Sunday 3rd December, 2017
Hertha Berlin vs Frankfurt, 14.30
Wolfsburg vs Gladbach, 17.00

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why was VAR not consulted?

Incidents like that happened so often lately, it's a complete joke. Hopefully they'll scrap it in the winter break. What's the point if they don't use it? 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Incidents like that happened so often lately, it's a complete joke. Hopefully they'll scrap it in the winter break. What's the point if they don't use it? 

might as well.

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

VAR is shite.

it can't be shite if it's not used. 

Image result for black lisp guy

In all seriousness, it would have been productive and efficient in reviewing that goal and correcting the referee's decision?

• Subscriber

I meant the whole system and how it's implemented, hehe. What's the point of having an "expert panel" with a shitload of screens sitting in a studio in Köln if they are not called for action during the key incidents?... I still think the simplest decision would have been a screen on the sidelines for the ref to take a look at if he's unsure about giving/not giving a goal or penalty, nothing else is needed, in my opinion.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I meant the whole system and how it's implemented, hehe. What's the point of having an "expert panel" with a shitload of screens sitting in a studio in Köln if they are not called for action during the key incidents?... I still think the simplest decision would have been a screen on the sidelines for the ref to take a look at if he's unsure about giving/not giving a goal or penalty, nothing else is needed, in my opinion.

if it works the same as A-League in Australia and Serie A, there is actually a screen for referees to have a look at if they wish.

Is it seriously in a studio in Koln?! can't tell if joking or not xD 

I can totally understand the frustration with the way its implemented and I hope that side of it improves. But the concept of it is exactly what is needed for decisions that could change games. That's why I can't understand why that Freiburg 'goal' wasn't referred to the referee after VAR officials would have seen the replays. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

if it works the same as A-League in Australia and Serie A, there is actually a screen for referees to have a look at if they wish.

Is it seriously in a studio in Koln?! can't tell if joking or not xD 

I can totally understand the frustration with the way its implemented and I hope that side of it improves. But the concept of it is exactly what is needed for decisions that could change games. That's why I can't understand why that Freiburg 'goal' wasn't referred to the referee after VAR officials would have seen the replays. 

Not joking haha, they indeed have a studio in Köln with VAR officials, the ref can't watch any replays himself... 

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Not joking haha, they indeed have a studio in Köln with VAR officials, the ref can't watch any replays himself... 

yeah that's pretty backwards and illogical.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

In fact there is a so called review area where the refs could theoretically watch the replays themselves but I think they are only allowed to use it when the VAR officials advise them to have a look at the scene.

Didn't know that, but damn, that makes it even worse.

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Didn't know that, but damn, that makes it even worse.

yeah that's what they do in other leagues. fuck knows why they don't do it like that in Germany! It's so logical and makes so much more sense!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived