talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

@Stan

Just tried to get Channel 10 free stream for the cup final and only got this come up below O.o

download.png

No idea what that is.

Macarthur look to have sealed it with their 2nd penalty. 2-0.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Nope dad duty, but Sydney United are a disgrace. Another example of why we don’t need ethnic clubs in the a-league. 

What's the history here? Can you elaborate?

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's the history here? Can you elaborate?

Been in the national league in the past, incredibly successful club who’ve produced a lot of socceroos (mainly Aussie Croats). But from what I’ve seen lately seems nazi salutes were happening plus booing of the welcome to country. Will wait for clarification but hmmm

Edited by Toinho
  • Facepalm 1

• Administrator
Just now, Toinho said:

Been in the national league in the past, incredibly successful club who’ve produced a lot of socceroos (mainly Aussie Croats). But from what I’ve seen lately seems nazi salutes were happening plus booing of the welcome to country. Will wait for clarification but hmmm

Shit, that.

First time I'd ever watched them and heard them called 'Sydney Croatia' so thought there must have been a link to the players they've helped produce but thought it was a nickname. And also perhaps because it was a link to the colours they play in.

But no wonder you (and perhaps loads of others) don't want them anywhere near A-League.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Shit, that.

First time I'd ever watched them and heard them called 'Sydney Croatia' so thought there must have been a link to the players they've helped produce but thought it was a nickname. And also perhaps because it was a link to the colours they play in.

But no wonder you (and perhaps loads of others) don't want them anywhere near A-League.

I’m sure @Devil-Dick Willie may know more about them. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Not available in Edinburgh, Scotland?

download.png

Bit funny as BT show Aussie Rules Footy live?

I have no idea. The game is finished now anyway xD 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

Nope dad duty, but Sydney United are a disgrace. Another example of why we don’t need ethnic clubs in the a-league. 

I’m pretty sure ethnic clubs aren’t allowed in the A-League. They are about as self aware an an ant

’Oi bruz u haff to respeckt our ancestry or yura a fukken racist. oi bruz what iz dis fukken traditional owner abo shit, wha da fuck’

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

It makes no sense either because they are Croats, which I’m pretty sure the Nazis disliked. Braindead fuckwads

Edited by Spike

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Harry said:

What isn't shown beforehand is that immediately before that occurred the keeper picked up a flare that had been thrown onto the pitch and lobbed it back into the crowd.

Good on him.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

What isn't shown beforehand is that immediately before that occurred the keeper picked up a flare that had been thrown onto the pitch and lobbed it back into the crowd.

Did it actually go into the crowd? Or was he just trying to get it off the pitch? 

There’s also more context behind this (to an extent - not the assault that’s just fucking so sad and upsetting to see as the game should be riding on the success of the World Cup) but with fan protests. Will post in the morning. Am gutted and trust Melbourne victory fans (although a minority who rumour has it already hold bans) to fuck it all up. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

There’s also more context behind this (to an extent - not the assault that’s just fucking so sad and upsetting to see as the game should be riding on the success of the World Cup) but with fan protests. Will post in the morning. Am gutted and trust Melbourne victory fans (although a minority who rumour has it already hold bans) to fuck it all up. 

I heard about this on the comms for Newcastle vs Brisbane - something about the TV coverage of the games? Had it on in the background so didn't fully hear it. But there was some fan walk-out. Guess this is what you refer to as they mentioned it'll happen at all the games this weekend...?

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I heard about this on the comms for Newcastle vs Brisbane - something about the TV coverage of the games? Had it on in the background so didn't fully hear it. But there was some fan walk-out. Guess this is what you refer to as they mentioned it'll happen at all the games this weekend...?

The league decided to move the grand final to Sydney for 3 years instead of the best side in the comp and through playoffs having a home final. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Toinho said:

The league decided to move the grand final to Sydney for 3 years instead of the best side in the comp and through playoffs having a home final. 

Yep. Exactly right mate. No doubt the executives were all hyped up on a promotional slide deck based around analogies to the FA cup at Wembley and AFL Grand final at the MCG. there's a great deal of fan concern about it. But only the clowns that ran on will know whether the decision to invade the pitch was spontaneous and based on anger about the flare seen coming towards them, or was a planned event they'd come up with earlier in relation to the protests... I hope the former.