talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dark

football forum

Just now, nudge said:

But... but... LOST? :57_cry:

I'm out for a beer, will watch an episode or two after that :D 

Definitely. It didn't have all those filler episodes that Lost had :P  I never thought I could feel so emotional for another series, until Dark came long. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Definitely. It didn't have all those filler episodes that Lost had :P  I never thought I could feel so emotional for another series, until Dark came long. 

I see... I really enjoy it, and it definitely makes it into my top 10 (maybe even top 5), but I am not as emotionally involved as I was with LOST, sadly. 

9 hours ago, nudge said:

I see... I really enjoy it, and it definitely makes it into my top 10 (maybe even top 5), but I am not as emotionally involved as I was with LOST, sadly. 

Well, it's been a while since I've watched Lost, so maybe I am already emotionally detached from it. :P But what else I appreciate about Dark though is, they had 3 season planned from start to finish, and did only those planned 3 seasons. So they didn't have to make stuff up a long the way,  to drag it on and on and on to make cash. Which was the case with Lost, sadly. 

21 hours ago, nudge said:

Two episodes left.

There are too many Marthas in this show :4_joy:

One has a fringe though! I still miss Dark though. One day I'll rewatch it in all it's glory. 

• Subscriber

Finished it all last night. Great show, definitely one of my all-time favourites. Not an easy watch by any means, both because of its complexity, intensity and dark (hehe) mood. The ending was fitting, and very bittersweet. All the acting performances are remarkably good. Also it's one of the best series in terms of dealing with the topic of time travel and parallel worlds. Will definitely have to rewatch it at some point, as there a so many things and details that I've missed.

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Finished it all last night. Great show, definitely one of my all-time favourites. Not an easy watch by any means, both because of its complexity, intensity and dark (hehe) mood. The ending was fitting, and very bittersweet. All the acting performances are remarkably good. Also it's one of the best series in terms of dealing with the topic of time travel and parallel worlds. Will definitely have to rewatch it at some point, as there a so many things and details that I've missed.

I love that you loved it! The acting took me by surprise. Growing up watching the occasional German movie or series, you wouldn't think that this much talent in German acting exists. But this series nailed it. Also amazing how they got actors playing older or younger version of a character that looked so similar. Ulrich and older Ulrich vor example looked so spot-on. But I'm desperate to re-watch it as well. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I love that you loved it! The acting took me by surprise. Growing up watching the occasional German movie or series, you wouldn't think that this much talent in German acting exists. But this series nailed it. Also amazing how they got actors playing older or younger version of a character that looked so similar. Ulrich and older Ulrich vor example looked so spot-on. But I'm desperate to re-watch it as well. 

Most of the actors are very familiar to me (faces, not names, so I will just refer to them using their Dark character names haha), most of them from Tatort - I think at least 80-90% of them featured in Tatort at least once. Noah plays the main Kriminalhauptkomissar role in Tatort Berlin! Adult Franziska was played by the same actress that plays Semir's wife in Alarm für Cobra 11, Martin's mother in Deutschland 83/86, also saw her at least a few times in Tatort and Der Clown.  I also saw the actor who played Peter Doppler in an old Cobra 11 episode just yesterday xD, I also remember him from Tatort and Der letzte Bulle. Katharina played in Babylon Berlin (same with Bartosz), and I saw Ulrich just a few days (or maybe weeks ago) in Tödliche Geheimnisse on the tele, Michael was playing a role there too, same with young Egon Tiedemann who also played in the new Das Boot series together with young Noah :D 

I guess what I mean is, Germany had always had plenty of great actors and actresses, it's just that the production wasn't up to scratch. Dark is definitely the best in this aspect, and it also shows in acting performances.

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Most of the actors are very familiar to me (faces, not names, so I will just refer to them using their Dark character names haha), most of them from Tatort - I think at least 80-90% of them featured in Tatort at least once. Noah plays the main Kriminalhauptkomissar role in Tatort Berlin! Adult Franziska was played by the same actress that plays Semir's wife in Alarm für Cobra 11, Martin's mother in Deutschland 83/86, also saw her at least a few times in Tatort and Der Clown.  I also saw the actor who played Peter Doppler in an old Cobra 11 episode just yesterday xD, I also remember him from Tatort and Der letzte Bulle. Katharina played in Babylon Berlin (same with Bartosz), and I saw Ulrich just a few days (or maybe weeks ago) in Tödliche Geheimnisse on the tele, Michael was playing a role there too, same with young Egon Tiedemann who also played in the new Das Boot series together with young Noah :D 

I guess what I mean is, Germany had always had plenty of great actors and actresses, it's just that the production wasn't up to scratch. Dark is definitely the best in this aspect, and it also shows in acting performances.

Yea, I'll fully reply to that tomorrow. I got to sleep on that. You watch much more German Series than I do. xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I'll fully reply to that tomorrow. I got to sleep on that. You watch much more German Series than I do. xD

Haha, my dad likes to watch a lot of them so they are often running in the background when I'm working in the living room and I get constantly distracted as a result xD 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm going to have to avoid this thread for awhile it seems (For Spoilers), I just watched S1 E1 of this and it was absolutely brilliant. Just the kind of thriller that I enjoy. 

No visible spoilers here, just avoid opening the spoiler tags...

It's a great show! 

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

No visible spoilers here, just avoid opening the spoiler tags...

It's a great show! 

Outside of the continuous cloudy weather, Nuclear plant, and whatever is in that fucking cave, the city this is filmed in looks rather nice xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Outside of the continuous cloudy weather, Nuclear plant, and whatever is in that fucking cave, the city this is filmed in looks rather nice xD

Fuck Winden.

A bit of research shows that Winden is a real town in Bavaria, however...

According to the series creators, Baran bo Odarn and Jantje Friese, Winden is not a real town, and everything that was filmed for the series was purposely put together so that this fictional town wouldn't look like a northern German town or a Bavarian village.

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

What did Winden do you to ? Or is this a reference to something in the show I've yet to experience? 

Haha, it's a fictional town so it certainly didn't do anything to me xD Nah, partially the show, partially it being a typical small town that everyone tries to get out of while they're young. Deppresing!

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

A bit of research shows that Winden is a real town in Bavaria, however...

Read it again xD It says it' not a real town, made to NOT look like a Northern German or Bavarian village.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Read it again xD It says it' not a real town, made to NOT look like a Northern German or Bavarian village.

I did read it...

But it IS a real town in Germany...

Winden is a town in the district of Emmendingen in Baden-Württemberg in Germany.

Here is their government's website... 

http://www.winden-im-elztal.de/

2 hours ago, Eco said:

And I'm not sure there is a more ominous opening song...

Funnily enough I loved that song long before Dark. It used to be in an episode of Breaking Bad too. That's how I got to know it and had it on my phone ever since. 

Archived