talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

Wtf is happening today. I put a bet on Wellington to finish bottom before the season started. All season, all season they've been pretty much anchored to the bottom, until the last game. Fuck sake.

Also, I am glad I didn't attend our game tonight so far. Disgusting, down 2-1 at half time. 

Said this on Twitter but with Aussie internationals, an ex Poland international, a Brazilian who was class in Turkey, a player who had his run on Dynamo Kyiv, Sydney need to be doing better than they did. I get the South Koreans and Japanese have more low-key players that play good football, but still with that profile you're not doing yourselves any favours by going out in the groups.

13 hours ago, Blue said:

Said this on Twitter but with Aussie internationals, an ex Poland international, a Brazilian who was class in Turkey, a player who had his run on Dynamo Kyiv, Sydney need to be doing better than they did. I get the South Koreans and Japanese have more low-key players that play good football, but still with that profile you're not doing yourselves any favours by going out in the groups.

Agreed completely! 

Semi finals start today, with the less appealing game first. Jets v City. I really don't know which way this one will go. On paper City every day of the week but Merrick has the Jets playing very well as a team/squad. If I had to stick my neck out I would say City to edge it due to experience...

Edited by Toinho

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Blue said:

Should be a good one this. McGree, Fornaroli, Arzani and Petratos should all be fun to watch. I see Ronald Vargas is also back!

he's been back for about a month :) 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

been an even game so far. Fornaroli just put City ahead, albeit fortunately as it trickled in. 

Definitely an own goal. Topor-Stanley got a clear touch to it.

Lots of goals this one I feel. Melbourne's zonal defending has been awful so far.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Even? Not sure 

Jets perhaps shading it but neither team had tested the other's goal-keeper. It was scrappy in the first few minutes with some tough challenges going in. 

Can I just mention how much of an average commentator Brenton Speed is? No emotion whatsoever. The only time he yells or gets excited is when a goal is scored. I'm not even comparing him to Spanish commentators either, I'm comparing him to the likes of Martin Tyler or even the guys on FS1, who are also awful.