talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dark

football forum

3 hours ago, Eco said:

I just finished S1E7, and this show is brilliant.  I have things I should be doing, but I might just go ahead and finish S1 tonight. 

Are you watching it in German with subtitles or dubbed?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just a calendar/planner, but yeah, still cool! :D

Also, have you seen this:

Hide contents

A promo book for the press... it's not on sale, but I badly want one :(

https://imgur.com/a/u5FRqdH

Man, this blows my mind again. Dark has been something else in my life. One of those series that just felt magnificent and meaningful. No other series' has done that for me, however great they were. Lost was incredible no doubt, but Dark felt... more real and deeper. 

Well - I just finished S1, and what a great first season.....

Here are some basic thoughts on it. 

I was waiting for them to get the future, I figured one Janus goes into tunnels, and there two are routes, that one was for the Future and the other for the Past, so I love that it ended in the future. 

However, When Ulrich went into the tunnels, he clearly goes left (future) and ends up in the past, so maybe that really isn't how it is, but regardless, what a brilliant show and what a great idea from the producers to give us plebs 'refreshers' on who is who in each year with the side-by-sides.

Best show I have watched in some time. Hands down. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Eco said:

Well - I just finished S1, and what a great first season.....

Here are some basic thoughts on it. 

Reveal hidden contents

I was waiting for them to get the future, I figured one Janus goes into tunnels, and there two are routes, that one was for the Future and the other for the Past, so I love that it ended in the future. 

However, When Ulrich went into the tunnels, he clearly goes left (future) and ends up in the past, so maybe that really isn't how it is, but regardless, what a brilliant show and what a great idea from the producers to give us plebs 'refreshers' on who is who in each year with the side-by-sides.

Best show I have watched in some time. Hands down. 

It's Jonas, not Janus ;) 

Glad you like it, too. 

I'm forever grateful to @Tommy and @Faithcore for convincing me to watch it.

So - I just completed Season 2. 

Holy shit...this might topple Fringe and become my favorite show of all time.  Also, the music in this season was absolutely top class. I added a few songs to my Spotify thanks to this season alone. I feel like I need to take a minute and just let all that simmer for a bit after that ending. 

I still don't grasp how Jonas becomes the wrinkly old fucker...but I guess that's for next season. 

Also, the subtitles ruined this a bit for me. When wrinkly Jonas first spoke, the Subtitles Stated [Old Jonas] before the big thing was revealed. 

14 hours ago, Eco said:

So - I just completed Season 2. 

Holy shit...this might topple Fringe and become my favorite show of all time.  Also, the music in this season was absolutely top class. I added a few songs to my Spotify thanks to this season alone. I feel like I need to take a minute and just let all that simmer for a bit after that ending. 

Reveal hidden contents

I still don't grasp how Jonas becomes the wrinkly old fucker...but I guess that's for next season. 

Also, the subtitles ruined this a bit for me. When wrinkly Jonas first spoke, the Subtitles Stated [Old Jonas] before the big thing was revealed. 

That spoiler is unfortunate. xD Are you watching it on original Netflix? That shouldn't happen. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

That spoiler is unfortunate. xD Are you watching it on original Netflix? That shouldn't happen. 

Yes. But I guess since my native language is set to English. It happened. Haha

...just finished Season 3. 

I am sad to see that it appears this is the end of this show for good, which makes sense depending on the ending. I think a part of me is happy they aren't going to drag this out and destroy it, but I am sad that it's over. 

I feel almost like I need a break after watching the final 3 episodes, the entire season was a bit difficult until the final 2 in which everything comes full circle, and that ending....wow...

Thoughts after my run that I had to take immediately after finishing this..

What a fucking ending that is. The Old Jonas changing it by not killing Martha, when we had seen SO many time where characters had tried to either kill themselves, or someone else, but were not allowed to by time, but this time we see someone deliberately NOT kill someone after realizing the truth about the dimensions and telling the Young Jonas so that him and Martha are try to save Teiderman's Son and his family, knowing that such a save will save the origin world, but also eliminate themselves in the process. 

The only thing I didn't pick up on, and maybe it wasn't explained, is how the Old Jonas got so deformed. I know he said early in S2 that time travel takes it's toll on the body, but it never seemed to go further than that. 

That scene though as we watch both Old and Young Jonas/Martha slowly disappear is absolutely heartbreaking. I wasn't on the verge of tears, but I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing as I found myself completely entranced with that whole sequence. 

