• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2017/18 - Third Round Draw

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Storts said:

How have Leicester made this list xD

Absolute guarantee for TV.

I'm well happy I am. Personally want Fleetwood though as I've been to Hereford.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

In fairness, the possibility of Hereford v Leicester is quality. And with Hereford’s history in the cup and their recent history, it would be nailed on to be on the box. 

Exact tie happened in 1999 too, they were non-league and us Premier League that time also, we drew 0-0 and won the replay.

Played them in League One in 2009.

Newport away.

We drew them in the Carabao Cup and they had to switch the tie to Elland Road due to relaying their new pitch so it'll be nice for them to get to play us on their patch now.

Won't be easy, they are doing quite well. We'll rotate too, but I would still expect a win.

59 minutes ago, Dan said:

Exact tie happened in 1999 too, they were non-league and us Premier League that time also, we drew 0-0 and won the replay.

Played them in League One in 2009.

Didn’t know that. It’s an FA Cup romantics dream tie really and given the fact Hereford fans lost their club at the hands of horrendous (criminal) ownership and the fans have bought their club ‘back’, a televised Home cup tie against a Premier League team is the least they deserve. 

51 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Newport away.

We drew them in the Carabao Cup and they had to switch the tie to Elland Road due to relaying their new pitch so it'll be nice for them to get to play us on their patch now.

Won't be easy, they are doing quite well. We'll rotate too, but I would still expect a win.

Their pitch is notoriously bad, I dunno if it’s still bad this year but their home form at the back end of last season on that potato field of a pitch was critical in their survival. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Leeds go out at Newport.  

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Didn’t know that. It’s an FA Cup romantics dream tie really and given the fact Hereford fans lost their club at the hands of horrendous (criminal) ownership and the fans have bought their club ‘back’, a televised Home cup tie against a Premier League team is the least they deserve. 

Their pitch is notoriously bad, I dunno if it’s still bad this year but their home form at the back end of last season on that potato field of a pitch was critical in their survival. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Leeds go out at Newport.  

Yeah I remember it being a nice place and a pretty welcoming club on the whole. As stated I'd rather have Fleetwood (Vardy back to his old club and I've never been there) but it'd be nice for Hereford to get that tie and even nicer for them if they got a draw from it and a replay, although really we'd have no excuse for not battering them.

Hereford actually got promoted to the Football League at our ground too if I'm not mistaken. They picked a neutral venue for Hereford v Halifax and went with us. One of those scenarios where bizarrely we keep meeting in some form even when everything says we shouldn't.

Either tie would be quite a romantic one I think and for that reason it'll end up on TV.

We've never played Fleetwood, I'm sure of that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Conference_National_play-off_Final - There it is, Hereford won 3-2, couple of names I recognise there - Tamika Mkandawire (ex Orient isn't he? Sure we were linked once), Adam Stansfield (died just four years after this game), Stuart Fleetwood, and Halifax are managed by none other than Chris Wilder.

Fascinates me some of this stuff.

The fact Man Utd v Derby will be televised is a fucking joke looking at some of the fixtures.

Hope we go all out against Luton as it is a potential banana skin, they're doing well this season and scoring for fun. Would have been nice if Gateshead had beaten them yesterday as you can see their ground from ours and vice versa, would have been weird. Also wouldn't have minded a trip to Kenilworth Road, as old school as it gets probably.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Yeah I remember it being a nice place and a pretty welcoming club on the whole. As stated I'd rather have Fleetwood (Vardy back to his old club and I've never been there) but it'd be nice for Hereford to get that tie and even nicer for them if they got a draw from it and a replay, although really we'd have no excuse for not battering them.

Hereford actually got promoted to the Football League at our ground too if I'm not mistaken. They picked a neutral venue for Hereford v Halifax and went with us. One of those scenarios where bizarrely we keep meeting in some form even when everything says we shouldn't.

Either tie would be quite a romantic one I think and for that reason it'll end up on TV.

