environments, so there are always several at the house/apartment/everywhere. Then after a while, you also get really tiny gecko babies :x What's interesting, that you can actually see noticeable differences in their characters/temperaments. Some are shy and hide whenever you approach them, some are very loud/territorial, and some actually kinda enjoy human company. We had three baby geckos in the bungalow a few years ago who would always climb on the table, then on your hand/computer mouse and then the monitor whenever you were working, and had absolutely no fear of humans. And then for some reason, there's always one which is not the brightest tool in the shed and extremely clumsy, and falls down from the ceiling after falling asleep once it gets startled by something xD I had a gecko fall on to my head or shoulder at least a dozen of times as a result xD 

Denise has had Pixie since a baby but she is very friendly, she only comes out at night but will always play peek-a-boo with Denise when she wants out for a wee wander, she will go up to the glass staring or stick her head out of her little cubby hole in the container.

The cats are wary of her and that night I mentioned in some thread a while back Denise forgot to close Pixie's glass door and went to bed and Pixie got out for a wander, Denise woke up to like a shrieking noise in the lounge and Puddin had run into the bedroom meowing to Denise, all Dee could see was Pixie walking across the floor shrieking at the cats to stay away and they bloody did. xD

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

I always wanted to have one when I was a kid. But they are not an ideal pet for a kid. Very demanding pet in general. Also they usually sleep all day and are only active at night. A bit like @nudge:ph34r:

Do they drink their body weight in alcohol like @nudgeaswell? 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

@nudge :x  

Army of islanders to protect gecko the size of a paperclip

download.png

Dressed in camouflage and combats and with self-defence training under their belts, the Union Island wardens look prepped for battle.

They are in fact on a mission to protect one of the world's tiniest species - one so rare it exists in just 50 hectares (123 acres) in a remote corner of one of the smallest islands in the Caribbean.

The Union Island gecko is the size of a paperclip, critically endangered and facing an insidious enemy - poachers.

Following its official discovery in 2005, the unique creature quickly became a coveted curio by collectors enthralled by its gem-like markings, earning it the dubious distinction of the most trafficked reptile in the Eastern Caribbean.

FULL REPORT

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1