talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It's as if they have super powers, like something from X-Men. @nudge, @Stan, @Bluewolf

The way it takes down those Pelicans, which are far larger than it, is incredible. It then has the eye sight and vision to see a snake(which was pretty much camouflaged to the cliff) and take care of that as well.

looks like it plucked the eyes out of the pelican on 2m30s :o 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It's as if they have super powers, like some form of X-Man. @nudge, @Stan, @Bluewolf

The way it takes down those Pelicans, which are far larger than it, is incredible. It then has the eye sight and vision to see a snake(which was pretty much camouflaged to the cliff) and take care of that as well.

Relatively small, but so fast and intelligent... 

On the topic of birds, I saw a Great Hornbill in the mountains a few days ago, sadly I didn't have my camera with me. What an incredible and unique bird that is! The sound it  makes is very weird too, sounds like someone's trying to rev and old bike up xD 

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing you haven't moved back to Lithuania recently then? ;)

I bet you see all types of animals where you are at. The only downside are the insects xD

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

looks like it plucked the eyes out of the pelican on 2m30s :o 

If there is such thing as being "gangsta", that was it.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I'm guessing you haven't moved back to Lithuania recently then? ;)

I bet you see all types of animals where you are at. The only downside are the insects xD

Nah, but I'm moving to a small town in the countryside right next to the national park, the jungle and the mountains, and my new place is a few hundred meters from it all :D So I've been seeing a lot of wildlife there already that I haven't seen before! Insects here can be so weird, although none are really dangerous...other than the mozzies and centipedes which are very nasty, but I have found a perfect repellent for it, haven't even had a single bite when I'm using it, haha. The snakes are plenty, too, including highly venomous cobras, kraits and vipers (I think we have over twenty kinds of venomous snakes here!), so while I'm fascinated by them in general, I'll definitely need to take some precautions when outside after dark...I've seen a King Cobra once on a short trek in the national park two years ago. There are quite a lot of scorpions as well, very painful stings, but none of the seriously dangerous ones... Ants can be very annoying and the bites of certain ones are very painful, but not really dangerous, either, and it's good to have a few geckos and spiders at home to take care of them xD The best thing though is all kind of birds, exotic plants, lizards, beautiful butterflies, and even gibbons (although a rare sight these days) which are incredibly lovely! I hope I'll be able to post a few pics up some time in the future :) 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It's as if they have super powers, like something from X-Men. @nudge, @Stan, @Bluewolf

Amazing stuff... The fact it knows no fear either when attacking larger birds and the way it tucks it's wings in to gain maximum speed, what I wouldn't give for that kind of speed and eyesight.. 

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Nah, but I'm moving to a small town in the countryside right next to the national park, the jungle and the mountains, and my new place is a few hundred meters from it all :D So I've been seeing a lot of wildlife there already that I haven't seen before! Insects here can be so weird, although none are really dangerous...other than the mozzies and centipedes which are very nasty, but I have found a perfect repellent for it, haven't even had a single bite when I'm using it, haha. The snakes are plenty, too, including highly venomous cobras, kraits and vipers (I think we have over twenty kinds of venomous snakes here!), so while I'm fascinated by them in general, I'll definitely need to take some precautions when outside after dark...I've seen a King Cobra once on a short trek in the national park two years ago. There are quite a lot of scorpions as well, very painful stings, but none of the seriously dangerous ones... Ants can be very annoying and the bites of certain ones are very painful, but not really dangerous, either, and it's good to have a few geckos and spiders at home to take care of them xD The best thing though is all kind of birds, exotic plants, lizards, beautiful butterflies, and even gibbons (although a rare sight these days) which are incredibly lovely! I hope I'll be able to post a few pics up some time in the future :) 

I've always been fond of snakes and especially cobras, but they are one of the animals I would least like to encounter in the wild, then again, there is those hippos in Stan's video above as well. You would have no chance xD. I've seen scorpions in Tunisia and also massive ants which had definitely been on some form of anabolic steroid...You're lucky to be out there as the amount of wild life must be endless, as opposed to here in England where it is quite limited, apart from the bird life as there are 1,000s of species of different birds and many are in large numbers. You will have to try and get some photos of your adventures for us Inga.

I bet there are some huge fish over there as well, both salt and fresh water since it's in South East asia, it's a shame you don't like fishing as you could have taken advantage of that :banana:

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Amazing stuff... The fact it knows no fear either when attacking larger birds and the way it tucks it's wings in to gain maximum speed, what I wouldn't give for that kind of speed and eyesight.. 

