talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Ground In English Football? (Semi Final)

football forum

WHICH IS THE BEST GROUND IN ENGLISH FOOTBALL?   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Semi Final 1 - Which Is The Best Ground From The Below Options?

• Old Trafford (Manchester United)
    • St. James' Park (Newcastle United)
  2. 2. Semi Final 2 - Which Is The Best Ground From The Below Options?

• Goodison Park (Everton)
    • Villa Park (Aston Villa)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St James Park because I genuinely think it's the better of the two and secondly because I will not vote for the Prawn Sandwich brigade.

And Villa Park because it's had renovation but maintained it's character and looks like a classic English stadium still. It would actually be perceived as a brilliant ground even further if it wasn't for the fact Villa play there and make the atmosphere a little dour. But there is no doubt in my eyes this should stiull be an FA Cup semi final stadium.

Goodison has had a good run but it rightly will bow out here.

25 minutes ago, Lucas said:

St James Park because I genuinely think it's the better of the two and secondly because I will not vote for the Prawn Sandwich brigade.

And Villa Park because it's had renovation but maintained it's character and looks like a classic English stadium still. It would actually be perceived as a brilliant ground even further if it wasn't for the fact Villa play there and make the atmosphere a little dour. But there is no doubt in my eyes this should stiull be an FA Cup semi final stadium.

Goodison has had a good run but it rightly will bow out here.

Never saw a Prawn Sandwich on offer at Craven Cottage in my life xD

But I get it and I agree with where you’re going with your argument.

To be honest though, had Craven Cottage been in one of the other groups they’d have gotten my vote because it really is a traditional English football stadium. 

• Administrator

Voted for Old Trafford as I've not been to St James' Park.

Tough to choose between Goodison and Villa Park as I've had the pleasure of experiencing both. Opted for the former as I prefer Everton as a club over Villa and think I enjoyed the away day more. 

• Subscriber

Final should be Goodison vs Villa Park (RIP White Hart Lane) now although Harvey has rigged it.

Voted Goodison because it's more enclosed and on top of the pitch - both excellent away days though.

I actually thought Goodison Park would have been closer to being out well before this stage, maybe narrowly scraping through. Voted against it every round.

Probably one of the worst top club grounds I've been to. In a shit area, the outside is like a warehouse, wooden floors inside, restricted views, a weird mexican wave effect in the home end when they are on the attack

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Never saw a Prawn Sandwich on offer at Craven Cottage in my life xD

But I get it and I agree with where you’re going with your argument.

To be honest though, had Craven Cottage been in one of the other groups they’d have gotten my vote because it really is a traditional English football stadium. 

Craven Cottage is decent but it was knocked out early so was never an option for the semi's.

To be perfectly honest, I used to love The Dell in Southampton. Only 15,000 and yet you could reach out and touch the players. It was one of the most intimidating grounds to go to and one the big clubs tended to hate visiting.

Upton Park was also worth a shout but sadly, neither exist to participate in something like this now.

Voted for ours and for Villa Park.

I like Villa Park as well, proper ground and hopefully get in back in the PL sometime soon. Old Trafford is over-rated, been there twice this season and the atmosphere was shite both times.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Howay, got to be at least one daft cunt out there that hasn't voted 

@LFCMadLad @LFCMike @Takyon @Tanksie @Teso dos Bichos @Pep Talk @Any O'Brien @Smiley Culture @Spike @Danny @Dickie @DNA @Happy Blue @HK85 @Chaaay AFC @carefreeluke @VanPaddy @Viva la FCB @Babycakes @Batard 

Pull your fingers out lads and ladies!

• The topic was locked

Archived