We've never played Fleetwood, I'm sure of that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Conference_National_play-off_Final - There it is, Hereford won 3-2, couple of names I recognise there - Tamika Mkandawire (ex Orient isn't he? Sure we were linked once), Adam Stansfield (died just four years after this game), Stuart Fleetwood, and Halifax are managed by none other than Chris Wilder.

Fascinates me some of this stuff.

Yeah, I remember that. They won promotion the following year too, I think, with a squad made up of about nine loan players, including Gary Hooper. 

I went to Edgar Street when Orient played them, lost 2-1. Was a terrible ground from memory, too. 

I’d completely ignored the link between Fleetwood and Leicester tbh. 

If it was me, I'd pick the following for TV

Friday 7:45pm - Shrewsbury v West Ham

Saturday 5:30pm - Brighton v Palace

Sunday 1:30pm - Forest Green/Exeter v West Brom

Sunday 4pm - Liverpool v Everton

Monday 8pm - Hereford v Leicester (If it panned out that way, otherwise Forest v Arsenal)

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Yeah, I remember that. They won promotion the following year too, I think, with a squad made up of about nine loan players, including Gary Hooper. 

I went to Edgar Street when Orient played them, lost 2-1. Was a terrible ground from memory, too. 

I’d completely ignored the link between Fleetwood and Leicester tbh. 

If they went up at our place in 2006 and we played them in the league in 2008/09 then I reckon it was 2008 they'd have been promoted from League Two as I'm sure it was their first year up. If they actually stayed up a year in League One then that's a fantastic effort.

We won there 1-3 from behind, a game that near enough guaranteed us promotion. Fantastic memories. Winning games at any level you play at after years of rubbish is enjoyable and I'm sure you'll have that feeling back again soon.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Lucas said:

If it was me, I'd pick the following for TV

Friday 7:45pm - Shrewsbury v West Ham

Saturday 5:30pm - Brighton v Palace

Sunday 1:30pm - Forest Green/Exeter v West Brom

Sunday 4pm - Liverpool v Everton

Monday 8pm - Hereford v Leicester (If it panned out that way, otherwise Forest v Arsenal)

you're forgetting Utd vs Derby which must be shown. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Co-commentator on my stream for the match has just said Liverpool v Everton is the Friday night. Can't be right?

Can't imagine that's right given that the Premier League have almost never put it on the Saturday 5.30 or Sunday 4.00 slots because apparently the fans will get too smashed. Probably the early Sunday kick off I imagine.

• Administrator

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/07/man-utds-fa-cup-clash-will-not-televised-12-year-run-comes/

Man Utd's THIRTEEN year run of televised FA Cup games comes to an end.

To @Storts disdain, Fleetwood/Hereford vs Leicester will be on TV.

Friday 5th January - Liverpool vs Everton, 7.45pm (BBC)
Saturday 6th January - Fleetwood/Hereford vs Leicester, 12.45pm (BBC)
Saturday 6th January - Norwich vs Chelsea, 5.30pm (BT Sport)
Sunday 7th January - Shrewsbury vs West Ham (BBC) 
Sunday 7th January - Nottm Forest vs Arsenal (BT)
Monday 8th January - Brighton vs Crystal Palace, 8pm (BT)

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/07/man-utds-fa-cup-clash-will-not-televised-12-year-run-comes/

Man Utd's THIRTEEN year run of televised FA Cup games comes to an end.

To @Storts disdain, Fleetwood/Hereford vs Leicester will be on TV.

Friday 5th January - Liverpool vs Everton, 7.45pm (BBC)
Saturday 6th January - Fleetwood/Hereford vs Leicester, 12.45pm (BBC)
Saturday 6th January - Norwich vs Chelsea, 5.30pm (BT Sport)
Sunday 7th January - Shrewsbury vs West Ham (BBC) 
Sunday 7th January - Nottm Forest vs Arsenal (BT)
Monday 8th January - Brighton vs Crystal Palace, 8pm (BT)

Lovely double nibble there my friend :ay:

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

West Brom away to Forest Green or Exeter should be on. A Premier League side away at a league two team, come on ffs, that should ALWAYS be on. 

yeah but it's West Brom 

Archived