talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

When I went down south recently, we went over Dartford bridge, looking over the River Thames. I bet that has some interesting things lurking in it with being near/in London haha.

I generally avoid swimming in freshwater, especially in the rural areas of the tropics... nevermind the pollution, it's also ridden with potentially dangerous bacteria and worms and god knows what else xD 

Even the ocean is horribly polluted now. I saw sewage running freely into it numerous times in numerous countries, and even medical waste such as used syringes, needles, bandages washed out on the shore after the storm. It's so fucked up.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

I generally avoid swimming in freshwater, especially in the rural areas of the tropics... nevermind the pollution, it's also ridden with potentially dangerous bacteria and worms and god knows what else xD 

Even the ocean is horribly polluted now. I saw sewage running freely into it numerous times in numerous countries, and even medical waste such as used syringes, needles, bandages washed out on the shore after the storm. It's so fucked up.

The problem with Rivers as well is that they are very unpredictable with the currents and you could soon end up floating down it and not being able to escape. They are dangerous to be honest. I've never been a fan of swimming in the river, but there is a nice shallower section around 15 miles from here in the countryside and it's nice up there. You can almost catch trout with your hands and there is a bridge which everyone jumps off, although you won't catch me jumping off it. Fuck that xD.

The sea is getting worse to be honest, humans are dirty bastards man!

Edited by The Rebel CRS

On 27/09/2018 at 21:30, The Rebel CRS said:

Parrots are brilliant birds, I've always been a fan of them and even think they make the best pets(along with dogs), they have so much character and are very intelligent.

We actually have Ring necked parakeets living wild down South in England:-

There are also 2 Macaws which live up in Cumbria and have done so for years.

Like Crows/Ravens Parrots can live upto 100 years and also like them even if you pet one for a 100 years when it will get a chance to escape it will fly away and never look back.

I've had parrots and they prefer their freedom over everything. 

2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

@nudge, @Bluewolf In the river where I saw the dead dog the other week, there was a massive cow floating past the other day when we were all working on the top floor of the new apartments. All we need to see now is a human floating down there....

2 hours ago, nudge said:

I wouldn't swim there if I were you, something's fishy about that river haha...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The sea is getting worse to be honest, humans are dirty bastards man!

I was talking about this very subject with my other half earlier in the week and that new ship they have built that is out at sea scooping up the France sized floating plastic island... just crazy that no-one that is capable of doing something positive (ie: businesses/governments ) because they are more concerned about greed and making a profit... We will mess it all up, the land the sea and nature in general... hundreds of years of production and pollution are fucking things up...Really is a sad situation.. 

On the topic of swimming in rivers, when we were in our teens in the summer time we all used to go jumping off Kingston Bridge into the river, bit dangerous but the thrill always outweighed the risk back then... And did anyone else see the article about the beluga whale that was seen along the Thames this week??? 

Better than a carcass any day of the week... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-45693075

9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I was talking about this very subject with my other half earlier in the week and that new ship they have built that is out at sea scooping up the France sized floating plastic island... just crazy that no-one that is capable of doing something positive (ie: businesses/governments ) because they are more concerned about greed and making a profit... We will mess it all up, the land the sea and nature in general... hundreds of years of production and pollution are fucking things up...Really is a sad situation.. 

On the topic of swimming in rivers, when we were in our teens in the summer time we all used to go jumping off Kingston Bridge into the river, bit dangerous but the thrill always outweighed the risk back then... And did anyone else see the article about the beluga whale that was seen along the Thames this week??? 

To be honest, as an Angler, who keeps up to date with alot, I know that rivers in this country are largely actually cleaner than they have been for a long time and this could be a big reason why animals such as the Beluga whale are making trips down there. Also more seals being seen on rivers and also the obvious rise in Otters, which have also moved to local canals. Otters don't thrive in polluted waters, so this is a good sign.

As for the cow, I'm guessing a farmer has simply been dumping them in there. A cunt of a thing to do to be honest. Another theory could be that it had beef with another cow, who dumped it there....

Edited by The Rebel CRS

1 hour ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Like Crows/Ravens Parrots can live upto 100 years and also like them even if you pet one for a 100 years when it will get a chance to escape it will fly away and never look back.

I've had parrots and they prefer their freedom over everything. 

Not at all mate. People fly birds of prey all the time(and parrots in some countries) and they always come back. In fact, I saw a fella flying a Peregrine the other day on the way home from work(on the Lancaster football training ground in fact) and that wasn't flying away and not coming back.

It depends on how they are tamed for me. Birds can grow fantastic bonds with humans.

