League One:
Bristol Rovers vs Rotherham
Southend vs Oldham

Monday 4th December, 2017
Birmingham vs Wolves, 19.45

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the Rangers game there's been a big song and dance about the points we've lost this season, it's been said we lost 18 points but I can only count 16. Because I'm a sad bastard with spare time I thought I'd look up the points we've lost and when and it tells a different story to what's been painted by the stat by itself.

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER:
Played 10 games, lost 12 points from winning positions.
We collected 9 points throughout this period.

OCTOBER/NOVEMBER:
Played 8 games, lost 4 points from winning positions.
Collected 15 points from this period, with 2 less games.

The beginning of the season was a struggle for us with the transfer window and bedding in new players, but we turned around some bad form to become one of the most in form sides in the division, and other than City we've had the second longest unbeaten streak in England (unbeaten streak, not entire season...). That came to and against Cardiff and since then we've had two fairly poor performances and results against Burton and Rangers.

I can't see us beating Fulham at the moment, I'd love to be proven wrong but I think after that 5-4 win they'll be on the front foot. I don't have a good feeling about the game at all. I'm hoping once it's done we can focus on the league as having two derby games so close to each other can have a negative effect on morale and form if you lose both, the next two months will determine our promotion credentials so we need to keep the results coming.

5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Credit where it’s due his subs changed the game and a point isn’t the worst result. Leeds were awful second half 

Pablo Hernandez injury changed the game. First half we were very good. Don't think I remember Villa having much of the ball or territory. Hernandez was dictating the game but when he went off, our attacking play suffered.

We struggled second half to really get going and you came back well without creating much bar an Adomah effort.. To be perfectly honest, I couldn't see Villa scoring, it was a game of few chances and you didn't look like hurting us but it was a good strike from Lansbury and that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Bit of a throw away from us really. We should have won that but this is where we need to learn to close games out. That's just the way it's going to be with this side.

52 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Pablo Hernandez injury changed the game. First half we were very good. Don't think I remember Villa having much of the ball or territory. Hernandez was dictating the game but when he went off, our attacking play suffered.

We struggled second half to really get going and you came back well without creating much bar an Adomah effort.. To be perfectly honest, I couldn't see Villa scoring, it was a game of few chances and you didn't look like hurting us but it was a good strike from Lansbury and that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Bit of a throw away from us really. We should have won that but this is where we need to learn to close games out. That's just the way it's going to be with this side.

Yeah I think Grealish has an effect also, he draws that many fouls it’s hard for teams to get momentum going as it’s so stop start. 

You maybe right and your injuries combined with our subs just changed it so that we got a point, sometimes the stars align that way. 

Davis looked tired and despite a draw I’m still in the meh Bruce camp. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Went to The Den today. You wouldn't have guessed Sheffield United are vying for promotion. They were very naive today with their whole play and looked second best at all times. 

what was the atmosphere like?

wonder if the Blades' bubble has been burst. Very strong start but now feeling the pressure of their overachievements.

I've noticed Bristol City have crept up to 3rd. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

what was the atmosphere like?

wonder if the Blades' bubble has been burst. Very strong start but now feeling the pressure of their overachievements.

I've noticed Bristol City have crept up to 3rd. 

The Sheffield United fans were louder but Millwall gave a good account of themselves. Not too difficult given the unexpected scoreline mind you. 

The mackem pooper has denied any shit came out

"That was me it's real I'm so regretful but I can't remember any of it at all and for the record I didn't actually have a shit.

"I honestly didn't have a shit. The club even released a statement saying there was nothing wrong with the chair."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/sunderland-fan-insists-he-didnt-defecate-his-seat-heartfelt-apology#OkYpFqjt9UW3T006.99

• The topic was unpinned

Archived