talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2-3rd December, 2017

football forum

This game tonight at the New Highbury is just like watching Jose's Chelsea when he first come to the country... Sit back n hit Arsenal on the break n watch them struggle to put the ball into the net.... Although our defence never needed to rely on luck.

My point is, 15+ years on, & Arsene is still losing to the same Jose tactic. :ay:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

This game tonight at the New Highbury is just like watching Jose's Chelsea when he first come to the country... Sit back n hit Arsenal on the break n watch them struggle to put the ball into the net.... Although our defence never needed to rely on luck.

My point is, 15+ years on, & Arsene is still losing to the same Jose tactic. :ay:

Not really a "Jose tactic" is it? xD It's the tactic that small teams use but he does it with much better players. Fair play to him, it works a lot of the time but it's definitely not an example of tactical genius.

13 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Wenger has tightened up in recent years against the big teams, no longer as vulnerable as he once was but still this stuff happens. For a good 6 years at least it was a case of just hitting Arsenal on the break, the ease at which we and other teams like Man United did it was astonishing at times. You'd think during that period something would have clicked for Wenger and he'd change his approach but no. In recent years, I've seen a lot more game management and tactical work in the bigger games from Wenger but still, they can do an Arsenal from time to time.

11 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Wenger has tightened up in recent years against the big teams, no longer as vulnerable as he once was but still this stuff happens. For a good 6 years at least it was a case of just hitting Arsenal on the break, the ease at which we and other teams like Man United did it was astonishing at times. You'd think during that period something would have clicked for Wenger and he'd change his approach but no. In recent years, I've seen a lot more game management and tactical work in the bigger games from Wenger but still, they can do an Arsenal from time to time.

You speak the truth.

Still its entertaining & amusing.... I think Ramsey is a very lucky boy for the Arsenal goal :ay:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived