talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dark

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

https://screenrant.com/lost-damon-lindelof-series-original-ending-season-abc/

That's why I'm glad that the Dark creators seemed to have envisioned three seasons, and weren't talked into more. Like La Casa de Papel. It had a perfect ending after Season 2, and then somehow they got talked into making more. Admittedly though it was good. 

Wow, ABC wanted 10 seasons??? That's a bit of an overkill indeed :4_joy:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Just watched the very first episode! It IS weird as fuck, and I'm not sure yet what I think about it, but I admit that I'm very intrigued now, so will definitely keep on watching.

Thought the Serenity prayer was a clever touch, and it instantly reminded me of Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five; in fact the show has a very similar vibe to it (well at least the general mood based on Episode 1, haha). So it goes...

Here comes Episode 2...

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Just watched the very first episode! It IS weird as fuck, and I'm not sure yet what I think about it, but I admit that I'm very intrigued now, so will definitely keep on watching.

Thought the Serenity prayer was a clever touch, and it instantly reminded me of Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five; in fact the show has a very similar vibe to it (well at least the general mood based on Episode 1, haha). So it goes...

Here comes Episode 2...

I am struggling with it... It's good but there are so many things flipping around that unless I am watching constantly and not blinking at all I usually miss something and have to go back again... I have too many distractions during the day and get too tired and fall asleep at night.. it's a proper slow burner

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I am struggling with it... It's good but there are so many things flipping around that unless I am watching constantly and not blinking at all I usually miss something and have to go back again... I have too many distractions during the day and get too tired and fall asleep at night.. it's a proper slow burner

I watched two episodes last night, thought by the end of the second one things were starting to gather pace a bit! It is a slow burner for sure, but personally I don't mind that, as long as it is done well. Will definitely keep on watching, the suspense is killing me haha. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I watched two episodes last night, thought by the end of the second one things were starting to gather pace a bit! It is a slow burner for sure, but personally I don't mind that, as long as it is done well. Will definitely keep on watching, the suspense is killing me haha. 

I am going to have to pull an all nighter to get through the first season.... I love the mood of it so it will probably be worth it

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I am going to have to pull an all nighter to get through the first season.... I love the mood of it so it will probably be worth it

The mood is what makes me scared to watch it at times :4_joy: But yes, it's very eery and atmospheric.

Will continue with Episode 3 later tonight...

• Subscriber

4 episodes done... Enjoy it, but it also creeps me out, haha. The one thing that confuses me a bit is all the characters and the connections between them; I think I accidentally spoiled parts of the show for myself as I googled for the character map to get a better overview of their relations and saw things I shouldn't have :4_joy:

8 hours ago, nudge said:

4 episodes done... Enjoy it, but it also creeps me out, haha. The one thing that confuses me a bit is all the characters and the connections between them; I think I accidentally spoiled parts of the show for myself as I googled for the character map to get a better overview of their relations and saw things I shouldn't have :4_joy:

Sic mundus

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I am in Season 3 already. Very confused, but amazed. The soundtrack is sooooo good as well. 

It really is. Finished season 3 and thought the end was satisfactory. Helps with the understanding of the show that I'm capable the follow the dialogues without having to read subtitles, would be confused if I'd had to, I think.

• Subscriber

It's class. I'm only finishing Season 1 now, and while I was a bit skeptical after the first two episodes, it has really grown on me after that. Was a bit confused with all those families and their relations with each other in different timelines, but once that became clear, the series became very enjoyable. 

8 hours ago, nudge said:

It's class. I'm only finishing Season 1 now, and while I was a bit skeptical after the first two episodes, it has really grown on me after that. Was a bit confused with all those families and their relations with each other in different timelines, but once that became clear, the series became very enjoyable. 

How good were the Mikkel and later Jonas reveal? At first I thought the stranger was Mikkel. :D

When I told you guys last year how great Dark is noone would listen to me ¬¬ It is one of the best series I have ever seen and it's still unbelievable for me that this is a German production. I hope all of you are watching it in German language.

I'm about to start season 3 now.

2 hours ago, Faithcore said:

When I told you guys last year how great Dark is noone would listen to me ¬¬ It is one of the best series I have ever seen and it's still unbelievable for me that this is a German production. I hope all of you are watching it in German language.

I'm about to start season 3 now.

I watch everything in it's original language as dubbing sucks in general. :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I watch everything in it's original language as dubbing sucks in general. :ph34r:

Most of the time I do that as well. There used to be a few exceptions though where the German 'version' clearly makes the series better, for example 'Ein Käfig voller Helden'. 

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Most of the time I do that as well. There used to be a few exceptions though where the German 'version' clearly makes the series better, for example 'Ein Käfig voller Helden'. 

Also Terence Hill & Bud Spencer movies!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 09/07/2020 at 11:26, Tommy said:

Hide contents

How good were the Mikkel and later Jonas reveal? At first I thought the stranger was Mikkel. :D

Sorry I somehow missed this!

Mikkel was the big one for me! The Jonas/Stranger one was what I spoiled for myself accidentally while googling the character map

xD 

Archived