Sunday 3rd December, 2017
Bournemouth vs Southampton, 13.30
Man City vs West Ham, 16.30

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
40 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Not as straightforward as that fixture looks. Think they'll give us a fight and we might get a draw. On the flip-side we have Salah in the form of his life and long may it continue.

expecting him to get a broken leg soon then

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

There’s Sadio if Salah is off form, then if they are both not feeling well there’s Firmino. If them three get a bug then there’s always Coutinho. Lallana is back now as well. 

Leaves you with a good feeling when you know there's that much attacking talent in our side and backups too. Plus, all fit. Its an Xmas Miracle.

17 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Should win, nice to not be thinking shit how bad will it be this time.

Cue 3-1 Huddersfield win.

Just as important as last night for me. Can't be dropping many more points to teams around us.

Glad this is an early kickoff, especially before Arsenal v United. Be typical if our fans give Rafa a hard time, which would be retarded. 

I'd revert back to the 3-5-2. We looked confused in the final third when we switched back to a 3-4-3, especially Morata. I'd rest Cahill in favor of Rudiger. 

Morata---Hazard

Fabregas

Alonso-----Bakayoko------Kante---Moses

Rudiger----Luiz---Azpilicueta

Courtois

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, HK85 said:

Just as important as last night for me. Can't be dropping many more points to teams around us.

A win potentially puts us top half incredibly. Should "prove" to the world and ourselves that we were in a false position after all. Obviously with the table that close another couple of Koeman performances completely changes the picture again but if we can already get back to the top half before Christmas we should be looking at trying to catch 7th place again.

If we can be 11th on Monday no reason it can't happen because there's no way we can be as bad for the rest of the season as we have been in the first 12 or so games. Probably.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

A win potentially puts us top half incredibly. Should "prove" to the world and ourselves that we were in a false position after all. Obviously with the table that close another couple of Koeman performances completely changes the picture again but if we can already get back to the top half before Christmas we should be looking at trying to catch 7th place again.

If we can be 11th on Monday no reason it can't happen because there's no way we can be as bad for the rest of the season as we have been in the first 12 or so games. Probably.

Catching 7th is a tough ask unless you invest in the summer. Last night was just as much West Ham being bad too really.

I think you'll finish between 10th-12th, which when you consider how things started, I don't think it's a bad effort.

• Subscriber

Absolutely no place for cockiness going into this just because we beat Spurs. These are actually above Spurs.

I think it'll be a bit of a battle and we'll draw. You cannot knock their away form at all. I'd be delighted with a win here and if we really want that 7th spot then we have to do it.

I can absolutely see us losing to Brighton. Not much has really changed for us. We're great going forward, but if you want to beat us... just defend deep, practice your set pieces because we're always nervy defending them, and be prepared for the inevitable defensive mistakes. And the clubs that are usually the best at it against us are clubs like Brighton.

Having said that, with the form Salah... I'll always be optimistic.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Dan said:

Absolutely no place for cockiness going into this just because we beat Spurs. These are actually above Spurs.

I think it'll be a bit of a battle and we'll draw. You cannot knock their away form at all. I'd be delighted with a win here and if we really want that 7th spot then we have to do it.

this will be a tougher game than Spurs.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

this will be a tougher game than Spurs.

I don't know if I'd go that far, if we're leading I don't think they'll have us under as much pressure as Spurs did. I think actually getting the lead will be harder though.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived