• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christmas

football forum

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

I’m in Naples for Christmas this year but I’ll buy my presents over there and then give them out for a The Twelfth Night (The Epiphany) when I get back on the 5th. 

So basically everyone will be getting a wooden puppet off you this year :ph34r:

Just now, Kitchen Sales said:

So basically everyone will be getting a wooden puppet off you this year :ph34r:

Hadn’t thought about what I was gonna buy yet but that’s actually a nice idea... A nice marionette for each. :)

The Twelfth Night (6th of Jan) is the main day for Christmas presents in Italy, Spain and I think Portugal too. It’s when the 3 Kings gifted Jesus his presents and the whole point of giving gifts at Christmas. All that until Coca-Cola butted in! :ph34r:

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Hadn’t thought about what I was gonna buy yet but that’s actually a nice idea... A nice marionette for each. :)

The Twelfth Night (6th of Jan) is the main day for Christmas presents in Italy, Spain and I think Portugal too. It’s when the 3 Kings gifted Jesus his presents and the whole point of giving gifts at Christmas. All that until Coca-Cola butted in! :ph34r:

You will secretly be known as "that" uncle by the rest of your family every Christmas xD

2 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

You will secretly be known as "that" uncle by the rest of your family every Christmas xD

Hahaha Yeah! The one that just when the kids think it’s all over... “That Uncle” will come and bring us some stuff one day before kids start school and only get one night to play with their new toys!  The git! xD

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Anyone know any good websites for gifts? I mean good gifts not those over priced novelty bottle opener types.

Redletterdays.co.uk

On 12/5/2017 at 1:51 PM, Stan said:

bought the missus her presents. Tequila rose, Bailey's Chocolate and a Joe Wicks recipe book (she's loves him). May also get her some stuff for her new flat. 

Don't know how you can be with anyone who loves someone else to be honest.... 

On 5/12/2017 at 10:11 AM, Anton said:

No presents bought and off to Cambodia for xmas after only having one family Christmas in the last 4 years, top son. But thinking I'll give my parents a tonne of cash as they're going away for a weekend over xmas. That's as festive as I am this year. 

Sounds interesting, what will you do? I have wanted to spend xmas on a foreign city since a few years ago but i wouldn't know where, and also i think i would feel kinda lonely being there all by myself on those days.

19 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Those gifts where people have to get off their arse themselves don't go down well in my experience :D any tangible gifts?

Yea... my Chelsea has been banging on about getting the missus and me a decent gift this year because she says we never want anything and the other half suggested getting me a new drill as the other is well on its way out and she has agreed... so.. I sorted out the one I want and its on a deal at Screwfix and gave her all the info for it and rather than just walk the 5 minutes from work to Screwfix which is about well, 5 minutes away she has tried to order it online... It wont let her set up an account for some reason and I can just imagine being asked to go and get my own present before the weekend is up.. I should imagine I will have to pay for the bloody thing as well and have her owe me the money.. xD

Merry Christmas Pops... 

Decorations been up 2 weeks already :ph34r:   ...love Christmas, 90% of presents bought and wrapped, bank account 5k lighter, having 3 young kids is expensive these days when they all want xbox's, playstation's and ipads, soon adds up!  ..i've not done bad myself this year though with a One X, new laptop and car ordered for March on the new plate, looking like it going to be a good one B|

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Dan said:

I can't be the only one here who hates the idea of being abroad at Christmas?

nope. I hate it.

For me, Christmas is time with the family and spend quality time with them. Always wanna be at home at Christmas time.

Depends on your situation. This will be my third Christmas away from Perth. Have only got a small family split across two continents. Sister is away, so it would be my parents and me... rather spend it in Cambodia with some mates having a laugh and a drink. Going to find a western meal though that's my only must. Last year in Sapporo booked in to a fancy hotel to get some western Christmas feast haha but very interesting being in places where it's not widely celebrated. It's a load of shite anyway. Having said that, have fond memories of family times when I was young. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Decorations been up 2 weeks already :ph34r:   ...love Christmas, 90% of presents bought and wrapped, bank account 5k lighter, having 3 young kids is expensive these days when they all want xbox's, playstation's and ipads, soon adds up!  ..i've not done bad myself this year though with a One X, new laptop and car ordered for March on the new plate, looking like it going to be a good one B|

Cheers mate - that comment deserved more than just one like, but it's worth at least 10 coming from you x 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

nope. I hate it.

For me, Christmas is time with the family and spend quality time with them. Always wanna be at home at Christmas time.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Same here, would be shite to be away at Christmas. Don't understand it.

Exactly this. Each to their own and all that but it doesn't appeal to me. My mate asked if I fancied Spain around then and I politely told him no chance. I love the buzz around Christmas everyone has and like the balance of that in the winter and going on holiday in the summer. No way would I do one of them twice.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Any time I don't get to be home for Christmas, I'm always a bit sad. This year will be one of those times.

Going to go buy a tree on Friday after work though. So that's nice. I fucking love Christmas.

I'd go as far as the whole of this month as ridiculous as it sounds. I'm in Leeds this week on a course but I'd much rather it had have been a few weeks ago.

I think I'm a bit of a kid at heart when it comes to Christmas.

Yeah love Xmas and looking forward to it.

I've been living in Seville since September and back home for two weeks or so over Xmas. Considering the weather we have in England in the summer and especially taking into account the last summer we had, I would now go as far as saying that winter is the best time of year, London for me is class in and around Xmas time. I'm looking forward to spending time with family and mates and to be back to going to the football as well.

31 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Been hitting the Christmas playlists on Spotify for my commute and just spent 3 hours baking cupcakes for the Christmas fair tomorrow. Trying to get in the spirit :whistling:.

Michael Buble mate. 

Michael Buble 

Archived