talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ed Sheeran

football forum

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He dominates the singles because the only people that buy singles are in that 16-25 age bracket and that's his core. I don't mind one or two songs and in fairness he is probably the more likeable out of the current pop machine, but I still think he's a bit of a tool

The problem isn't Ed Sheeran, it's the way the charts are now counted. Can't believe streaming counts for fucks sake. Not got a problem with physical downloads, it's essentially a sale, but imagine back in the day if every time you played a CD or listened to the song it counted as a sale? What a pile of bollocks.

17 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

With streaming being so big these days I can see why its counted but like you I don't agree with it.

Essentially someone can stick in their laptop charger, load up Spotify and stick it on an eternal loop while they run off to London for the weekend.

Physical or online sales should be the only check.

Unless they've changed it, I think 100 plays counts as one sale (fuck knows who plucked that number of the air though). I don't actually remember the last physical copy of anything I've bought, certainly haven't purchased anything digitally.

As for Ed, I like Ed, or more I like the idea of liking Ed cause he seems sound. However this Divide album won't be getting another run through from me, didn't take to it. Couple of OK tracks.

36 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

With streaming being so big these days I can see why its counted but like you I don't agree with it.

Essentially someone can stick in their laptop charger, load up Spotify and stick it on an eternal loop while they run off to London for the weekend.

Physical or online sales should be the only check.

You can only stream one song 70 times a day apparently and it 150 for it to count as a sale. Soon racks up when thousand play them. Here's an interesting article on it....

https://www.digitalspy.com/music/feature/a801321/streaming-and-ed-sheeran-have-ruined-the-charts-forever-heres-why/

• Administrator

prefer a couple of the songs from his album that he hasn't officially released.

Perfect and Galway Girl off his album are great.

Like above, I got bored of Castle on the Hill and Shape of You because they got played ridiculously too much.

best thing about Shape of You is this...

Personally I ignore the charts. They don't give way to upcoming talent very often and many of the songs in them sound very similar. Ed Sheeran has every one of his songs from Divide in the Top 20 right now. It's not on. Only one song in the Top 10 is not by him.

Are all of these songs good? Are their lyrics powerful? Is Sheeran the best musician of modern times? No. He's really not. With such innovations as 'when I was six years old I broke my leg' dominating the charts it's clear to me that, as @DeadLinesman has said before me, the charts are dead. They are meaningless.

52 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Why?

apparently what drives him is being called "ginger bollocks" by his old classmates and his desire is to show them all, it's like something out of south park.

I just can't fawn over a more musically talent version of this cunt to be honest.

He's the uncool kid who became famous.  That's how he comes across to me,  but I don't dislike him as a person. He's has a couple of good songs,  but as a whole,  his acoustic - rap shit gets on my nerves.  

6 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

apparently what drives him is being called "ginger bollocks" by his old classmates and his desire is to show them all, it's like something out of south park.

I just can't fawn over a more musically talent version of this cunt to be honest.

From my perspective Sheeran doesn't look too deep in his music. I don't feel anything when listening to it and his lyrics are poorer than Milli Vanilli's ability to sing. He's a bit of a one-trick pony with that being his ability to shift his fingers up and down a guitar neck every so often to a different chord. I'm not saying he's bad but rather overrated and bland.

• Subscriber

Pleased for him, followed him and been a fan since the early days when he as rapping on street corners pissed up with devlin and supporting Example. He deserves all the success he's had and continues to have. 

IMG_7711.thumb.PNG.ddee8a402bd0de9635cb751a5c5c4a71.PNG

That is absolute madness... xD

4 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Pleased for him, followed him and been a fan since the early days when he as rapping on street corners pissed up with devlin and supporting Example. He deserves all the success he's had and continues to have. 

IMG_7711.thumb.PNG.ddee8a402bd0de9635cb751a5c5c4a71.PNG

That is absolute madness... xD

Yet the final one is a result of the charts including streaming which in my honest opinion is bullshit.

Can't stand this fat ginger cunt any longer. Every time you listen to the radio that fucking woeful "shape of you" song is on, or that overplayed shite other one that came out around the same time. The prick could record himself having a shite and the mongs in this country would make it number one.

Just now, Cannabis said:

I've been in work an hour and heard it twice on the radio.

They playlists from some of the supposed "big" broadcasters in this country is shambolic. Same tunes, different day.

Pretty much the same everywhere. I just don't bother with Japanese radio but my area has a radio station and they sometimes play western songs but cut them off like a minute short whilst talking over them haha

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Cure said:

Yet the final one is a result of the charts including streaming which in my honest opinion is bullshit.

Yeah you're right, because Ed Sheeran is the only artist who can have his songs streamed. 

12 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Yeah you're right, because Ed Sheeran is the only artist who can have his songs streamed. 

His album was highly anticipated by many and with it being free people would obviously listen to everything. Not saying there aren't but it's the main reason why all of them finished in the Top 20.

Archived