talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Central Coast win their first game of the season :o

I called it... not that they would win, but rather that it would take them this long. Focused too much on signing a non-footballer and this was the predictable result.

• Administrator
On 31/08/2018 at 19:22, Blue said:

Fantastic xD

Like I said, CCM are finishing bottom this year. Guaranteed.

33 minutes ago, Blue said:

I called it... not that they would win, but rather that it would take them this long. Focused too much on signing a non-footballer and this was the predictable result.

Yup, certainly called it. 

I wouldn't put it all down to Bolt potentially signing or not as they just have a weak squad as it is. They went OTT for the 'marquee' signing when they could have potentially paid for other transfers to bolster the squad. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yup, certainly called it. 

I wouldn't put it all down to Bolt potentially signing or not as they just have a weak squad as it is. They went OTT for the 'marquee' signing when they could have potentially paid for other transfers to bolster the squad. 

Losing Da Silva and Liam Rose certainly didn't help (even if the latter wasn't a guaranteed starter)

• Subscriber

I hope I have posted this in the right place?

Osama Malik leaves Melbourne City in overseas switch

Hyundai A-League veteran Osama Malik has left Melbourne City and completed a transfer to an unnamed Middle Eastern club for an undisclosed fee.

City confirmed the 28-year-old's departure in a statement on Thursday.

Malik's exit brings an end to a three-year stay at the club he joined from Adelaide United.

The versatile defender-midfielder had joined the Reds for a second time 2011 and heads overseas having made 175 appearances in the competition.

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/osama-malik-leaves-melbourne-city-overseas-switch

9 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Ladies and gentlemen. Every A league player who isn't a has been marquee. 

Was Mooy a marquee when he got like 24 assists or something mad?

I agree the A-league isn’t an amazing standard but I’d still argue there’s a few decent players around who aren’t marquees. (Davidson, Ikonomidis, O’Neill, Kilkenny, Kosta, Krishna)

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

Was Mooy a marquee when he got like 24 assists or something mad?

I agree the A-league isn’t an amazing standard but I’d still argue there’s a few decent players around who aren’t marquees. (Davidson, Ikonomidis, O’Neill, Kilkenny, Kosta, Krishna)

Krishna surely is the best player Oceania has ever had (excluding New Zealand). Sure Tahiti and New Caledonia has had a few players of pedigree and that have played in France, but from my recollection none of them ever had consistent season after season in those leagues. A-League isn't a great standard but Krishna has gotten a ton of games for Wellington and scored a lot of goals, season after season. Not to mention he has done well for Fiji whenever I've seen him for them. Mostly in the Olympics of 2016.

• Administrator

Western Sydney are shite xD

So many times this season they've lost a lead and not won the game or held on to 3 points. 

Two goals conceded in stoppage time meaning they drew with Brisbane this morning. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Saw most of the Victory v Sydney game. Decent quality. That Toivonen is a right pain in the ass. Some free kick though! 

Yeah after first 10-15mins of sussing each other out, the game opened up a bit and the free-kick was superb.

When he and Honda were playing they were pretty much unstoppable.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

And winning already. Kilkenny magic to Castro and then to Keogh. 1-0. I choose the best games to miss 😅

If you want Perth to win games you shouldn't go mate.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

If you want Perth to win games you shouldn't go mate.

Went to the Sydney defeat and the Adelaide draw. So good. It’s okay I can’t attend many of our last games anyway as when work goes back I am too far away! 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Fornaroli to glory next season is the rumour... also wtf WSW lost 5-1 at home to the Jets?!?!?

WSW are shite though. 

They've not won in ages and have now conceded 2 or more goals in the last 5 games. Jets have been much better this season but just not had the points and results to show for it. 

• Administrator

Once again Central Coast can't hold on to a lead! 

Doesn't help Perth that CCM have let Victory back in to the game. Would have been a bit of breathing space had they continued to lead. Just means Perth have to be a bit more to focused later on against Wellington. 

• Administrator

Standard for Central Coast. They now lose but I'm not complaining as I had a couple of in-play bets at half-time when it was 2-0:

Over 3.5 goals, 13+ corners and 45+ booking points @ 9/2

Kosta Barbarouses to score any time @ 9/4

Only a couple of quid on each but a win nevertheless.