talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It looks like a nice place mate, you should have gotten out of the car and gone for a walk around.

was tempting. Wanted to get closer to the rhinos!!

7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Image result for giraffe breaks car window gif

I'm not sure why you'd close the window on a girafe's head. What a bunch of clowns. There was genuinely nothing to be afraid of there xD. The poor bugger, it likely had glass stuck in its head after that.

As for the lion one, was that one taken on regular street? It looked that way. What was the story behind that one?

Just now, Stan said:

was tempting. Wanted to get closer to the rhinos!!

Poacher!

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I'm not sure why you'd close the window on a girafe's head. What a bunch of clowns. There was genuinely nothing to be afraid of there xD. The poor bugger, it likely had glass stuck in its head after that.

As for the lion one, was that one taken on regular street? It looked that way. What was the story behind that one?

Poacher!

It was actually at the Beijing Safari Park... The Mother and daughter had a row and the daughter got out of the car only to be attacked by a Siberian Tiger and dragged off, Her Mother tried to rescue her only to be mauled to death by a second Tiger while the daughter has been left disabled a result.. It happened in 2016

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Poacher!

It happened in China, Beijing's Badaling Wildlife World, and it's actually not a lion but a Siberian tiger! The woman survived the attack, but her mother was mauled to death by other tigers while trying to help her daughter from being dragged away. The stupid c*nt even sued the park afterwards, despite it all being her fault for leaving the car in the first place... Some people, seriously...

EDIT: Bluewolf beat me to it!

Edited by nudge

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Poacher!

i know you're joking but I'd happily stand in front of a rhino to protect it if it meant it wasn't shot/killed by any poaching cunt. 

• Subscriber

As for poaching, have you heard about the suggestion of rhino-robots that would mimic rhinos so that herd would accept it, and it would then monitor them from the inside and alert patrols about poachers.

Fighting-Poachers-With-Robotic-Rhinos-2-

the-newest-antipoaching-technology-robot

Far-fetched idea, but it looks badass!

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

that looks pretty amazing, and a good use of technology if it leads to protection of endangered species (I guess they could replicate for other animals that get poached, won't be long anyway if not).

Suppose it's also just a more advanced, less subtle way of the chips/trackers they use on animals at the moment. 

• Subscriber

Probably not financially viable at this point, and there would be issues of the herd accepting a "robot rhino" on top of that...  If it happened though, just imagine the video footage we could get from its cameras :o Super cool. 

13 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Never seen a Magpie do that before.... Our cat loves to sit on the shed roof at the bottom of our garden hoping to catch out the birds nesting up in the trees down there but she had a run in with a feisty Magpie the other week according to my missus and didn't know what to make of it by the sounds of it and did a runner by all accounts... xD

You wouldn't believe it when looking, but this is the face of a magpie killer.

EDIT: It uploads sideways for some reason.

20171013_203059.jpg

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, nudge said:

It happened in China, Beijing's Badaling Wildlife World, and it's actually not a lion but a Siberian tiger! The woman survived the attack, but her mother was mauled to death by other tigers while trying to help her daughter from being dragged away. The stupid c*nt even sued the park afterwards, despite it all being her fault for leaving the car in the first place... Some people, seriously...

EDIT: Bluewolf beat me to it!

True that... They found the Park was not at fault for what happened and rightly so... although I did read that signs were put up after the incident to advise people not to leave their cars which I found a bit odd... Thought they might have been a bog standard requirement, even so, the sheer stupidity of the moment turned out to be very costly indeed... 

15 hours ago, nudge said:

As for poaching, have you heard about the suggestion of rhino-robots that would mimic rhinos so that herd would accept it, and it would then monitor them from the inside and alert patrols about poachers.

That looks cool... Stick a couple of guns on it and them poachers won't know what hit them... if only!! 

5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

You wouldn't believe it when looking, but this is the face of a magpie killer.

EDIT: It uploads sideways for some reason.

20171013_203059.jpg

Always the ones you least suspect.... 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, nudge said:

I don't know how it will adjust in the herd during mating season :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 23/04/2018 at 11:01, Bluewolf said:

True that... They found the Park was not at fault for what happened and rightly so... although I did read that signs were put up after the incident to advise people not to leave their cars which I found a bit odd... Thought they might have been a bog standard requirement, even so, the sheer stupidity of the moment turned out to be very costly indeed... 