I like how the Pelicans start trying to fly away when it comes to them as well. To see such a large bird in fear of one such smaller than them just shows what a great hunter the Peregrine is. Then again, I don't think many birds would handle them in the air when you consider how quick they are and their eye sight.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've always been fond of snakes and especially cobras, but they are one of the animals I would least like to encounter in the wild, then again, there is those hippos in Stan's video above as well. You would have no chance xD. I've seen scorpions in Tunisia and also massive ants which had definitely been on some form of anabolic steroid...You're lucky to be out there as the amount of wild life must be endless, as opposed to here in England where it is quite limited, apart from the bird life as there are 1,000s of species of different birds and many are in large numbers. You will have to try and get some photos of your adventures for us Inga.

I bet there are some huge fish over there as well, both salt and fresh water since it's in South East asia, it's a shame you don't like fishing as you could have taken advantage of that :banana:

I like how the Pelicans start trying to fly away when it comes to them as well. To see such a large bird in fear of one such smaller than them just shows what a great hunter the Peregrine is. Then again, I don't think many birds would handle them in the air when you consider how quick they are and their eye sight.

Like a Spitfire taking on 4 bombers.. xD

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I love Peregrine Falcons. Such a majestic noble creature. Maybe my favourite animal of them all.

For some reason that video reminds me of Airwolf lol.

https://www.google.com/search?q=peregrine+falcon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi59t_cqKnbAhW8IjQIHXXbBGgQ_AUICigB&biw=1024&bih=502

Edited by Philippe Coutinho
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Fishing is not my thing, but I find it very interesting to see how the locals do it here. Hardly anyone (except children and tourists on fishing tours) uses fishing rods, the most common way for the local is various nets and bamboo traps. Then there's also mud fishing in rice fields and deep hole fishing, mostly for catching catfish and snakeheads.

On 29/05/2018 at 09:32, nudge said:

Fishing is not my thing, but I find it very interesting to see how the locals do it here. Hardly anyone (except children and tourists on fishing tours) uses fishing rods, the most common way for the local is various nets and bamboo traps. Then there's also mud fishing in rice fields and deep hole fishing, mostly for catching catfish and snakeheads.

Yeah, it'll be more about a food source for them, whereas the tourists will head there for the sport. It's very similar to Thailand, which is a very popular destination for European anglers, while the locals will mainly fish with the methods you speak of.

I only really do night fishing sessions now and go for either 24 hours or 48 hours at a time(it'll be 5 full days in August when I go down south) and stay in a bivvy(which is like a tent), it's the only really way to do it if you want to catch the really big fish as they become wise once they reach a certain age and they can live for a long time. Some of the fish in the lakes I go on are older than me and have been there since 1982.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 07:14, The Rebel CRS said:

That's my favourite non-feline animal for sure. Has been since I was a kid.

57 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's my favourite non-feline animal for sure. Has been since I was a kid.

They've always been my favourite animal since a kid as well. I've always wanted one and would do if I was to own a lot of land.

As for Felines, it's got to be Jaguars and Cheetahs.

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

They've always been my favourite animal since a kid as well. I've always wanted one and would do if I was to own a lot of land.

As for Felines, it's got to be Jaguars and Cheetahs.

Tigers for me. Like this 20 year old majestic one:

But to be honest, I think all big cats are pretty fantastic.

Little ones too :) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I'm officially in love. Found a local rescue center that's home for clouded leopards (among other animals), going to book a tour for next month...

THAT IS SO COOL!

I just googled to see if there was anything like that around me because of your post and... https://lionstigersandbears.org/

So thank you :) going to have to take a trip out there at some point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tigers for me. Like this 20 year old majestic one:

But to be honest, I think all big cats are pretty fantastic.

Little ones too :) 

I'm not really a fan of pet cats. I don't hate them, but they aren't for me and I'm more into dogs when it comes to having either as a pet.

Which is very different to wild animals, where I'm not a fan of wild dogs at all, but love wild cats, especially big ones, although smaller ones such as the clouded Leopard are amazing as well.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

THAT IS SO COOL!

I just googled to see if there was anything like that around me because of your post and... https://lionstigersandbears.org/

So thank you :) going to have to take a trip out there at some point.

That sanctuary looks great, this is the one I'm going to: https://www.wildlifealliance.org/wildlife-phnom-tamao/ The conditions there are definitely not ideal, as they are lacking in infrastructure and financial support, but at least it's something... I see they also have a sponsorship schemes where you can "pick" an animal to sponsor continuously and they send you updates, photos and stuff haha, it's a gimmick to attract donors for sure, but a good idea nevertheless. I mean, here I am, considering it already xD 

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It's funny you posted that as I was just about to post this:-

Amazing.

