talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Ground In English Football? (Quarter Final)

football forum

WHICH IS THE BEST GROUND IN ENGLISH FOOTBALL?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Quarter Final 1 - Which Is The Best Ground From The Below Options?

• Old Trafford (Manchester United)
    • Craven Cottage (Fulham)
    • Anfield (Liverpool)
  2. 2. Quarter Final 2 - Which Is The Best Ground From The Below Options?

• St. James' Park (Newcastle United)
    • Loftus Road (QPR)
    • Emirates Stadium (Arsenal)
  3. 3. Quarter Final 3 - Which Is The Best Ground From The Below Options?

• Goodison Park (Everton)
    • Etihad Stadium (Manchester City)
    • King Power Stadium (Leicester City)
  4. 4. Quarter Final 4 - Which Is The Best Ground From The Below Options?

• Villa Park (Aston Villa)
    • Molineux (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
    • Elland Road (Leeds United)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Not on your nelly! ¬¬

Filbert Street was a beauty though..

Very traditional but the marbled halls of Highbury with its Art Deco facade is just royal mate. :P

Kills me we couldn't expand that ground any further. Housing behind it was the reason for it if I'm not mistaken. Ridiculously we built a new stand, the biggest in the ground and within 5 years we built a new ground completely in quite controversial circumstances. Don't know all of the ins and outs but I know full-well LCFC didn't come out of it looking good at all.

Forest faced similar issues, as a result they've got a bit of a weird ground where one of their stands is one and a half stands, you'll know what I mean if you've been, proper weird but I've got to say I do like their ground. Have theirs over us or Derby any day.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

Kills me we couldn't expand that ground any further. Housing behind it was the reason for it if I'm not mistaken. Ridiculously we built a new stand, the biggest in the ground and within 5 years we built a new ground completely in quite controversial circumstances. Don't know all of the ins and outs but I know full-well LCFC didn't come out of it looking good at all.

Forest faced similar issues, as a result they've got a bit of a weird ground where one of their stands is one and a half stands, you'll know what I mean if you've been, proper weird but I've got to say I do like their ground. Have theirs over us or Derby any day.

and the hospital nearby as well. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Special as in making it bigger?

well it would look less bowl-like and set it apart from those kinds of stadia. at least make it be a bit different. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Special as in making it bigger?

Making it something a bit more noticeable. Look at our ground and Southampton's - literally identical stadiums in different colours, I want something a bit more unique to us rather than something totally symmetrical. Ours isn't a poor stadium it's just a bit boring.

If it was up to me I'd put another tier on the East Stand, another tier on the South Stand (Kop) and convert the lower tier to safe standing. Problem is it's illegal xD

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Housing issues have been the problem surrounding most redevelopments of new stadia in England, those stadiums that are situated within the city in urban areas. Arsenal didn’t redevelop the old Highbury because of this and it took them seven years to convince every house owner around the North Bank and West Stand to sell... all bar one!  One person didn’t sell no matter what the club offered them and I heard it was a very substantial amount of money a number of times more than the property was worth. So that’s why they moved 700 yards down the road to a derilict part of the zone. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Housing issues have been the problem surrounding most redevelopments of new stadia in England, those stadiums that are situated within the city in urban areas. Arsenal didn’t redevelop the old Highbury because of this and it took them seven years to convince every house owner around the North Bank and West Stand to sell... all bar one!  One person didn’t sell no matter what the club offered them and I heard it was a very substantial amount of money a number of times more than the property was worth. So that’s why they moved 700 yards down the road to a derilict part of the zone. 

genuinely don't blame them. You know the club has money so might as well milk them for it. 

Just now, Stan said:

genuinely don't blame them. You know the club has money so might as well milk them for it. 

For what was rumoured to have been offered they’d have left a couple of generations of their family well seen to mate. But I’m also on those house owner’s side to be honest. Many of those people in that area have lived their and inherited their homes through generations. 

• Subscriber

Nah you'd be a fool not to and it isn't like top tier clubs in this country wouldn't do the same if it was the other way round.

I reckon we'd have no issue doing it now. It isn't a wealthy area at all and we'd have the money to make people unrefusable offers.

We've got a very bad history for ground planning. Regularly reminded by Derby and Forest fans.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

That makes it 9-6, Old Trafford can't be beaten by Storts or Mel's votes so closing this round and moving on to the semi finals.

Doubt that it would have gotten voted for by either so onwards we go with Old Trafford.

• Subscriber

Hahaha Anfield and Old Trafford beating Craven Cottage is ludicrous. CC is top 3 away grounds in the country.

I'd have voted OT over Anfield as it happens. Anfield terrible away end, although decent away pub and better night out than Manchester for me although I realise I digress.

Either way CC is better than both. Well done Mel and Cannabis for getting the right answer

• The topic was locked

Archived