talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

On 14/12/2022 at 17:56, Tommy said:

Yea, I'm pretty sure it is a Chinchilla. 

I always wanted to have one when I was a kid. But they are not an ideal pet for a kid. Very demanding pet in general. Also they usually sleep all day and are only active at night. A bit like @nudge:ph34r:

I wanted a quokka for some reason, i heard they were really friendly so i thought 'why not ask for one'. Of course, I live in a desert so it wouldn't have worked out great, i got a dog insteadquokka eating GIF

On 28/12/2022 at 07:44, Bandito Burrito said:

I wanted a quokka for some reason, i heard they were really friendly so i thought 'why not ask for one'. Of course, I live in a desert so it wouldn't have worked out great, i got a dog insteadquokka eating GIF

Does look kind of cute in the gif.

You live in the desert?

I was under the impression you were from France, where are you actually from?

2 hours ago, Devil said:

Does look kind of cute in the gif.

You live in the desert?

I was under the impression you were from France, where are you actually from?

Yes its a bit complicated

my mom is Serbian and my Dad is Lebanese, Columbian, but has the French passport because he was a french citizen. I got the french passport and 2 years after my birth my mom got the french passport, so although my ethnicity is not french, my nationality is.

Anyway I live in Dubaï but dont get it wrong Im not from there

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, nudge said:

A trail camera in Australia allegedly spotted a creature that seems to resemble a Tasmanian tiger!

The Tasmanian tiger is extinct, but it may not stay that way

While the Tasmanian tiger has vanished from the planet, it is possible it may roam the earth once again.

Earlier this year, NPR reported the "de-extinction" company Colossal Biosciences announced plans to genetically resurrect the bizarre looking creature—which, despite its name, is not remotely related to a tiger.

The four-legged animal is actually a marsupial, in the same family as kangaroos, and looks like a mashup of several species. Picture a bare possum-like tail, the body of a wolf with stripes along the back, the pinched face of a fox, and a pouch on its belly. Voila: the Tasmanian tiger, also called the Tasmanian wolf.

Hunting in Australia and Tasmania was encouraged by the government for the protection of cattle and, unsurprisingly, led to the rapid demise of the species. But scientists in 2017 discovered that a lack of genetic diversity also caused its downfall.

A study published in the journal Nature found a steep decline in diversity began as long as 70,000 to 120,000 years ago.

If Colossal succeeds in bringing back the Tasmanian tiger, it will be an all-new species. The plan is to create a hybrid animal, using "CRISPR gene editing technology to splice bits of recovered thylacine DNA into the genome of a Dasyurid — a family of carnivorous marsupials such as the numbat and Tasmanian devil that are the extinct animal's closest relatives."

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/06/1140860262/the-long-lost-remains-of-the-last-known-tasmanian-tiger-have-been-found-in-a-cup

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I'd bring dinosaurs back personally, especially the T Rex and just release them in the countryside :ph34r:

Countryside? I'd release them at the seat of government xD 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...