talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

If you could sign one Championship player for your club who would it be?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Scott Hogan, but the way we play works best with one striker and the two wingers. For me it would be Helder Costa. What a talent and will be Premier League in no time I expect.

On 18/03/2017 at 1:46 PM, IgnisExcubitor said:

Helder Costa. Only saw him in couple of matches, and I was quite impressed.

It's a joke how we keep selling so many of our best academy products, for less than nothing.

I understand that some we can't help but sell when the biggest clubs come after them, but to not have the joy to see them shine with the shirt of the club they grew up with, even if just for a while, is sad.

See Bernardo Silva. Not even one fucking league game. From B team to Monaco.

On 3/25/2017 at 2:25 AM, Machado said:

It's a joke how we keep selling so many of our best academy products, for less than nothing.

I understand that some we can't help but sell when the biggest clubs come after them, but to not have the joy to see them shine with the shirt of the club they grew up with, even if just for a while, is sad.

See Bernardo Silva. Not even one fucking league game. From B team to Monaco.

£13 million for a relatively unproven youth player is hardly 'less than nothing'...?

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Probabl Aron Gunnarsson as we need a good creative mid who can also do some running and defending.

Now there's a name I thought literally nobody would go for xD

• Subscriber
Just now, Berserker said:

Who'd you say it's best and most complete mid in the league? You don't like gunny?

To be honest I don't watch enough of it to say for sure now but I didn't expect him to be mentioned here. Surely someone like Shelvey or Howson is better.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

To be honest I don't watch enough of it to say for sure now but I didn't expect him to be mentioned here. Surely someone like Shelvey or Howson is better.

I don't neither, i just remember him being quite decent 1 or 2 years back. I didn't like Shelvey when he played for Livpool or Swansea, thought he was slow and lazy but maybe he's improved tenfold and i'm just not aware. Howson i've never even heard of. xD

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I don't neither, i just remember him being quite decent 1 or 2 years back. I didn't like Shelvey when he played for Livpool or Swansea, thought he was slow and lazy but maybe he's improved tenfold and i'm just not aware. Howson i've never even heard of. xD

I must admit when you said it I struggled to really come up with anyone. Like I say I don't watch enough of the league nowadays to really say for sure so maybe I'm being a tit by knocking the Gunnarsson shout xD just thought he was largely regarded as quite mediocre at that level. Certainly not one you would single out.

Howson plays for Norwich. A very decent player I think.

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

I must admit when you said it I struggled to really come up with anyone. Like I say I don't watch enough of the league nowadays to really say for sure so maybe I'm being a tit by knocking the Gunnarsson shout xD just thought he was largely regarded as quite mediocre at that level. Certainly not one you would single out.

Howson plays for Norwich. A very decent player I think.

Guess we would've to ask our resident Red Dragon @Bluebird Hewitt to confirm. What about Lansbury and Cohen?

9 hours ago, Berserker said:

Guess we would've to ask our resident Red Dragon @Bluebird Hewitt to confirm.

Gunners has been one of our best players since Warnock took over (under Trollope he was poor, but so was everyone else). He has a good engine on him and gets stuck in, but I wouldn't say he's creative.

He's a good Championship player that'd be a useful squad player for any team, but I agree with Dan in that I wouldn't put him on par with some of the others listed here.

3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Gunners has been one of our best players since Warnock took over (under Trollope he was poor, but so was everyone else). He has a good engine on him and gets stuck in, but I wouldn't say he's creative.

He's a good Championship player that'd be a useful squad player for any team, but I agree with Dan in that I wouldn't put him on par with some of the others listed here.

Fair enough, you think Shelvey and Hogson are the best too?. What happened to Will Hughes?

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Dan said:

Lansbury's probably not a bad shout. Cohen, no chance is he the best in the league.

Lansbury is a massive cunt. Over-rated. 

9 hours ago, Berserker said:

Fair enough, you think Shelvey and Hogson are the best too?. What happened to Will Hughes?

Howson is a decent shout. Gunnarrsson is decent too but I think Howson offers more. 

Hughes has suffered with injuries so you could say his progress has been halted. He's alright. I prefer Craig Bryson or George Thorne to be honest.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I wonder how the British core of NU will handle the Premier League next season. Also, what happened to that Hanely cat?

If we go up we need signings big time. If Colback is still around the first team we are fucked. 

Hanley hasn't been able to get into the team due to Lascelles being captain and Ciaran Clark being one of our players of the season. When he has he has done well.

Archived