talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

• Administrator

@Toinho what's going on with Perth? Struggling at the start of this season - seem to be missing a spark to kill games off or take control of games.

Madness in Western United vs Western Sydney. Scott McDonald heads it towards goal and in real-time and in replays it looks like the ball just about goes over as the keeper is just behind the line too. But goal not given even though the ref used the monitor. Can't work out how they've not given the goal.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Just got back from cricket, waste of a day in bastard hot heat and saw the result. Hopefully we get better as the season goes on. How did Meredith play? @Stan

Only saw 20 minutes of him as I missed the first half. Didn't really stand out much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@Toinho any news in Australia about what this could be about/what they were banned for? Dare I say it could be sexual assault or something along the lines of it...

Atkinson, Wales & McGree the main A-League players involved. Brandon Wilson doesn't really play these days.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50471012

Four Australia Under-23 players have been banned for "unprofessional conduct" during a night out in Cambodia following a complaint from a woman.

Nathaniel Atkinson, Lachlan Wales and Brandon Wilson will miss the Olympics after being suspended until 10 August by Football Federation Australia (FFA).

Captain Riley McGree was banned until 1 April.

The incident took place on a night out after the Asian Football Confederation U23 Championship qualifying tournament.

The players were found to have breached the FFA's code of conduct but what happened is unclear.

The complaint came to the attention of the FFA in April, with the governing body beginning an investigation shortly after. It said it took months to complete because of its "complexity".

The FFA said the players will participate in "education courses and counselling", adding: "Upholding our commitment to respect and responsibility cannot be compromised.

"The players have understood the gravity of their actions and have positively commenced respectful relationship programmes that will ensure they appreciate these values in the future."

The players were due to travel to China on 9 November to prepare for the AFC U23 Championship in January but were held back pending the sanction.

They have the right to appeal against the decision to an independent committee.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

@Toinho any news in Australia about what this could be about/what they were banned for? Dare I say it could be sexual assault or something along the lines of it...

Atkinson, Wales & McGree the main A-League players involved. Brandon Wilson doesn't really play these days.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50471012

My guess too. Haven’t heard any note details! 

We are shocking. I was going to go tonight, glad I’m on the couch at this rate. Other teams have found us out and we haven’t replaced key players well enough. I can’t believe I’m going to say this but we miss Keogh. Fornaroli just doesn’t fit as well!! And our back three are horrid without Lowry. 

Edited by Toinho

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

WHat a game in Adelaide xD 

Western Sydney were winning 3-1 in to stoppage time. 

Adelaide get a penalty in the 93rd minute through VAR overturning ref decision and score it to make it 3-2.

Adelaide then get another penalty in the 97th minute after ref missed a handball (debatable) and he goes to the screen, overturns his decision and gives it. Georgevski (WSW) decides to walk off and then Adelaide miss the penalty anywaylol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A lot has happened in the last month, including our great run of form, and some shocking injuries :( 

But our owner has just sold 80% of the club to some bitcoin London Football Exchange Group thing don’t even know. They want to replicate that group that own Man City and co, or something. Dear god I hope it works out okay. 

Edited by Toinho

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

We are falling apart. 

2md half would suggest otherwise. May not have got the goals but there was enough in the side to get back in to after half time. Several other sides definitely wouldn't have made a game of it. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

2md half would suggest otherwise. May not have got the goals but there was enough in the side to get back in to after half time. Several other sides definitely wouldn't have made a game of it. 

Impressive second half but think we have only won one of our last 7? I couldn’t go today but the second half was definitely entertaining. 

• 2 weeks later...