talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Yep. Exactly right mate. No doubt the executives were all hyped up on a promotional slide deck based around analogies to the FA cup at Wembley and AFL Grand final at the MCG. there's a great deal of fan concern about it. But only the clowns that ran on will know whether the decision to invade the pitch was spontaneous and based on anger about the flare seen coming towards them, or was a planned event they'd come up with earlier in relation to the protests... I hope the former. 

You’d really hope it wasn’t premeditated. I saw the footage of Glover throwing it back, doesn’t look malicious or angry, but definitely triggered (or gave those cunts an “excuse”) the so called fans who’ve just set football back 10 years in this country. Honestly, I know it’s not 99% of victory’s fault, but I think they need to be punished ridiculously harshly. And those involved hopefully never set foot inside a football stadium again, but how do you ensure life time bans for what should be up to 50 people. 

7 hours ago, Toinho said:

The league decided to move the grand final to Sydney for 3 years instead of the best side in the comp and through playoffs having a home final. 

CLASSIC SYDNEY CENTRICITY 
Truly hilarious when Melbourne of all places feels hard done by

On 30/09/2022 at 18:28, Spike said:

That is really just Australian sports in a nutshell though. One game played at at 120,000 mega-stadium then the next at the local park.

Leichardt Oval

Leichhardt Oval | Austadiums

Telstra Stadium

Stadium Australia - Wikipedia4,032 × 3,024

They don’t just need to knock that stadium down they need to build something over it that isn’t a stadium. Horrific planning, terrible transport links and a terrible effort at trying to replicate Melbourne’s success with the MCG and Etihad being central to the AFL.

The local stadium redevelopments are the way forward.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2022 at 07:13, Danny said:

They don’t just need to knock that stadium down they need to build something over it that isn’t a stadium. Horrific planning, terrible transport links and a terrible effort at trying to replicate Melbourne’s success with the MCG and Etihad being central to the AFL.

The local stadium redevelopments are the way forward.

Is that ANZ stadium? I don't even know lol. I went there in 2013 (when I also met you). I recall it taking fucking ages to even get on a train.

15 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Is that ANZ stadium? I don't even know lol. I went there in 2013 (when I also met you). I recall it taking fucking ages to even get on a train.

Might be Accor stadium or some shit now but yeah, I’ve been to watch a few Rabbitohs games there and taking away the fact that 90% of the ground is empty, the stadium itself is shit and dated. And yeah, travel to the area is terrible. I can see why they put it there because it’s central to west Sydney and central/eastern suburbs, but the main stadium really has to be in the city imo as the best transport links lead to there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Melbourne Victory vs Melbourne City to be replayed in April.

Suspended 10-point deduction for Victory for 3 seasons.

Melbourne Victory have been given a suspended 10-point deduction after crowd trouble during their A-League match with Melbourne City in December.

Any incident of "serious supporter misconduct" until the end of the 2025-26 season will trigger the deduction.

The game was abandoned after a pitch invasion during the first half.

Some fans ran on to the pitch, while referee Alex King and City goalkeeper Tom Glover suffered facial cuts after being hit by a metal bucket.

Victory have also been fined 450,000 Australian dollars (£255,000).

The club have also been banned from selling tickets for the area of the ground from which the fans invaded the pitch. In addition, Victory fans will not be able to attend away games for the rest of the season, which is estimated will cost the club a further 100,000 Australian dollars (£57,000).

They were initially banned from selling tickets for home games until 15 January pending further investigations by Football Australia.

The match will be replayed in April starting from the 22nd minute, with City retaining the 1-0 lead they held when the fans invaded the pitch.

On 10/01/2023 at 21:02, Stan said:

Melbourne Victory vs Melbourne City to be replayed in April.

Suspended 10-point deduction for Victory for 3 seasons.

Too soft.

I finally went to a Glory game last night (first time in 3 years I think). Started so poor, 2-0 down early on versus Sydney, but got back and drew 2-2. 14 minutes of injury time due to most of the lights going out lol #aleague

• 1 year later...