Bravo to the actors and actresses in that, as well as the writers. That was epic and will go down as one of the all time greatest shows of all time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2020 at 01:01, Eco said:

It says 5 photos but I can only see the one with the kid and the bridge wtf. What I was always wondering though, is the cave real? 

Anyway, dying for a re-watch to be honest. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Gonna be a slow grind but im watching it with my old man here been at it a few weeks as I usually see him once a week or so :) but we just finished episode 5 last night. Its funny I hate watching shows with english dub id much rather just read subtitles but he insists on it and he still speaks/understands some german xD  old people I tell ya.

anyways I quite like it so far, bit of a slow burner to start out but theres alot going on, I just had the reveal about Jonas's father in the end of the last episode and I really like where its going, will keep at er!

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Gonna be a slow grind but im watching it with my old man here been at it a few weeks as I usually see him once a week or so :) but we just finished episode 5 last night. Its funny I hate watching shows with english dub id much rather just read subtitles but he insists on it and he still speaks/understands some german xD  old people I tell ya.

anyways I quite like it so far, bit of a slow burner to start out but theres alot going on, I just had the reveal about Jonas's father in the end of the last episode and I really like where its going, will keep at er!

Glad you like it, but it's a pity you're watching it with English dub :( 

For me, the first few episodes were a bit hard to follow, as there are so many different characters and I just got confused with who belongs to which family and what are the actual relations between them all. Once you get that out of the way, I find it is much easier to follow (which is somewhat ironic, considering how complex the story/events get further on! xD). Anyway, keep at it and keep us updated :P 

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, nudge said:

Glad you like it, but it's a pity you're watching it with English dub :( 

For me, the first few episodes were a bit hard to follow, as there are so many different characters and I just got confused with who belongs to which family and what are the actual relations between them all. Once you get that out of the way, I find it is much easier to follow (which is somewhat ironic, considering how complex the story/events get further on! xD). Anyway, keep at it and keep us updated :P 

I know! Ive kept subtitles on anyways if its any small consolation xD

It definitely is a little muddled to follow, I think ive got a handle on that but ive definitely had to exlpain it to my old man several times and I dont even really blame him as you say theres just alot thrown at you in the beginining. Its helped me kind of pay closer attention anyways. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Alright so im on episode 10 of season 1 now finally. Man what a fantastic show. Ive definitely made it harder on myself to follow by only watching sporadically but theres so much intrigue, I love it so far. Also was able to convince my old man to ditch the english dub thank god. Ill be back.

• Subscriber

Ok season 1 down.

I think Ive done a pretty good job connecting all the people and relationships and old and young and in some cases 3 timeline versions of people except for one. When Jonas was having the convo with his grandma before he tried to go back and return his younger father he mentions he kissed his aunt. I completely missed that she was Mikkels sister and Ulrichs daughter, maybe just because they where all in different timelines later in the season but my god 

xD. Anyways I really like the setup and where they left off, You get little clues and feelings the whole time that older time traveling Jonas had a purpose for trying to change things and well that answers that. It appears to be some post apocolyptic world or post ww3 event thats taken place, Cant wait for season 2 to keep going here. 

Predestination is still the biggest mind fuck of show/movie Ive seen but this is getting there. I love all the paradox stuff. The convo older Jonas has with the clock guy was one of my favourite scenes so far. Anyways excellent show so far!

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Season 2 down.

Man I hate how it just keeps giving me bread crumbs all the way along... Im getting to the final episode and I think ive got a pretty good grip on most of whats going on and then BAM another curveball, throw back into the blender everything you think you know 

xD 

Long and the short of it is I love the show so far. Is it still on going btw? I would imagine the story they're putting together has a conclusion at some point but does anyone know what the arc was planned for? 4 or 5 seasons? or is 3 the last, I dont want to google as I dont want to find anything out yet.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Season 2 down.

Hide contents

Man I hate how it just keeps giving me bread crumbs all the way along... Im getting to the final episode and I think ive got a pretty good grip on most of whats going on and then BAM another curveball, throw back into the blender everything you think you know 

xD 

Long and the short of it is I love the show so far. Is it still on going btw? I would imagine the story they're putting together has a conclusion at some point but does anyone know what the arc was planned for? 4 or 5 seasons? or is 3 the last, I dont want to google as I dont want to find anything out yet.

It's 3 seasons only, and the story ends perfectly! Apparently that's exactly how they planned it from the very beginning :) 

Archived