talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Halfway House Review

football forum

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We massively overachieved at the start and after coming back down with a bang, are kinda levelling out now. We are where I expected us to be, hovering in the Top 8-10.

I think we have the potential to be playoffs come May from what I've seen, but January is going to be key for us to improve on the quality we have, and we will need to, in order to get in them.

On the others, Wolves are nailed on to go up. I expected much better from Middlesbrough and Fulham to be frank, especially the latter.

Bristol City and Sheffield United have been the biggest surprises without a doubt. It will be interesting to see if they can hang around in there because if they do, we are in for a massive scrap.

It's been a mixed season, our owners done a good job at convincing everyone that Jota was staying as we got £6m for him. Had we of kept him we'd of had a very good attack.

Our start this season has been no different to the last two, what's let us down has been a mid season slump in form from December/January onwards.

That has potentially started with the loss to Cardiff, draw to Burton and Rangers. However if we avoid it then we'll be around 6th place.

Were due to sign a Danish striker who is the second or third  top goal scorer at 22 years old. It's hard to get excited over YouTube vids but his goals and assists look pure technique. Hopefully he can push us a long but what we really need is an experienced centre back who can help lead us to close out games.

5 hours ago, Danny said:

It's been a mixed season, our owners done a good job at convincing everyone that Jota was staying as we got £6m for him. Had we of kept him we'd of had a very good attack.

Our start this season has been no different to the last two, what's let us down has been a mid season slump in form from December/January onwards.

That has potentially started with the loss to Cardiff, draw to Burton and Rangers. However if we avoid it then we'll be around 6th place.

Were due to sign a Danish striker who is the second or third  top goal scorer at 22 years old. It's hard to get excited over YouTube vids but his goals and assists look pure technique. Hopefully he can push us a long but what we really need is an experienced centre back who can help lead us to close out games.

I never realised you were getting Marcondes on a free. 

Ive only seen him once when I saw Brøndby lose at home to Nordsjælland 2:3. I don't think he's proper striker, he was definitely playing as a #10 or a kinda winger when I saw, but I think he scored. 

But yeah, the Danish journos that I follow definitely seem excited about him, and assists as much as he scores I think. It will definitely be interesting to see how he does.

5 hours ago, Inverted said:

I never realised you were getting Marcondes on a free. 

Ive only seen him once when I saw Brøndby lose at home to Nordsjælland 2:3. I don't think he's proper striker, he was definitely playing as a #10 or a kinda winger when I saw, but I think he scored. 

But yeah, the Danish journos that I follow definitely seem excited about him, and assists as much as he scores I think. It will definitely be interesting to see how he does.

Yeah we beat Brondby to him. In fact there's a topic I posted in the general football forum that shows the behind the scene so of the transfer which is quite interesting.

But yeah he's not someone to lead the line but we have that in both Lasse Vibe and Neal Maupay. The goals and assists he gets all seem to be high quality, I am pretty excited about getting him as he could push our season on.

Sergi Canos is just starting to play regularly after his injury now and Alan Judge is back in full training so I think we'll have a pretty potent attack soon.

We've clearly underachived overachieved so far this season. Was expecting mid table to a push for the play offs at best in all honesty (still not convinced we'll make the play offs mind).

The key reason, regardless of opinion, has been Warnock. We're not pretty on the eye, but we play for each other as a team and can be difficult to score against. 

I had Wolves and Cardiff City to be top half but just outside the playoffs so it's fair to assume in my head they're both overachieving along with Bristol City who are quietly going about their business but beginning to make noise. 

My predicted top four was Middlesborough, Fulham, Wednesday and Reading which has been nothing short of disastrous. Them all along with Sunderland should all feel as if they're really underachieving.

Archived