talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

11 hours ago, Stan said:

started celebrating yet xD ?

He’s a good coach but I haven’t been impressed this season. Obviously Castro deciding to caravan in our warm climate up north wasn’t ideal, but his team selections have been interesting and he gets outsmarted by a relatively new coach in Corica, all the time. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.61cc7085a5a25bd3d30a03ae0324dbd1.png

Adelaide United is delighted to announce the signing of the attacker, Domenic Costanzo, on a scholarship contract ahead of the upcoming A-League 2020/21 season.

Costanzo has been a revelation for local National Premier League (NPL) side, Croydon Kings, this season, scoring a league-leading 14 goals in 18 matches under his father’s tutelage – Reds legend, Angelo Costanzo, who is the Kings’ current Head Coach. 

The 18-year-old Croydon product had previously been in the Reds’ youth team, playing in the Foxtel Y-League 2018/19 season and later featuring 13 times and scoring two goals in last year’s NPL.

Costanzo is the first father-son combination in the Club’s history after Angelo accumulated 92 appearances between 2005 and 2009. (Adelaide United)Arrow.png.3b493911f849428e2deb8bafacba87b6.png

• 2 months later...

Season 2020/21 began about a week ago. 

Melbourne Victory v Brisbane right now has been very good, old boy and Celtic legend Scott Mcdonald opened the scoring for the away side before Callam McManaman scored a wonderful goal. He’s brilliant so far. Will tear up the a-league.

• Administrator
Just now, Toinho said:

Season 2020/21 began about a week ago. 

Melbourne Victory v Brisbane right now has been very good, old boy and Celtic legend Scott Mcdonald opened the scoring for the away side before Callam McManaman scored a wonderful goal. He’s brilliant so far. Will tear up the a-league.

Especially if he gets that kind of space to shoot like that. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Toinho said:

See any of the Sydney and Wellington game? I caught last 20, and saw highlights. Two wonderstrikes from Sydney! 

Nope too early for me! Started at 6.15am here. 

Got a feeling this season may be much more competitive than previous few. Sydney have been standout team but hopefully it can be tighter through the rest of the season.

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nope too early for me! Started at 6.15am here. 

Got a feeling this season may be much more competitive than previous few. Sydney have been standout team but hopefully it can be tighter through the rest of the season.

Both these sides looking better than last season already. I’m afraid Perth will ve bottom 6. Can’t see us having a good year. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Both these sides looking better than last season already. I’m afraid Perth will ve bottom 6. Can’t see us having a good year. 

Signed anyone? 

Just seen Victory about to bring on Gestede. That's a very good signing for them and for the league. Not too long out of the PL/Championship. 

Wow 2-1 Brisbane. My stream (paid for) has been garbage this half!!!

@Stan we re-signed Keogh for the 450th time... lost Meredith, Brimmer, That Swiss defender, Franjic, Juande... and probably more. We may be okay when Ikonomidis finally returns from a length injury. 

We also signed a centre half from Europe, and a Japanese lad I think too. 

edit: we are basically a youth squad plus a few older heads. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Wow 2-1 Brisbane. My stream (paid for) has been garbage this half!!!

@Stan we re-signed Keogh for the 450th time... lost Meredith, Brimmer, That Swiss defender, Franjic, Juande... and probably more. We may be okay when Ikonomidis finally returns from a length injury. 

We also signed a centre half from Europe, and a Japanese lad I think too. 

edit: we are basically a youth squad plus a few older heads. 

Okay yeah sounds like it's gonna be a tough ride. Lot of experience lost you'd think... 

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Totally forgot Steve Kean is an assistant at Victory haha 

Knew I recognised him!!

1 minute ago, Stan said:

That's surely the game for Brisbane. Wenzel-Halls with the 3rd. Very good feet and finish. 

He is a very promising young player. Great for him. I’m liking this Brisbane side. As I said earlier, big fan of this young Danzaki and O’Shea is quality too.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t see the Sydney derby but this Melbourne  one is looking like a great one!

Western United open the scoring around the 21st minute (3 points for me @Stan) and Craig Noone just scored an excellent equaliser*. 

* good goal but shite defending. Like really poor. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Didn’t see the Sydney derby but this Melbourne  one is looking like a great one!

Western United open the scoring around the 21st minute (3 points for me @Stan) and Craig Noone just scored an excellent equaliser*. 

* good goal but shite defending. Like really poor. 

Haha that reminds me I should probably get the next games up! 

Decent game so far. Noone's goal was good. 

Sydney Derby I got the 2nd half of. Sounded like the better one.