talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

If you could sign one Championship player for your club who would it be?

Just a bit of fun. Forrestieri? Knockeart? Bendtner?

If you asked me in August the answer would have been obvious really in Oliver Burke but as he's gone I struggled to pick one.

I'd pick Fulham Ryan Sessegnon. He looks like he has all the physical attributes and the ability to go right to the top.

Oh, and you can't pick Chelsea's Tammy Abraham.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Not really seen enough of Sessegnon but he does sound quite the prospect.

I do think Knockaert will eventually crack it in the Premier League and hopefully he comes up with Brighton this season.

Thinking out of the box, Pontus Jansson looks a cracking defender at Leeds.

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Ryan Sessegnon is the obvious one, I'll be surprised if he's still at Fulham next season considering how much media attention he's getting. 

I always liked Alexsandar Mitrovic at Newcastle United and wanted us to have a look at him when they went down, he's not the finished article but I love his attitude, with the right mentoring I believe that he can turn into a really good player. I've not followed Newcastle closely enough to know how he's doing this season but I hope their success so far is as a result of his contributions. 

So yeah, either one of those two for me.

He's 3rd choice now, behind Daryl Murphy, sometimes he can't even get a place on the bench xD

I think he'll go in the summer, if we can't get much money for him then he will be loaned out. 

• Administrator

Matt Ritchie was the one for me before he went to Newcastle. Thought he'd want to stay in Premier League as he's definitely good enough for it.

Would love to see Knockaert back though. He seems to have grown as a player and was possibly a bit naive when he was with us. Almost tried way too hard to impress. The move to Brighton has turned out good for him and would actually like them to get promoted.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He more than likely bought into the idea that they would be immediately promoted so decided that taking a year out under Rafael Benitez was a better option than sticking with the top flight at Bournemouth. Add to the fact that Newcastle are still probably pumping out top wages and you can understand why he's re-located to the North East.

Fucking hell xD. Consider my post void!

yeah, I can understand the move to Newcastle - perhaps should have said preferred that he stayed in the Premier League :) .

He's only 27 now as well I think so about to hit his peak no doubt.

I'm shocked no one has said Tom Cairney...do any of you watch the Championship regularly?! :P 

9 goals (most goal of the season contenders) and 9 assists so far this season, and he is really driving Fulham into the play offs this season. I really hope he gets his chance to play in the PL in the next season or so, he is now 26 and coming into the prime of his career. He seems to have progressed a lot since leaving us as in his younger days he couldn't play in a 4-4-2 system as the defensive side of his game wasn't good enough, but he also wasn't good enough to form the team around him. However, he is now Fulham's main man and he's matured a lot.

1 minute ago, Aaroncpfc said:

To say he's driving Fulham in to playoffs is harsh on about five+ other players who've have been excellent for them recently.

His recent goals/assists and overall performances would say otherwise.

Not saying they are in good form just because of him but for me he is their most important and influential player.

1 hour ago, roversgirl said:

His recent goals/assists and overall performances would say otherwise.

Ok I was wrong. It's got nothing to do with Sone Aluko, Tim Ream, Ryan Sessegnon or Tomas Kalas. It's the ex Blackburn player that's driving them to the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

How has Paul Dummett been playing? Seems to be a dead position the fullback, a real scarcity over the last decade. Or even Neil Taylor. 

Overall he is good in the games where we are set up defensively but lacking when we want to attack. 

He isn't going to be good enough for the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Overall he is good in the games where we are set up defensively but lacking when we want to attack. 

He isn't going to be good enough for the Premier League. 

That's too bad. Could he be a CB or DM?

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

That's too bad. Could he be a CB or DM?

A lot of people say he's a centre back and want him to play there. Personally I think it is now too late. His development years have been spent at fullback, he's missed out on the chance to be bedded in at centre back.

I'd be very tempted to go for Matej Vydra. Although his performances for Derby County could be considered respectable by some his two loan spells with Watford in recent years have proved plentiful and with Vydra being 24 he could improve very quickly given the right conditions.

On 12/03/2017 at 6:44 PM, Cure said:

I'd be very tempted to go for Matej Vydra. Although his performances for Derby County could be considered respectable by some his two loan spells with Watford in recent years have proved plentiful and with Vydra being 24 he could improve very quickly given the right conditions.

I think Matej, as much as I love him, is very much a Championship striker. Never proved he could cut it at the level above in his opportunities.

1 minute ago, Mazzari said:

I think Matej, as much as I love him, is very much a Championship striker. Never proved he could cut it at the level above in his opportunities.

Looking back on it I completely agree. When Watford were promoted last year Vydra didn't play again apart from in a league cup fixture despite scoring 16 in 42 appearances the previous season. Coincidence? I think not.

30 minutes ago, Cure said:

Looking back on it I completely agree. When Watford were promoted last year Vydra didn't play again apart from in a league cup fixture despite scoring 16 in 42 appearances the previous season. Coincidence? I think not.

He had 3 goals in 23 league games at West Brom in his only full PL season. Just not quite good enough.

• Subscriber

Sessegnon obvs.

Cairney xD Haven't seen him for a few years but went out drinking with him a few times after he dicked my mate, and saw him out quite a lot.

He's at his level, won't be able to handle the step up to the Prem.

Archived