talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Indeed! Wolves are fascinating... This one is massive, too! I have seen wolves in wilderness, but nothing compared to this big boy! 

Where did you see them? :o I've only ever seen them in a wildlife park.

It's a shame that they went extinct in Germany for a long time. But since 2000 they are slowly coming back, and I love reading about the news of sightings etc. Not everybody is happy about it though. But hey, they are just reclaiming what was once theirs. 😬

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Where did you see them? :o I've only ever seen them in a wildlife park.

It's a shame that they went extinct in Germany for a long time. But since 2000 they are slowly coming back, and I love reading about the news of sightings etc. Not everybody is happy about it though. But hey, they are just reclaiming what was once theirs. 😬

In the massive forests surrounding my grandma's homestead when I was a kid. They generally avoid people, but through all the years, I managed a few sightings, one we saw even had pups... Now all those forests are more or less gone, it's a shame.

And yes, it's the same in LT - people are pissed that wolves are attacking their livestock, but they conveniently forget that by destroying their natural habitat they've literally taken their home and their food away from them, so what choice do they have? Another thing that happens is falsely reporting higher number of wolf sightings so that the annual hunting quotas get increased. 

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

In the massive forests surrounding my grandma's homestead when I was a kid. They generally avoid people, but through all the years, I managed a few sightings, one we saw even had pups... Now all those forests are more or less gone, it's a shame.

And yes, it's the same in LT - people are pissed that wolves are attacking their livestock, but they conveniently forget that by destroying their natural habitat they've literally taken their home and their food away from them, so what choice do they have? Another thing that happens is falsely reporting higher number of wolf sightings so that the annual hunting quotas get increased. 

it-crowd-roy.gif

• Thanks 1