talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2-3rd December, 2017

football forum

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to hand it to City, there's no luck involved in these late goals at all. Patience, intelligence and they simply tire out the opposition, it's similar to the triple tournament Spain winning side. It's too difficult for teams to concentrate for so long, knew the goal was coming. You can see the patience and calmness Pep has installed into them.

Yes it's against a different class of opposition but it's a great contrast to the Arsenal side I saw running about like mad men last night.

• Administrator

only caught the Arsenal game from when Lingard scored the 3rd. 

Watching highlights now and that must be one of the best goal-keeping performances I've seen in a while. De Gea in inspired form and made some routine saves but also some brilliant ones. The double-save from Lacazette close range and then with his foot immediately after was superb. Top class performance.

• Administrator

Liverpool look absolutely devastating on the counter. Their 3rd goal reminded me of Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo against Arsenal in the Champions League (?) quite a few seasons back.

Salah and Firmino in terrific form. The former especially so. Salah, De Bruyne and Sterling would make a team of the season attacking trio just behind a striker if the season ended now. 

• Administrator

John Motson needs to hang up that mic sharpish.

Said that Sanchez's challenge on Richarlison (an elbow in the face) was the same as Kabasele (?) tackling Kane xD . The tackle was reckless and cynical, but nowhere near the same as an elbow to the face!

Just read on the Italian sports website La Gazzetta dello Sport that Man City’s victory yesterday makes this the best start to the season in the 129 years of English top division football. Maybe I’m late on this stat and it has already been posted here, but that’s an amazing feat. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

The money they have spent somewhat takes away from the feat though. They've literally bought their way to success (again) so I take no pleasure in seeing these kind of stats.

A pity AC Milan aren’t getting the positive results and quite the opposite though mate. 

But I get what you mean... But look at it this way too mate, there are a bunch of clubs in Europe that have spent ridiculous amounts of money and yet the process hasn’t been defined as positively in such a short space of time. Without a doubt the money is the biggest factor, but you need someone that knows how to do things to get this sort of work to be effective don’t you think?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived