talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely move for the first goal! Diego Castro finds his way into the box to bag the first for Perth Glory after a great through ball from Ikonomidis.

1-0 up against Adelaide.

It's half time and I'm forced to watch this game via BT Sport, when MyFootball should be working perfectly but they've apparently been having technical difficulties for about 70 minutes (counting the bits pre-game). So annoying, it means I have to watch this low def.

So it’s Sydney as they dicked Muscunts Victory 6-1... advantage Sydney on the confidence id say.

Next Sunday we host the a-league final for the first time ever. Going to do my best to take the Monday off work!!!

So I just found out the final is at 9:30 my time. That is fantastic, finally don't have to bloody wake up at stupid AM in the morning and at the best time. This is why I chose Perth Glory.

At least 35k tickets sold in first two days. Away bay has been cut down. Sydney fans probably complaining about traveling. Flights have doubled for them though. Happened to me in 2012 when I went to Brisbane for our only other a-league final appearance. 

Small chance we will break the a-league attendance record if we get past 55. I don’t think we will though 

Perth Glory - misses a penalty and from there Santalab goes and tries a panenka. Shock horror, it misses. Dumb cunt. Lost us the game.

• Administrator
Just now, Grizzly21 said:

Perth Glory - misses a penalty and from there Santalab goes and tries a panenka. Shock horror, it misses. Dumb cunt. Lost us the game.

The panenka was stupid and he'll be the one in the limelight who missed but he wasn't the only one to do so.

Gutted for @Toinho though. What a season and it's a shame it had to end like that :( 

• Sad 1

On another note, this must have been the first time the keepers did Fortnite dances before diving for the penalty. It was almost embarrassing to see.

43 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Was highly embarrassing 

You'd think after Antoine 'le wacky fortnite guy' Greasman doing it all the fucking time it wouldn't be so cringe anymore. Some thinks are just inherent.

• Upvote 1

Tough day. Had a bad feeling about the game. Sydney had 0 shots on target (because their goal was incorrectly ruled out for offside). Can’t complain. We were crap last week and weren’t particularly good last night. Kilkenny is obviously not fully fit still. 

As for the penalties, fuck sake, I disagree on Redmayne being embarrassing - it worked. His tactic worked. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

911960288_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.b8ad23429f4cf52a5f2303257c74ca84.png

Robbie Fowler's Brisbane Roar sign Tom Aldred, Aaron Amadi-Holloway & Macaulay Gillesphey

Robbie Fowler's Brisbane Roar have signed Shrewsbury striker Aaron Amadi-Holloway, Bury defender Tom Aldred and Carlisle's Macaulay Gillesphey.

Aldred, 28, spent the past 18 months on loan at Scottish side Motherwell and left League One Bury this summer.

Welshman Amadi-Holloway, 26, scored three goals for Shrewsbury last season and joins the Australian side for an undisclosed fee.

Centre-back Gillesphey, 23, played 30 times for Carlisle in 2018-19.

"It was an opportunity I couldn't say no to, being coached by one of the best Premiership strikers in his time," said former Oldham and Wycombe man Amadi-Holloway.

Former Liverpool striker Fowler, 44, has been in charge of A-League side Brisbane since April.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48756470

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spelling corrections