So beautiful, I actually only learned about this particular species a few days back as I was searching for wildlife sanctuaries and rescue centers nearby, and came across the one I just described above... They are apparently the oldest of all existing cat species!

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I'm not really a fan of pet cats. I don't hate them, but they aren't for me and I'm more into dogs when it comes to having either as a pet.

Which is very different to wild animals, where I'm not a fan of wild dogs at all, but love wild cats, especially big ones, although smaller ones such as the clouded Leopard are amazing as well.

This is 100% me, haha! I love dogs, nothing comes close to it as a pet. But when it comes to wild animals, felines are absolutely incredible. So elegant, intelligent and dangerous.

8 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

When I was a kid we had 2 dogs (RIP) and I couldn't imagine ever liking a dog more than a cat. When I moved in with my fiancé, she had a cat... and that cute little fucker is probably the best pet I've ever had. He's just a hilarious little bastard and even though people say that cats are evil and hate us... he's so affectionate and cuddly I can't help but love the shit out of him. And my friend was fostering kittens (I don't know how people do that, taking care of kittens when they're at their cutest before giving them up to a shelter to find new homes) and one of them was obsessed with me for some reason... so when she was taken back to the shelter yesterday, I was at the shelter ready to take her home lol.

So I'm good with dogs or cats, I think they're both capable of being fucking fantastic pets. No real preference between them as domestic animals.

There's a lot of cool looking wolves species, so not all wild dogs are to be dismissed. Grey wolves seem pretty fucking cool to me.

8529661271_7a33cff53e_b.jpg

But yeah, I think wild cats are generally cooler.

22 hours ago, nudge said:

This is 100% me, haha! I love dogs, nothing comes close to it as a pet. But when it comes to wild animals, felines are absolutely incredible. So elegant, intelligent and dangerous.

Birds make great pets themselves, although I hate it when people buy them and keep them in cages without ever opening the cage or giving them attention. The cage door should be open at all times, as they aren't stupid and will go in and out of their cage when they need to(just don't leave the window open xD) as it's harsh keeping them in cages allday. They are very sociable animals as well so you need to give them plenty of time or it's cruel.

Birds, just like dogs and cats, are also very intelligent, they "know their name" when called and can be great companions in the house, even if they are annoying little bastards xD.

As for Clouded Leopards, it was only around a month ago when I discovered them myself on youtube when searching for videos of other cats and came across them. Fascinating animals. Unfortunately, just like all fascinating cats, they are killed for fur due to ignorance.

22 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

When I was a kid we had 2 dogs (RIP) and I couldn't imagine ever liking a dog more than a cat. When I moved in with my fiancé, she had a cat... and that cute little fucker is probably the best pet I've ever had. He's just a hilarious little bastard and even though people say that cats are evil and hate us... he's so affectionate and cuddly I can't help but love the shit out of him. And my friend was fostering kittens (I don't know how people do that, taking care of kittens when they're at their cutest before giving them up to a shelter to find new homes) and one of them was obsessed with me for some reason... so when she was taken back to the shelter yesterday, I was at the shelter ready to take her home lol.

So I'm good with dogs or cats, I think they're both capable of being fucking fantastic pets. No real preference between them as domestic animals.

There's a lot of cool looking wolves species, so not all wild dogs are to be dismissed. Grey wolves seem pretty fucking cool to me.

8529661271_7a33cff53e_b.jpg

But yeah, I think wild cats are generally cooler.

Yeah wolves are amazing

Cats are fine until they decide to scratch you, it fucking hurts.

Wolves are brilliant but i'm not keen on other wild dogs. I think they are horrible little bastards, although still, I do believe they need to be protected more than they are. Vultures and wild dogs are killed more than any other animal probably, but because they don't have fancy coats, tusks or they aren't fluffy and "cute", people don't seem to prioritise saving them as much as other animals.

I know I've gone off topic now, but in Southern Africa, vultures are killed for their hearts and brains, something to do with voodoo and black magic and it's actually sickening to be honest. Scavengers are very important to the planet just like predators are.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

Oh yeah the whole killing off species where there aren't very many left because of superstitious bullshit practices is very irritating. Scavengers are hugely important to the planet - a vulture is essentially mother nature's binman.

• Administrator

apologies if anyone has seen these before but all this feline talk makes me think of my time back in South Africa and I'll take any excuse to post these :x 

Mixture of baby lions, black leopards (rare), baby white tigers, young cheetahs in Lanseria and lions just after mating in Kruger Park

IMAG0886.jpg

IMAG0897.jpg

IMAG0901.jpg

IMAG0902.jpg

IMAG0910.jpg

IMAG0920.jpg

IMAG0933~01.jpg

IMAG0937.jpg

IMAG0952.jpg

IMAG1089.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2