It's also got to be noted that a domesticated bird(even if very tame) that has never been outside would likely fly away as it was scared, didn't know where it was going or what to do.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's so weird, most people are obviously fascinated with nature and animals and get all excited watching them in wild (just like that example of Benny the beluga shows hehe), yet at the same time they also have no qualms about dumping their garbage and sewage and chemical toxic waste and plastic to ruin the environment. The whole thing with plastic basically just got out of hand and we're drowning in it as a result; but it's a problem that's not that easy to solve now whereas if you consider that millions of people are still living in developing world without running water or sanitation or waste management and businesses/governments still do nothing about it even if they easily could; just goes to show that nobody really gives a fuck  - about people OR nature, as long as it doesn't affect them directly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

It's so weird, most people are obviously fascinated with nature and animals and get all excited watching them in wild (just like that example of Benny the beluga shows hehe), yet at the same time they also have no qualms about dumping their garbage and sewage and chemical toxic waste and plastic to ruin the environment. The whole thing with plastic basically just got out of hand and we're drowning in it as a result; but it's a problem that's not that easy to solve now whereas if you consider that millions of people are still living in developing world without running water or sanitation or waste management and businesses/governments still do nothing about it even if they easily could; just goes to show that nobody really gives a fuck  - about people OR nature, as long as it doesn't affect them directly.

For a lot of people in positions of influence they only seem to care about the here and now and have little or no regard for tomorrow because they won't be around when it all goes tits up... It will all end in tears for all of us.. 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

For a lot of people in positions of influence they only seem to care about the here and now and have little or no regard for tomorrow because they won't be around when it all goes tits up... It will all end in tears for all of us.. 

Reminds me of the Stanford marshmallow experiment on self-control and delayed gratification... I think you saw it in the beginning of Missions; we also did a similar one when I was still in uni.... it's scary when you think that there's really no difference between children who can't control their impulses and grown ups who supposedly should be wise enough to think about long-term consequences of their actions. What's even scarier is that those people have a say in how the world is governed xD 

@nudge there is currently a Badger cull here in the UK. I couldn't disagree with it more. Yes they can spread TB to cattle but when apparently over 900 are killed with around only 40 to be contaminated with it, then it just doesn't seem fair. Surely there are better options?

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

@nudge there is currently a Badger cull here in the UK. I couldn't disagree with it more. Yes they can spread TB to cattle but when apparently over 900 are killed with around only 40 to be contaminated with it, then it just doesn't seem fair. Surely there are better options?

Not to mention that there's no scientific evidence on direct badger-to-cattle transmission to back it up...  Seems like a terrible idea in terms of the ecosystem too. But sure it's an easier solution than changing farming practices... 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Let's just hope they don't suddenly start growing in intelligence as they would take over the world. We would all be their bitches xD

They are so unpredictable though, they all have their own unique characters. I mean, if you came face to face with a tiger, they would all maul you, whereas you wouldn't know what you were getting with chimps. Some would try and kill you, while others would show compassion towards you. They are practically humans, just more primitive versions.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

On 21/10/2018 at 11:06, CaaC - John said:

Gorillas are amazing. I wouldn't feel threatened by one at all in those situations as, even though one would absolutely fuck you up if it took a disliking to you, they don't seem to really attack much unless threatened. If you stare at them, for example(as it says in the video about avoiding eye contact), it would likely aggravate them, although I wouldn't like someone staring at me either if I'm honest!

As for chimps, they seem much more unpredictable, so I wouldn't want to go near one of those bastards.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Gorillas are amazing. I wouldn't feel threatened by one at all in those situations as, even though one would absolutely fuck you up if it took a disliking to you, they don't seem to really attack much unless threatened. If you stare at them, for example(as it says in the video about avoiding eye contact), it would likely aggravate them, although I wouldn't like someone staring at me either if I'm honest!

As for chimps, they seem much more unpredictable, so I wouldn't want to go near one of those bastards.

I am an animal lover and it sounds like you are also, I think you would like these 2 video's below by the great Sir David Attenborough.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Shouldn't smile (show teeth) either, that's pretty much universal truth in animal kingdom, but even more so in (non-human) primates. It's weird how smile evolved from being a sign of aggression to a complete opposite friendly gesture in humans to be honest; and it's even more interesting how dogs adapted to understand humans and evolved areas of brain responsible for understanding human facial expressions and processing human emotions.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Panna King said:

There was a massive spider in my toilet earlier today.

QzFgu2E.jpg

I had to think quick then, seen the spider photo and the clips of Joachim Löw sticking his hand down his pants and thought that was a meaning or whatever lol. 

Back on topic, spiders don't bother me and I will pick them up in my hand, but the wife, no way, if I here her yelling "JOHN...QUICK!!" then I know she has to be rescued from a spider or another creepy crawly. 

14 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

I had to think quick then, seen the spider photo and the clips of Joachim Löw sticking his hand down his pants and thought that was a meaning or whatever lol. 

Back on topic, spiders don't bother me and I will pick them up in my hand, but the wife, no way, if I here her yelling "JOHN...QUICK!!" then I know she has to be rescued from a spider or another creepy crawly. 

@sirbalon would come and get my spider in his brand new shoes.    

• Subscriber
On 26/10/2018 at 17:35, Panna King said:

@sirbalon would come and get my spider in his brand new shoes.    

Saying that when I was working I would walk into the lounge from work and find one of my shoes or slippers lying on the floor and I would say to myself "I bet there is a spider under that?", sure enough, lift the shoe/slipper and see a squashed spider.

Edited by CaaC - John