That looks cool... Stick a couple of guns on it and them poachers won't know what hit them... if only!! 

Always the ones you least suspect.... 

Or maybe they could have the robotic rhinos actually charge at poachers and make sure they run at speeds that poachers could never reach so that they are caught and impaled every time?

Or we could set a pack of these beasts on the poachers:-

They would have no chance.

• Haha 2

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:27, nudge said:

Program these things to go after poachers and you've got yourself a really badass rhino protector robot.

Pretty sad about how there's only 2 Northern White Rhinos left in the world. And they're both females. The zoo here has some of Northern White Rhino sperm frozen though, and they're going to take female Northern White Rhino eggs and artificially inseminate one inside a Southern White Rhino at the SD Safari Park to try to save the species from extinction. That's pretty cool, although it's a travesty they're so close to being wiped out in the first place.

On 4/24/2018 at 18:48, The Rebel CRS said:

Or maybe they could have the robotic rhinos actually charge at poachers and make sure they run at speeds that poachers could never reach so that they are caught and impaled every time?

Or we could set a pack of these beasts on the poachers:-

They would have no chance.

Defo some feathers getting ruffled there.... 

I found out something interesting about bees a couple of weeks ago which surprised me... 

When we were still in that colder weather I found a large bumble bee that seemed stuck in one of our early blooming flowers at the back of the garden and hoping it would just take off at some point still found it in the same spot at around 7pm.. As the evening was still getting a bit cold I thought he would probably die overnight so got a plastic curry dish and lid out and brought it into the house and put him under the boiler in the kitchen. I put a little bud cap in there with some sugar and water and left him overnight as he seemed very sluggish.. The next morning my daughter said that it had been buzzing around in there most of the morning so I checked on it and left the lid open a bit to see if it would fly off... 

About an hour later my missus said it had died... I come down to find it had somehow got straight into the sink of greasy water and was all bunched up in a little ball and did look dead and buried.. I was a bit pissed off that I had done my best to try and save him only for that to happen so put it back in the container and thought I would get rid of it later but forgot and left it overnight.. In the morning when I came down it was on it's back with it's legs spread out which I thought was weird so gave it a little nudge and it started buzzing... did make me jump to be honest.. xD In my defence it was a big one... Well in the afternoon I took it down the back of the garden that was in full sun and after about 5 minutes of grooming itself it climbed out on the arm of the chair and then flew off over the fence... 

I suppose they must go into shock or something but can still recover under certain circumstances... needless to say I was pleased it survived.. had a few buzzing round the house when the sun was out last week and they all seem really big this year.. 

Edited by Bluewolf

I've saved bees a few times when they are drowning when I'm fishing. I just scoop them out with the net and put them on the side of the bank. They sit there breathing heavily(you can see their little lungs moving) for a while before flying off.

Wasps can stay in the water to die though. Horrible things.

Not all bees of course(as I wouldn't want to come across Africanised bees!) are pretty dormant and don't really bother you, unlike wasps, which sting you just for laughs and giggles.

"never turn your back on a tiger"....Well I wouldn't want to have my front facing one either, as they don't give a fuck if you are looking at them or not

On 4/26/2018 at 19:40, The Rebel CRS said:

I've saved bees a few times when they are drowning when I'm fishing. I just scoop them out with the net and put them on the side of the bank. They sit there breathing heavily(you can see their little lungs moving) for a while before flying off.

Wasps can stay in the water to die though. Horrible things.

Not all bees of course(as I wouldn't want to come across Africanised bees!) are pretty dormant and don't really bother you, unlike wasps, which sting you just for laughs and giggles.

"never turn your back on a tiger"....Well I wouldn't want to have my front facing one either, as they don't give a fuck if you are looking at them or not

Look at the leaping power on that!!! I tend to have a healthy respect for anything dangerous.... 

On 28/04/2018 at 19:51, Bluewolf said:

Look at the leaping power on that!!! I tend to have a healthy respect for anything dangerous.... 

They are amazing, just look at it when it leaps. They look more beautiful when they are in aggressive mode.

@nudge Then you have these evil looking little bastards:-

• Upvote 1