talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
12 hours ago, Toinho said:

Any predictions for the season ahead? Victory and Sydney will be up there again. Losing Davidson and Lowry is massive for us. We seemed to have lost every pre season game...

God of football joined WSW, Meier.

Haven't really kept up with transfers over the season but just checked Wiki for who may have moved there - Jets signing Hoolahan is decent business. 

Meier will be decent even though he's ancient. Is Riera still at WSW?

Baumjohann going to Sydney FC will be quality - he'll be used better there. WSW always seemed quite laboured in their attacks and he would often be misplayed or be asked to do too much. Can see him getting several assists for Sydney. Good replacement for Brosque. Baumjohann/Ninkovic supplying Le Fondre/Barbarouses could be lethal. I'd tip them to win the league because of that (obvious choice I know).

How do you think the new side Western United will do? They seemed to have snapped up some players that did well for other sides - Aspro, Pain, Calver, Durante, Hamill, Risdon. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Haven't really kept up with transfers over the season but just checked Wiki for who may have moved there - Jets signing Newcastle is decent business. 

Baumjohann going to Sydney FC will be quality - he'll be used better there. WSW always seemed quite laboured in their attacks and he would often be misplayed or be asked to do too much. Can see him getting several assists for Sydney. Good replacement for Brosque. Baumjohann/Ninkovic supplying Le Fondre/Barbarouses could be lethal. I'd tip them to win the league because of that (obvious choice I know).

How do you think the new side Western United will do? They seemed to have snapped up some players that did well for other sides - Aspro, Pain, Calver, Durante, Hamill, Risdon. 

Jets signing Newcastle?

Not sure about Reirá I’ll have a google.

Western United to finish well outside the finals. Bottom 3. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Haven't really kept up with transfers over the season but just checked Wiki for who may have moved there - Jets signing Newcastle is decent business. 

Jets signing Newcastle?

Riera gone back to Spain I believe. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Jets signing Newcastle?

Not sure about Reirá I’ll have a google.

FFS I've edited it now - was meant to be Hoolahan xD 

Reckon they'll be worse than Central Coast?

Final 4 I think will be Sydney, Melbourne Victory, Brisbane, Melbourne City.

• Administrator
Just now, Toinho said:

I believe he is out for a while! Injured today or something! 

Think mariners will still be about bottom. Glory to sneak into the top 6 this team thanks to Bruno and Castro.

How long does Castro have left?!

Last couple of seasons before they've started I've thought he can't keep going and producing, but he does. Obviously last season was great for he and Glory!

Was tough to exclude you over Brisbane/Melbourne City on who else might finish top 4. If I remember correctly last season, there were quite a few teams that could have made it right until the last couple of weeks of the season. 

Western United, what a bloody tinpot name for a club. They have our boy Joshy Risdon though!

I will try my best to watch some games as per but this year I'll likely be only able to catch Perth Glory home games :( 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Toinho said:

Berisha to Western United. Couldn’t cut it in the J-league? Also joins rival team... man, I like the a-league but players club hop so much 

Lovely. Should spice it up even more. There was always a threat of him seeing red when he played.

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt take long for VAR to make an appearance, in my opinion, gifting Sydney and Le Fondre the opener. Not sure on the new handball ruling but I’d argue the arm was out to balance his jump!

Sydney’s second was class though, they’re looking good. Adelaide have had chances and as I type they’ve scored a great free kick to make it 1-2 after 44 minutes.

• Administrator

Surprised Perth lost. Watched the first half and they were by far the better team. More composed on the ball and slick passing. Brisbane were underwhelming and Fowler's tactics reminded me of Puel at Leicester - slow and laboured and more focused on packing the defence and not conceding as opposed to trying to score. 

Don't know what the second half was like - should Perth have wrapped the game up @Toinho?

Fornaroli, Castro and Ikonomidis will be one of the best trios in the league this season. Think they'll have a lot of goals and assists to their names. 

We didn’t lose?

We conceded a 95th minute injury time equalizer. Initially ruled out for offside but got overturned. A close call. I’d say the correct one.

We Went defensive second half and were shite. We started last year the exact same with a 1-1 draw against crap (WSW). We get s few players back soon so let’s hope thst helps. 

Agreed about that front three! 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Toinho said:

We didn’t lose?

We conceded a 95th minute injury time equalizer. Initially ruled out for offside but got overturned. A close call. I’d say the correct one.

We Went defensive second half and were shite. We started last year the exact same with a 1-1 draw against crap (WSW). We get s few players back soon so let’s hope thst helps. 

Agreed about that front three! 

Oops! Freudian slip. Must feel like a loss :ph34r:

Which players do you have coming back? 

31 minutes ago, Stan said:

Oops! Freudian slip. Must feel like a loss :ph34r:

Which players do you have coming back? 

Definitely. But didn’t deserve three points. 

Mrcela (centre back), Franjic, and James Meredith (left back/Davidson replacement). They’re the main three - not sure when they’re back but will make a difference and be better than Malik and Chianese(who was alright but isn’t a full back!)

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Thank me later @Toinho shortly after that post above you're back in the game xD

Popovic scoring. Good sub by the manager to bring his son on! 

Just got home from cricket. Hours in the fucking sun, am cooked. Made 3 with the bat, took our only two wickets as we lost easily. I avoided the glory score. Sat down to watch it but the program told me where the goals were scored so I just skipped to them. I’ll take a draw. 

Edited by Toinho

• 2 weeks later...